PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Landry??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown just landed 4/$68m so I highly doubt it'll be $100m

Good to know, I was basing it more on the Johnson contract from years ago, if they coukd get him for 15!a season I would do it but I doubt Belichick would go much higher than 12. We will see?

If Cooks is a top of the market WR in this O he will get paid due to his age, won't get a second top of the market deal however. BB pays for future performance.

Good to know, I was basing it more on the Johnson contract from years ago, if they coukd get him for 15!a season I would do it but I doubt Belichick would go much higher than 12. We will see?

I think there is a shot he stays but who knows. His agent is Sports & Entertainment Licensing and Consulting and one of the partners is a fmr front office exec with the Chargers. What that could mean I don't know. Could be good. Could be bad.

I'd be great if Cooks fired these guys and went with Rosenhaus who did the Brown deal, is Gronk's agent and has a good working relationship with BB.

Brown just landed 4/$68m so I highly doubt it'll be $100m

The difference is, Brown is already 29. Cooks will be 25 by the end of his contract.

I just don't think 2 years, $10 million is a rental, if the Patriots get another Super Bowl out of it.

Also, Randy Moss did get a market deal when he was here, even though it was only 3+ years. Produce like Moss, and perhaps a market deal is in the offing.

Cooks is a two-year rental.

And Landry just might want to stick around once he experiences life in the AFC East Penthouse, instead of the outhouse.

Thanks for the correction.

Maybe Landry wants to stick around, maybe he wants to max whatever contract he gets. You know how short NFL careers typically are.

Thanks for the correction.

Maybe Landry wants to stick around, maybe he wants to max whatever contract he gets. You know how short NFL careers typically are.
Yup, you never know until it comes time for them to actually decide.

I think there is a shot he stays but who knows. His agent is Sports & Entertainment Licensing and Consulting and one of the partners is a fmr front office exec with the Chargers. What that could mean I don't know. Could be good. Could be bad.

I'd be great if Cooks fired these guys and went with Rosenhaus who did the Brown deal, is Gronk's agent and has a good working relationship with BB.

Cooks has had a relationship with the Spanos family for years, if I remember correctly.

Cooks has had a relationship with the Spanos family for years, if I remember correctly.
I wonder how the relationship came to being?

He became friends with another football player in high school whose mother is the daughter of Alex Spanos.
That explains it!

Cooks is a two-year rental.

And Landry just might want to stick around once he experiences life in the AFC East Penthouse, instead of the outhouse.

It is more probably than not that Landry and Cooks will go whereever the money takes them. Just because we are the Patriots it doesn't mean that everyone is standing in queue to play here for a bargain.

J.........Josh.........Gordon...........would be much cheaper........... if re-instated first.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST