PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Landry: Dolphins will sweep the Patriots this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYPatsFan

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The Dolphins haven’t swept the Patriots since 2000. Miami receiver Jarvis Landry says this is the year that changes.

Landry told Peter King of TheMMQB.com that he expects to beat the Patriots twice in 2017.

“If you’re a competitor, that’s the way you should feel, and I don’t mind saying it,” Landry said. “It’s time for a change. I have all the respect in the world for the Patriots, and I respect Tom Brady tremendously. But they’re not our big brother anymore.”​

No, they are your daddy Jarvis. No way in hell the Lolphins sweep the Pats this year.

Jarvis Landry: Dolphins will sweep the Patriots this year

76577410.jpg

Kind of goes in hand with the urges of today's society to replace reality with comforting ******** that is completely divorced from reality.

Should he have said "yeah, they'll probably beat us twice this year"? Of course he shouldn't. You guys realize that this is a no-win situation for the players that get asked those kinds of questions by the press, right? They're the most competitive people in the world. Of course any competitive athlete is going to say they expect to win.

This is the way it is these days. If you talk crap about the Pats, you make front page news. The Pats are what's hot, hip and happening. Any other sports team pales in comparison to the attention they get. When opposing fans see the word "Patriot" it makes their blood boil. Like I said in another thread, embrace it.

But then again, does Landry know that THIS GUY is his QB?

FB_IMG_1492002135179.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Miami beats them once. Maybe at home. For some reason, seems like Miami & Denver have never been great venues for this team. Further, there have been very, very few instances NE has been 6-0 in the division. And I think Miami has a better shot than the NYJ or Buffalo.

Having said that : just stick to "we feel we're a team on the rise & we hope to make noise in the division this year". Shows confidence & lacks bravado.

Anyhoo - it's April. When the leaves turn & fall, NE clinches.

I don't see anything wrong with being confident about your team's chances. If you see a gorilla in the room, you walk right up to him and punch him in the mouth (jimmy johnson quote).

I don't see anything wrong with being confident about your team's chances. If you see a gorilla in the room, you walk right up to him and punch him in the mouth (jimmy johnson quote).

Gr8 plan, until a pissed off gorilla then proceeds to rip your arms from their sockets and beats you to death with them.

I mean, I understand that as a competitor, Landry has to be confident for himself and his team. But the right answer should be something along the lines of "they're a great team, they're defending champions and they're really gonna be one of the biggest challenges we face this year. I'm confident we have the ability to beat them, but we'll see how it goes on the field."

You never see BB or Brady going out saying "yeah, we're gonna sweep the Jets this year." Even though it's probably true.

Further, the "they're not our big brother anymore" comment is just stupid. They're not just YOUR big brother, they're THE ENTIRE LEAGUE'S big brother. They've won 2 SB's in the last 3 years, including the one 2 months ago. To try to say that things are somehow "different now" after they've JUST won a title (and dominated you at the end of the season in the process) is so disingenous and makes him look like a moron.

I mean, come on. The Pats swept YOU last year, including ending the regular season beating you in your house 35-14. You then went to the playoffs and lost to Pitt by 18 points in the first round, and the Pats then beat Pitt in the AFCCG by 19 points. Then they won the damn Super Bowl.

What part of that recent history makes Landry think that somehow "this year is different"?

Meh, they can concentrate on beating the Patriots.

The Patriots concentrate on beating each team, each week on the schedule, until all that's left is one opponent on the schedule. Then, they will concentrate for two weeks.

Its like there the pats little brother. Always wanting to be like and act like there big bro. So damn cute . But ya Miami usually does give us a hard time out of nowhere but I'm confident we will beat them

You never see BB or Brady going out saying "yeah, we're gonna sweep the Jets this year." Even though it's probably true.

I think that's one of the underappreciated things about the last 16 years. To be fair, though, there is a long list of accomplishments by the Patriots, so it's easy to get overlooked.

Forget about players and coaches, for more than a decade and a half, we fans haven't had to say "This is the year we take down the Jets/Dolphins/Bills."

Gr8 plan, until a pissed off gorilla then proceeds to rip your arms from their sockets and beats you to death with them.

You can't be afraid of anyone in this league. However, I do think the "big brother" comment was stupid. If the dolphins sweep us, fine, but they haven't done anything against us in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back