Votes: 26 86.7%

• Total voters

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Not to diminish the value and service of every Patriots' spouse...but lets be honest... Gisele Bundchen may be the most significant wife of a professional male athlete in history and the X factor that continues to tip the scales in New England's favor. Her financial might has allowed Brady to accept below market compensation giving NE financial flexibility few teams can match. Together, they share singular focus, unmatched work ethic, commitment to a healthy lifestyle, and extreme desire to be the best.
If Tom Brady was grabbing for every dollar he rightfully deserves, if Tom Brady had to live the typical life of a pro-baller, if NE had to navigate cap stress year in year out.....how different it might all be.
At some point in time, Gisele deserves some form of recognition.

No

edit: Her income is not why Brady takes less money. Brady takes less money because it's best for the team. Period. If her income was $0 he'd still take less money. It's the way he is and the way he was raised.

It's an interesting thought and I agree Giselle is significant in some ways more so than most players wives. I don't think it makes any sense to do the kind of recognition you're talking about. These kinds of things will be reserved for very successful front office Personnel or support staff. But I do think that she is owed some recognition and thanks. Maybe when it finally comes up that Tom Brady actually does retire, put a picture of Giselle somewhere in Tom Brady's plaque in the Patriots Hall of Fame

no..........he was successful before giselle

but she's pretty good at selfies

tumblr_okxoqv01mT1rvn2ylo1_500.gif

and she has a twin sister........

If you were to draw up the perfect woman, you know you would throw in a twin sister, I'm just saying.....

Seriously, I think that all the wives deserve some recognition, as they have to sit there each week and watch their husband, father of her children, (and in most cases) meal ticket, participate in something that will most likely shorten his lifespan, and may in an instant lame or kill him. That can't be fun.

Ok these free rings for everyone are getting a little ridiculous.

No ring, but perhaps she can chew out the receivers before every game, you know, remind them that Brady can't throw AND catch the balls too.

(Jeez, it's been over five years...)

I don't know about a ring?

She gets me even more pumped for the game when camera's turn to her though. Not just because she is beautiful but she goes f'n nuts and I like it lol.

At first I blamed super bowl 42 and 46 losses since Gisele was there, but then she showed up to SB 49 and 51 and of course we won. No wife/GF should get team recognition. We all know what a great wife and supporter she is of TB12, but c'mon...

No

edit: Her income is not why Brady takes less money. Brady takes less money because it's best for the team. Period. If her income was $0 he'd still take less money. It's the way he is and the way he was raised.

Did Brady tell you this when you had him over for dinner Tuesday night?

Did Brady tell you this when you had him over for dinner Tuesday night?

Nope, just the thing you lack...common sense and intelligence.

Since 2005, Brady has renegotiated his deal 3x (2005, 2010, 2013) and signed 1 extension (2016).

His average cap hit from 2005 to 2017 is $14 million a year.
His highest cap hit in that time frame is $17 million

$20 million a year cap hits have been the norm for a while now for QBs yet he continues to keep his low.

If he was out for every penny don't you think he would've renegotiated for it by now? Don't you think he would be an endorsement whore like Peyton? That's right, you don't think

Let's all remember Brady's last renegotiation was completely to screw the league out of money. I think his salary was $1 million, so the league got only $250,000 from his suspension, the rest, was negotiated into a roster bonus.

I thought everyone already wanted to retire the letter (jimmy) G.

Nope, just the thing you lack...common sense and intelligence.

Since 2005, Brady has renegotiated his deal 3x (2005, 2010, 2013) and signed 1 extension (2016).

His average cap hit from 2005 to 2017 is $14 million a year.
His highest cap hit in that time frame is $17 million

$20 million a year cap hits have been the norm for a while now for QBs yet he continues to keep his low.

If he was out for every penny don't you think he would've renegotiated for it by now? Don't you think he would be an endorsement whore like Peyton? That's right, you don't think

Relax man, I'm just joking around.

Your post made it seem like you knew for a fact that Brady would still take less money even if he weren't married to Giselle. I don't think any of us knows that one way or another. I would say the majority of people who have an opinion believe that her wealth allows him to take less money. But he's never said that one way or the other, although you seemed pretty certain that he does so "because that's how he was raised".

Also I don't really get your point in this post. I never said he was out for every penny. I 100% agree with you that he has purposefully taken less salary to help the team's cap situation.

Finally, he has plenty of endorsements and probably makes millions off of those similar to Pink Head. They are just for really nice things like cars and watches that don't get play during football games, unlike Papa John's.

Ted Johnson votes for Bianca Wilfork.

What about all the fans that have never changed out of their lucky underwear? At least give them talcum powder. Not Johnson and Johnson because that could lead to cancer. Asking for a friend.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back