PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Shock night might not be over: Butler rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Answer this simple question: Was his trade value higher yesterday or right before the draft?

it might be higher now because teams realize their QB they fell in love with in the draft is not that good

it might be higher now because teams realize their QB they fell in love with in the draft is not that good

Just like the preseason may have given teams some pause that maybe Jimmy G isn't the future Hall of Famer others were proclaiming him to be.

I'm rooting for Jimmy but the reality is that he had a chance to shine for 1.5 games. Of course a poor preseason will factor into the equation.......after all there isn't much of a book on him...so every little piece is analyzed (including preseason).

This makes no sense. How a team that invested a high draft pick on a player, decides that said player is a bust after 8 games, and would decide to double down by investing another plethora of draft pick for another unknown commodity (i.e. Garoppolo) knowing that they will only another 8 game sample to justify paying this guy 20 millions or risk losing him to free agency ?

Just like the preseason may have given teams some pause that maybe Jimmy G isn't the future Hall of Famer others were proclaiming him to be.

I'm rooting for Jimmy but the reality is that he had a chance to shine for 1.5 games. Of course a poor preseason will factor into the equation.......after all there isn't much of a book on him...so every little piece is analyzed (including preseason).
No team thought he was a hall of famer. It’s ludicrous to think his preseason would change their analysis.

This makes no sense. How a team that invested a high draft pick on a player, decides that said player is a bust after 8 games, and would decide to double down by investing another plethora of draft pick for another unknown commodity (i.e. Garoppolo) knowing that they will only another 8 game sample to justify paying this guy 20 millions or risk losing him to free agency ?
There were no teams that invested high pucks that were trying to trade for jag.

No team thought he was a hall of famer. It’s ludicrous to think his preseason would change their analysis.

If he had more of a regular season sample size than 1.5 games you might be able to write off his pre-season struggles as a 'ho hum' go through the motions of training camp.........but this is a guy with a small sample size of live action who KNOWS everything he does is essentially an audition for his next suitor. So yeah, it could.

If he had more of a regular season sample size than 1.5 games you might be able to write off his pre-season struggles as a 'ho hum' go through the motions of training camp.........but this is a guy with a small sample size of live action who KNOWS everything he does is essentially an audition for his next suitor. So yeah, it could.
If he had more than 1.5 games everything would be different.
His preseason was neither a plus or a minus. It’s about what would be expected.

That wasn't the point.
Of course it is the point if the argument is that teams investing high picks would therefore have lost interest and changed the market.

If he had more than 1.5 games everything would be different.

You're making my point.

His preseason was neither a plus or a minus. It’s about what would be expected.

There are pages and pages of preseason threads that would suggest otherwise.

How much you factor that into the decision is unknown but it's clear that preseason did not increase his value.

Because it’s the Boston motto...stay loyal to the Rudy type player who overachieves and criticize the high 1st round talent who doesn’t make a spectacular play every play and call him a diva

Nonsense

You're making my point.
No, I’m not. They had 1.5 games to go on before the draft and 1.5 games to go in today.

There are pages and pages of preseason threads that would suggest otherwise.
You are going to take comments on this board as a source of evaluation?

How much you factor that into the decision is unknown but it's clear that preseason did not increase his value.
It’s known, it’s zero.

You're also conveniently overlooking the value of obtaining a guy mid season vs. pre season.

The same would go for Butler if we offered him in a trade. I think it's just common sense that a team would value Butler more if they had him for the full year (including training camp) as opposed to half the season.

As I think about it, trading Jimmy G. is one thing, as (God forbid) unless Brady goes down it doesn't really impact the team, but trading Butler at this point, particularly where Gilmore has been hurt and not up to speed yet anyway, would be like giving up on this season. I don't see BB doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes