PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Sherman Almost Donning the Flying Elvis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sherman is better than Gilmore, but he's not as good as he used to be... Further, Sherman would only be under team control for 2 years at around $12-ish million per year, plus would cost significant draft capital, versus $13 million a year for Gilmore for five years and no draft capital.

I think Sherman is better than Gilmore, but he's not as good as he used to be... Further, Sherman would only be under team control for 2 years at around $12-ish million per year, plus would cost significant draft capital, versus $13 million a year for Gilmore for five years and no draft capital.
At this point in his career, I don't think you'd want Sherman locked in for more than 2 years. In fact, a 2 year contract would be ideal in his case. But you're right about the draft capital. If somehow the seahawks would take a 4th or maybe a future 3rd, it could be worth it, but that ain't happening.

Having two pro bowl caliber cover corners at 6'1" and 6'3" would be unprecedented for this team.

I hope not. He's a jerk.
People in Tampa and Pittsburgh might feel the same way about Blount. People in Oakland might feel the same way about Moss. People in Cinci felt the same way about Dillon. Just wanted to point out that "jerks" have a tendency of working out here. :):p

At this point in his career, I don't think you'd want Sherman locked in for more than 2 years. In fact, a 2 year contract would be ideal in his case. But you're right about the draft capital. If somehow the seahawks would take a 4th or maybe a future 3rd, it could be worth it, but that ain't happening.

Having two pro bowl caliber cover corners at 6'1" and 6'3" would be unprecedented for this team.
Maybe unprecedented for any team in recent years...

People in Tampa and Pittsburgh might feel the same way about Blount. People in Oakland might feel the same way about Moss. People in Cinci felt the same way about Dillon. Just wanted to point out that "jerks" have a tendency of working out here. :):p

It's a good point. Maybe if he would agree to electroconvulsive therapy, something like that, I'd reconsider. I certainly want to be reasonable about this. Oh, and get a f----g haircut. And maybe stop threatening reporters with impoverishment. That oughta do it, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back