PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seahawks reportedly open to trading Sherman...

Status
Not open for further replies.
To land Ezekiel Elliot it would take Rachel Maddow for me.

What a horrible thought at 6am.....

Yikes. I think I'd rather have Rosie than that guy.

I have no problem with most liberals/Dems but I despise that woman...
thats-no-woman.jpg

I'm being petty here, but it has always annoyed me that he constantly talks about how intelligent he is. He has stated many times that he got into Stanford on his academic merits rather than just his football talent. It's not even close to being true. He scored a 990 on his SATs. He had very good grades, but that's a few hundred points short of even being considered by Stanford. He also only scored a 24 on the Wonderlic. I'm not saying he's not bright, but the constant praise of his intelligence is ridiculous.

Yeah, he can be entertaining but annoying. I think Sherman has a chip on his shoulder for growing up in Compton and being selected in the Fifth Round, a lot like some other guy who plays QB for the Pats. But I don't put a lot of faith in unsubstantiated media reports or SAT scores. He seems pretty intelligent to me.

I'm being petty here, but it has always annoyed me that he constantly talks about how intelligent he is. He has stated many times that he got into Stanford on his academic merits rather than just his football talent. It's not even close to being true. He scored a 990 on his SATs. He had very good grades, but that's a few hundred points short of even being considered by Stanford. He also only scored a 24 on the Wonderlic. I'm not saying he's not bright, but the constant praise of his intelligence is ridiculous.
What's your point? SAT's?? Listen man, I am not sure where you're from or what circumstances you had growing up personally, but I can tell you that SAT's/ wonderlics don't mean Sh#t. First of all, SAT's are culturally biased. This is a fact, do your research. He graduated from HS with a 4.2 GPA & was the first student in 20 years to qualify for an academic & athletic scholarship at Stanford. Many players who score highly are TERRIBLE football players & can't even read a playbook. Also, many great players had low scores on the wondelic. Does this mean they aren't smart individuals. Players such as:

AJ Green- 10
Patrick Peterson- 9
Kelvin Benjamin- 7
Terrell Pryor- 7
Frank Gore- 6
Bobby Wagner- 8
Revis- 10
Torry Holt- 11
Keyshawn Johnson- 11
Randy Moss- 12
Ray Lewis- 13 (More importantly; he killed a guy)
Simeon Rice- 13
Eddie George- 14
Julio Jones- 15
Terry Glenn- 15
Jim Kelly- 15
Kyle Van Noy- 16 (Not a great player, but no dummy)

Vinny Testeverde- 17
Khalil Mack- 17
Matt Forte- 18
Larry Fitzgerald- 18 (Is he a dummy too??)
Derek Carr- 20

I think you get the point. "Book Smarts" don't mean a damn thing, except to give you merit into some dude's university/ academy/ institution. I know many individuals that have not finished high school, let alone attended a university & will RUN CIRCLES around so-called "geniuses." Also, listen to Sherman speak in regards to matters of substance (politics, racism, discrimination, delegation of power across the NFL, poverty, education etc). This is where you'll flashes of brilliance.

Last edited:
"His heart's gone! He's scared!" Lol.

Though it was entertaining hearing him talk trash during Super Bowl 48. To Welker: "Don't you ever think you can go one on one with us" "This is an ass whooping!"

But I still don't buy that he's on the trade block. No way.

What's your point? SAT's?? Listen man, I am not sure where you're from or what circumstances you had growing up personally, but I can tell you that SAT's/ wonderlics don't mean Sh#t. First of all, SAT's are culturally biased. This is a fact, do your research. He graduated from HS with a 4.2 GPA & was the first student in 20 years to qualify for an academic & athletic scholarship at Stanford. Many players who score highly are TERRIBLE football players & can't even read a playbook. Also, many great players had low scores on the wondelic. Does this mean they aren't smart individuals. Players such as:

AJ Green- 10
Patrick Peterson- 9
Kelvin Benjamin- 7
Terrell Pryor- 7
Frank Gore- 6
Bobby Wagner- 8
Revis- 10
Torry Holt- 11
Keyshawn Johnson- 11
Randy Moss- 12
Simeon Rice- 13
Eddie George- 14
Julio Jones- 15
Terry Glenn- 15
Jim Kelly- 15

Vinny Testeverde- 17
Khalil Mack- 17
Matt Forte- 18
Derek Carr- 20

I think you get the point. "Book Smarts" don't mean a damn thing, except to give you merit into some dude's university/ academy/ institution. I know many individuals that have not finished high school, let alone attended a university & will RUN CIRCLES around so-called "geniuses." Also, listen to Sherman speak in regards to matters of substance (politics, racism, discrimination, delegation of power across the NFL, poverty, education etc). This is where you'll find the intelligence.

