PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver Lining: Damien Harris looks very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it. 3 backup OLineman, and he somehow almost averaged 6 yards a carry !!!

Yeah. I am curious to see how those blockers were looking throughout the night. Eyeball test they played pretty well all things considered.

Is there a thread on the two rookie TE's?

Harris did not look better than Sony
Sony sucks. If Sony gets cut by the Pats, it will probably be the beginning of the end of football in the NFL for him. He needs grand canyons size holes to run through then he gets to second level and DT are able to catch up to him. No Bueno.

Only got a chance to watch highlights, but Harris looks more explosive than Sony, I will give him that. Doesn't seem like the type of guy who can dance behind the offensive line, but someone similar to LeGarrette Blount, who follows blockers and hits holes consistently. We will see more in the next two weeks.

Sony was shifty on his two long runs against the Raiders. I didn't see that change of direction ability from Harris. Harris can run hard, grind out some yards but he did not look fast or quick to me. Maybe I was expecting too much based on the hype on PatsFans. Comparing Sony against the Raiders and Harris against the Chiefs, I would take Sony.

There's a slight difference, Benny...Jonas Gray was a walk on FA, Harris is a 3rd round pick.Obvious difference in talent.

Sony sucks. If Sony gets cut by the Pats, it will probably be the beginning of the end of football in the NFL for him. He needs grand canyons size holes to run through then he gets to second level and DT are able to catch up to him. No Bueno.

I don't think he's as terrible as Maroney. But he needs EVERYTHING perfect to run well. Elite OLine in front of him plus Gronk plus Develin. I think if he ran tonight with 3 backup OLinemen and defense stacking the box against our bad QBs, he'd have averaged 2-3 yards per carry instead of Harris who out up almost 6 yards a carry.

Imagine if we had:
  • Some semblance of a starting line
  • A starting caliber QB behind center
  • Caught a short pass instead of bobbling it into the DB's hands for a pick 6
  • Paid attention to how many timeouts we had left.
  • Not been screwed by a ******** call on a Turnover.
  • Caught the two gimme interceptions that we dropped.
Honestly I don't know how you see all this adversity and not come away feeling like the next time we play the champs we have a good shot of winning and if we make it to the post season and have any success it's almost a guarantee we'll be playing @KC. I don't hold out anything like real hopes for the SB or anything but I was pretty happy, overall, with how our team played despite the above.

Imagine if we had:
  • Some semblance of a starting line
  • A starting caliber QB behind center
  • Caught a short pass instead of bobbling it into the DB's hands for a pick 6
  • Paid attention to how many timeouts we had left.
  • Not been screwed by a ******** call on a Turnover.
  • Caught the two gimme interceptions that we dropped.
Honestly I don't know how you see all this adversity and not come away feeling like the next time we play the champs we have a good shot of winning and if we make it to the post season and have any success it's almost a guarantee we'll be playing @KC. I don't hold out anything like real hopes for the SB or anything but I was pretty happy, overall, with how our team played despite the above.

Yup. With 15 mins left it was a 3 point tight ball game. So all things considered I was surprised it was even close at that point

Just think that Sony has more to give and he is not 100% but how long do you wait ? At the moment I would say that Harris deserves the shout to see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes