PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WSJ Magazine: Gisele Bündchen Is a Force of Nature (includes quotes about Tom Brady)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbobbo

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
interview with Bündchen by the WSJ's Jason Gay. note, the interview was done before the super bowl.

WSJ Magazine: Gisele Bündchen Is a Force of Nature

“Do you know those things called Munchkins?’’ Bündchen asks, referring to the highly addictive doughnut-hole treats served at the Massachusetts-founded religion, I mean, bakery chain.

“Oh, my God,” she says. “I cannot have one. I have to have, like, 10. They’re so tiny…. It’s a guilty pleasure.”
This all began, she says, with the couple’s 8-year-old son, Benjamin, and his early morning weekend hockey sessions. According to Bündchen, it was Brady—Mr. Avocado Ice Cream himself—who decided the family should bring boxes of Munchkins to practice.

“It’s become a thing that we bring it,” Bündchen says.

She laughs at suggestions that she’s behind her husband’s rakish style choices.

“I’ve never in my life told him to wear anything,” Bündchen says of Brady. “You should see our closets….It’s so funny. I would say that he likes fashion more than I like fashion. I would say he’s changed his haircut in one year more than I’ve changed in my whole life.

Overall, Bündchen says she gets way more credit for Brady’s moves than she deserves. She mentions the recent Tom vs Time Facebook documentary—she says it took a lot of convincing to get her on board to allow the cameras into their home.

“People are like, ‘Oh, Gisele must have told Tom [to do it],’ ” she says. “He’s the one who had to come and ask me.”

Bündchen has spoken in the past about her concerns with Brady’s football career, given the growing science about the long-term impact of concussions. “I’m entitled to have my concerns because my husband is the father of my children,” she says. “If you don’t have your health, what do you have?”

At the same time, Bündchen sees how passionate Brady remains about the game, how much joy he takes in playing, even now in his 40s.

“It’s not my decision to make,” she says of any retirement talk for Brady. “It’s his decision, and he knows it. It wouldn’t be fair any other way.

“He’s so focused right now,” she says. “He has a laser focus on just winning and being the best, and I said, ‘You know what? This is what you’re doing right now in your life, and you need to feel complete in it, because if I’m the one who comes and says something and then you make a decision based on something that I said—’ ”

He’d resent it?

“Yeah, and I would never in my life, ever. I want him to be happy. Believe me, I’ve been with him when he’s losing. Try to be with him after you have lost [Super Bowls]. I mean, I had my fair share, OK? As long as he’s happy, he’s going to be a better father, he’s going to be a better husband, and I just want him to be happy. I do have my concerns, like anyone would.”

It’s such a strange combination of professional worlds to straddle: fashion and football. I ask Gisele what would happen if she put Karl Lagerfeld at a table with Brady’s famously taciturn coach, Bill Belichick.

“I think they could have an interesting conversation, because they are very intelligent people,” she says, smiling. “I would love to be at that table.”

Wow, Giselle is such a mature and caring person. Despite the fact that football is Tom's mistress so to speak and demands SO much of his time and energy, she understands that it truly makes him happy and as such is best for their marriage...even after all these years. Tom is truly blessed to have her as a partner.

Btw @captain insano , what could you possibly dislike about that post?

Try to be with him after you have lost [Super Bowls]. I mean, I had my fair share, OK? As long as he’s happy, he’s going to be a better father, he’s going to be a better husband, and I just want him to be happy. I do have my concerns, like anyone would.”

Translation: Just keep him out of my hair.

Gisele's awesome. EVERYTIME someone mutters the name Tom Brady around here, IT HAS TO BE followed by "Oh that's giselle's husband, right?"

This is an honest (from what I can tell) view from G. You can tell that the longer term (and the "one bad hit") effects of football are on her mind, as they should be in regards to the father of her children. But if the tables were turned, I'm sure she would hate her husband telling her to quit her passion, so she's just going to have to let TB come to this decision on his own. He has less than 5 years left. At this point she's probably just cheering like hell that the Pats win it all every year and MAYBE TB decides to pull the plug after another SB and ride off into the sunset on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes