PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So what can be done to fix this (1-2 start)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incoherent post is incoherent. drinking in the AM?
I dont drink., Maybe you should though. I know it is hard for you to follow along. Its all out there for everyone to see. Going with your Stats claim - First you thought Jones is making a fraction of Mack and Miller (fail) and think Jones is some great playmaker --- and Flowers is not (fail).

Its not complicated. Just start watching the game and bragging less that you have been to all these games. Maybe you wont be a fail.

Your pink hat must be covering your eyes when you go or read players salaries.

The only qb all this pressure affected was Watson.

The only qb all this pressure affected was Watson.
That’s relative. We DONT get pressure 62% of the time and that’s the second best in the league. And that’s PRESSURE not disruption. The idea that there can be a pass rush that disrupts an offense all day long is ignorant.

No point getting “good QB pressure” if your LB’s can’t cover a simple flat route, or be able to stop the RB from gaining 7 yards every carry.

I swear some people here think real life is like a video game where all we need to do is play our current guys for a few more games so they’ll earn some skill points that we can dump into their “speed” stat and solve all of our problems.

That's where Bill comes in.
Bill's already in, and yet here we are.

Now watch the LOLphins hit Brady a dozen times, including at least 4 sacks.

Are you seriously implying that being a patriot fan has been anything but good? Anything but the best ever?

This is what is moronic about this board. We are in the midst of the greatest run in the history of the nfl and “fans” of this team act like people who are happy with what this franchise has done are kidding themselves and don’t get that it’s really been awful.
Unbelievable.

Andy, calm down. I'm saying just the opposite. I quoted your nice stats and supported them. I liked your original post.

Maybe one less cup of coffee?

I had to go back to the original post, and break this down, just in case it's not sarcasm. Let's look at your points.

1) Traded cooks. Foxboro never pays top of market for WRs. They just don't do it, it's their business model, like it or not. So they rented Cooks for a year, who was coming off his rookie deal, and moved up 9 spots in the draft in the process. Again, you don't have to like it, but this is their business model. Draft picks are commodities with value, and they increased their value AND had Cooks for a year.
2) Tried to trade Gronk. Gronk is arguably the best TE ever. Certainly best in the game currently. He's a pain in the ass of biblical proportions off the field, and, most importantly, became a contrarian voice by with his social media posts, his moto cross presser antics, his I'm retiring rhetoric, and by jumping on the Alex Guerrero Pliability train AND being vocal about it. If you look at the history of guys in this locker room, BB moves on from them when they either a) squawk about money (Moss, Milloy) or b) become a contrarian voice to what the coaches are trying to do. (Adailus Thomas, Jamie Collins) The exception is when guys are exceptional, like Ty Law and yes, Gronk. But I will venture a guess and say Bill can live with a violation of A but not B, and a violation of B gets you shipped out of town fast.
3)Let Amendola walk. See #1. They would never pay 12m to a guy that has never had more than 700 yards receiving. Add to that Amedola's age, and it was a forgone conclusion that Amendola would walk after 2017. Good for him getting the money.

If you're point was sarcasm, then...
images

Yeah keep drinking the kool aide bro.

Well, add Anthony Barr to the list of trade candidates that the Patriots can’t really afford. His salary is a crazy $12.3 million, but Vikings fans are ready to run him out of town.

Well, add Anthony Barr to the list of trade candidates that the Patriots can’t really afford. His salary is a crazy $12.3 million, but Vikings fans are ready to run him out of town.

They should be ready to run Zimmer out of town. Anthony Barr was tasked with covering both Robert Woods and Cooper Kupp in man with no help last night and they wonder why he got burned?

I love when the hindsight bozos come out with all the moves they would have done after the fact.

Stop ****ing talking in vague generalities and give us your amazing plan of what should be done from now on. Please tell us what BB and Casario are missing.
Let's see. They are missing the following: difference making pass rushers, quick linebackers, a reasonable 2nd and 3rd corner, a decent second tight end in terms of pass catching, a reliable runner now that Hill went down, a deep target who knows the system (Gordon might solve this), an average backup quarterback, and a decent blindside blocker.

Would they need to solve all of these problems to win a Super Bowl? No. But they would have to solve some of them. The team seems unlikely to solve more than one or two of them and this places them in a precarious spot. Are they 8-8 bad? Unlikely, but I don't honestly see this team doing any better than 10-6. That might not be good enough for the playoffs if the Dolphins keep their foot on the gas and things end up like in 2008 with an 11-5 club not going to the postseason.

Is there some magic panacea that will solve all of the team's roster woes? Absolutely not. This has been a problem that has been building for years due to poor contracts like the Hightower one causing the team to lose cap space for team leaders -- and fan favorites -- like Amendola who now plays for our chief divisional rival. The same can be said for a number of bad drafts. The proverbial chickens have come home to roost and asking me to come up with a quick solution to a long-term problem is crazy.

I'm glad to hear you think I am suggesting things in hindsight. Other than the Hightower deal, I'm exclusively putting the problem with the team on poor drafting. Unless you're telling me that we should just be content with poor drafting, I think you're still clinging to homer behavior.

Here's hoping we can overcome these issues. I'm just not prepared to have blind faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back