PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Silver Lining: Damien Harris looks very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's good, Sony's good, White's good, Rex is good, Taylor's good... bottom line is when the blocking is good it's easy for good talent to shine.

Also Josh has to mix more toss plays in, when there's too much running between the tackles opponents don't respect the edges. The draw play to White tonight was also a revelation, some more nuanced running plays like that would be welcome.

anyone thinking what im thinking? probably not... but

Harris, Michel, White, Newton

We got the makings of the Notre Dame Box!

Confusion, deception, unpredictability ... whats not to love

anyone thinking what im thinking? probably not... but

Harris, Michel, White, Newton

We got the makings of the Notre Dame Box!

Confusion, deception, unpredictability ... whats not to love

Dont forget Burkie.

4 games Burkhead 30 att - 128 yards - 2 tds - 4.3 ypc....and 12 receptions - 101 yards - 1 td @ 70% catch rate
3 games Sony..........26 att - 173 yards - 1 td - 6.7 ypc.......and 2 receptions - 23 yards - 0 td @ 66%
1 game Harris .........17 att - 100 yards - 0 td - 5.9 ypc.........N/A
2 games White ...... 8 att - 43 yards - 0 tds - 5.4 ypc..........and 10 receptions - 68 yards - 0 tds @ 90%
3 games Taylor........16 att - 70 yards - 0 tds - 4.4 ypc........and 1 reception - 4 yards - 0 tds @ 50%

The RB position is the strength of the offense. Im confident that they run on anybody in the NFL.

Dont forget Burkie.

4 games Burkhead 30 att - 128 yards - 2 tds - 4.3 ypc....and 12 receptions - 101 yards - 1 td @ 70% catch rate
3 games Sony..........26 att - 173 yards - 1 td - 6.7 ypc.......and 2 receptions - 23 yards - 0 td @ 66%
2 games White ...... 8 att - 43 yards - 0 tds - 5.4 ypc..........and 10 receptions - 68 yards - 0 tds @ 90%
3 games Taylor........16 att - 70 yards - 0 tds - 4.4 ypc........and 1 reception - 4 yards - 0 tds @ 50%

The RB position is the strength of the offense. Im confident that they run on anybody in the NFL.

Yes. Love the RBs and have loved them all through the "second dynasty" years.

Best rushing offense in the league. 185 yards and 5.1 YPC yesterday with what we had at QB.

Dont forget Burkie.

Oh i'm not forgetting that little masher... been a bright light so far this season...

and we will see how good the running game is this coming week... the donkos have sported a pretty good run defense so far... our strengths vs their strengths... will be a good game

Assuming they can pass accurately they can run on anyone. It was funny how when Stidham entered the game yesterday the Chiefs instinctively knew they couldn't load the box anymore and the interior runs immediately opened up for Harris.

I still think if Stidham could miraculously grow into an excellent pocket passer this offense would be better off, would be more balanced and would still lead the league in rushing. With an accurate arm back there they would be really tough to defend, even if it means Cam improves as a pocket passer.

What can't be denied is that this WR corps is good, they get open on the regular and the only thing they struggle with now is finding an accurate QB who can regularly hit them in stride, so far none of the QB's is that including Cam. "Separation" issues seem to be a load of bollocks.

TE is another story entirely. Izzo got overthrown by Hoyer, but Stidham threw it right to him and he didn't reach up and grab it. Somehow, someway they need to get the rookie TE's involved more. I understand Izzo is probably more advanced as a blocker at this point but these TE coaches need to get their butts in gear.

Really good opponents and defenses have to respect the pass or this team will not go far.

I really do think he looked better than Michel, even if not by a wide margin. To my untrained eye, he made more out of less and seemed faster.
I think given Sony's injury history they ought to let him walk after his rookie contract. He's played well, but after years of college and now the pros he has a lot of wear and tear on his legs. Harris split time at Alabama and has had fewer injuries. RB's are replaceable, Sony is on borrowed time no matter how well he plays. Let him walk, draft another one for the pipeline and/or sign another value vet free agent like Rex.

Fans put too much stock in draft position.

he looks really good! Seems to have a burst that Sony does not have. Glad to see him taking advantage of his opportunity.

I think given Sony's injury history they ought to let him walk after his rookie contract. He's played well, but after years of college and now the pros he has a lot of wear and tear on his legs. Harris split time at Alabama and has had fewer injuries. RB's are replaceable, Sony is on borrowed time no matter how well he plays. Let him walk, draft another one for the pipeline and/or sign another value vet free agent like Rex.

Fans put too much stock in draft position.

It all depends on his asking price when the time comes IMO. He could very well find himself only commanding the vet minimum, in which case I'd be happy to give him another year or two.

I only saw the highlights but he looked legit!

Behind an OL with only 2/5 starters and 2 of the replacements were rookies and with the defense playing against the run

Extremely impressive from Damien Harris. I would suggest make him the lead RB the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News