PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shock night might not be over: Butler rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but maybe BB values the pick more that uncertainty and knowing if he will be taking up cap.
My take is if he thinks he can go with Gilmore Rowe Bad Moose and J Jones with C Jones coming back he may value a pick In that range.
Anything less than a third and I wouldn't understand it.
True but after Gilmore Girls, in terms of talent and production no one is close to Malcolm. If he goes it'll be a loss

Agree in general but I do think if some team offered BB a #1 for Malcolm he'd really have to think that one long and hard...
for about one second

How is Butler worth more than a first for the rest of the season?

for about one second

How is Butler worth more than a first for the rest of the season?
Its impossible to be worth more than a first.

I don't follow your point

Butler has been playing well. That doesn't make him worth a franchise tag. Poster may believe that Butler is worth a tag. I don't see Belichick agreeing.
=========
With regard to trading a player who is leaving after the season, the issue is value. For example, if we didn't have Butler, would we trade a 2nd for someone of his quality who would be a free agent after the season. Obviously Butler knows the system and is worth more. The open question is how much he is worth to us. Personally, I don't think that anyone will offer a second for Butler for the rest of the season.

Right, just like you and I right now, people are going to see things differently, but in those instances when 99% of the people are on the same page (like Dwayne Allen is a bust), then that really tells you something.
Yes indeed.

And, at least 80% of the board thought that the team was in shambles and had little chance against Atlanta, especially after they knew who wasn't available for the game.

Andy thought that Belichick knew what he was doing. He was right.

IMHO, the newspaperboy gives stock advice, it is time to sell. Ditto with regard to what we should do when 80% of the board is whining about almost anything that Belichick has done, or with regard to the quality of players or units.. The opposite position is often true.

This makes no sense. How a team that invested a high draft pick on a player, decides that said player is a bust after 8 games, and would decide to double down by investing another plethora of draft pick for another unknown commodity (i.e. Garoppolo) knowing that they will only another 8 game sample to justify paying this guy 20 millions or risk losing him to free agency ?

You can know quickly if a guy has it or doesn't. Jimmy G is much more a known commodity than guys in the draft.

You can know quickly if a guy has it or doesn't. Jimmy G is much more a known commodity than guys in the draft.
Average price for a 2nd round QB via the draft = 1 million per year.

Expected price for the 2nd round pick they gave up = 20 million per year.

This is one of the reasons why it was obvious that Garoppolo was never going to bring in multiple high round picks.

So BB kept it a secret and traded him to SF for a 2nd instead of calling the team that offered a first or 2 a few months ago?
Do you think BB is Forest Gump?
Well, as Forest himself said: Stupid is as stupid does.

Dear Malcolm.

have a great 2nd half of season, and make a ton of money in the off season.

you deserve it.

While I agree I think he’s going to have a Welker experience where he gets much less than expected due to age and issues with big WR’s.

Life isn’t fair

Hope they figure out how to keep him.

I can't say I'm surprised this didn't happen.

While I agree I think he’s going to have a Welker experience where he gets much less than expected due to age and issues with big WR’s.

Life isn’t fair

Hope they figure out how to keep him.
A Welker experience will still mean his family is set for life.

Bill isn't a stupid man, but as a GM he has done stupid things - lots of them.
He has done a hell of a lot more smart things than stupid things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News