You make fair points about test scores overall. That said, I was specifically referring to Sherman and Stanford. Taking into account various factors such as such cultural bias, his test scores still would have prevented him from having any shot at getting into Stanford without football.

I wouldn't care about any of this if I hadn't heard him repeatedly insult other people's intelligence while citing his Stanford pedigree and his superior intellect. Also, I did not call him a dummy.

Uh huh. Looks like we at least were in on it.

Why does this crap come out now? What purpose does it serve?

Uh huh. Looks like we at least were in on it.

I'd still trade for him.

Trade Sherman for Malcolm.

Pats get a better, more expensive player but SEA gets a slightly younger but not as good player.

Might be some pick-swapping involved.

Teams would have a helluva time completing passes on the outside.

He graduated from HS with a 4.2 GPA & was the first student in 20 years to qualify for an academic & athletic scholarship at Stanford.

I'm not arguing with your central point, but fwiw there is no such thing as an academic scholarship to Stanford. That "first student in 20 years to..." story about Sherman has been repeated and garbled over the years like a game of telephone.

As best as I can sort it out, he was simply the first student in 20 years to be accepted to Stanford from his particular inner-city high school. He wasn't necessarily their best student in all that time (he ranked 2nd in his graduating class) or even their best athlete (the school has produced a bunch of pro athletes), but a strong combination of the two. And to his credit, that's a hard combination to achieve anywhere, let alone in Compton.

AJ Green- 10
Patrick Peterson- 9
Kelvin Benjamin- 7
Terrell Pryor- 7
Frank Gore- 6
Bobby Wagner- 8
Revis- 10
Torry Holt- 11
Keyshawn Johnson- 11
Randy Moss- 12
Simeon Rice- 13
Eddie George- 14
Julio Jones- 15
Terry Glenn- 15
Jim Kelly- 15

Vinny Testeverde- 17
Khalil Mack- 17
Matt Forte- 18
Derek Carr- 20

I think you get the point. "Book Smarts" don't mean a damn thing, except to give you merit into some dude's university/ academy/ institution. I know many individuals that have not finished high school, let alone attended a university & will RUN CIRCLES around so-called "geniuses." Also, listen to Sherman speak in regards to matters of substance (politics, racism, discrimination, delegation of power across the NFL, poverty, education etc). This is where you'll flashes of brilliance.
Too far the other way.

Can Sherman play bump and run man coverage? I never thought of him as a fit for the Patriots defense. He is the master of the zone...not a straight cover guy like Revis, Butler, or Gilmore.

AJ Green- 10
Patrick Peterson- 9
Kelvin Benjamin- 7
Terrell Pryor- 7
Frank Gore- 6
Bobby Wagner- 8
Revis- 10
Torry Holt- 11
Keyshawn Johnson- 11
Randy Moss- 12
Simeon Rice- 13
Eddie George- 14
Julio Jones- 15
Terry Glenn- 15
Jim Kelly- 15

Vinny Testeverde- 17
Khalil Mack- 17
Matt Forte- 18
Derek Carr- 20

Wonderlic does not tell the whole story. I took it twice and scored an average of 39.5, which is something like 99.7th percentile. I often find I am overly analytical and definitely not as street smart or necessarily as successful as others who probably score less than half of that. In addition, I can never solve those visual problems like how many squares, shape patterns, etc. In other words, I did really well on it because I happen to be a very linear thinker, I think more in 2-D and strict logic. I recall a lot of words, facts, and solve problems well on paper, but again, I think I am average at best at living a smart lifestyle/solving real life problems. If life gave us many choices where there is one correct answer and three incorrect answers, I would do very well. Unfortunately for me, that's not how the real world works, and analysis only gets you so far.

In fact, if you read the Wonderlic's actual literature, it is very clear that scores do not necessarily have a correlation to success...they just measure mental ability, which also has no notable correlation to success.

If you've read Moneyball and are familiar with Billy Beane's empirical approach to scouting, he thinks that baseball players suffer if they are too smart (like him). Often times people who think too much become overly self-critical and sensitive, and this can be a big problem in athletics, where much of your success relies on instincts.

I think he might be better in a pats uniform.. Seattle looks dumb

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey