PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jarvis Landry: Dolphins will sweep the Patriots this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love his mindset. That's the mindset you gotta have if you wanna have a chance. If you think you are going to lose, you likely will.

That being said, thinking you will win is one thing, but thinking it will happen without putting the work in is another. It won't magically happen. Believing it can be done is the first step.

But, yeah, we will crush them again ;)

Anyone remember Tony Sparano in 2009? The AFC East still goes through Miami.

By the way, the 2016 Dolphins were outscored by their opponents and went 8-2 in one score games. That's always a recipe for regression.

They're preparing for brady but we'll just play Jimmy.

Anyone remember Tony Sparano in 2009? The AFC East still goes through Miami.

By the way, the 2016 Dolphins were outscored by their opponents and went 8-2 in one score games. That's always a recipe for regression.

And in one of the specials on NFLN BB is on video showing that clip of Sparano to his players.

Should he have said "yeah, they'll probably beat us twice this year"? Of course he shouldn't. You guys realize that this is a no-win situation for the players that get asked those kinds of questions by the press, right? They're the most competitive people in the world. Of course any competitive athlete is going to say they expect to win.

There is a smart way to answer these types of questions.

He didn't.

It's a bit early in the year for me to hear the sort of babble that convinces me the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl!

Should he have said "yeah, they'll probably beat us twice this year"? Of course he shouldn't. You guys realize that this is a no-win situation for the players that get asked those kinds of questions by the press, right? They're the most competitive people in the world. Of course any competitive athlete is going to say they expect to win.
That's not necessarily true, Kontra. You can answer the question in a way that says, "I'm confident but I respect my opponent." We watch the Pats players do it every week, even when they're playing an opponent they and everyone expects them to destroy.

Landry is just a loudmouth. He's like a Steve Smith Jr. in that regard. I'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with it, except when you're taking about a team that destroyed you twice last season. The Dolphins have not really been all that competitive in recent match-ups. The 2015 final meeting doesn't count because of what was happening with the Pats at that time.

I wonder what prompted Landry to talk about the Patriots.

If he was asked specifically to predict how the Dolphins would do in their games against the Patriots, then his quotes don't seem too egrarious (although you still wouldn't hear many Belichick- coached players say what he said)

But if he was asked about his thoughts in general for the 2017 Dolphins, and he launched right into his Patriots diatribe, then we can just mark him down as yet another person whose head has a permanent parking spot reserved for The Patriots

Ironically the quote is about focusing on your own goals and not obsessing over what the Patriots are doing. However, it's pretty difficult not to read what he said and believe the Patriots aren't in his head...and if the goal was to just go about your business and let things take care of yourself, putting a huge bulls eye on your back and creating additional pressure does not seem like a good path to take.

As a fan of sports, one thing that bothers me no matter who says it is a chest thumping guarantee about what is going to happen. Just let your play do the talking. Now if you win, you were ****y and I don't like you; if you lose, you are a fool. And he's guaranteeing that the team will do something that, since 2001, the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins have all failed in a combined 48 attempts, to sweep the Patriots. Just shut up.

I will bet Jarvis Landry any amount of money that they will not sweep the Patriots this year. I'll bet him one quadrillion dollars. Any number of dollars, really, doesn't even have to be real.

Psssh...easy and cheap statement to make.

He knows no one believes him, so if/when the Pats sweep the Lolphins, everyone will say the expectation was met; if the Lolphins somehow sweep the Pats, he looks like a Florida Joe Namath.

Offseason...meh...

giphy.gif

So much for an undefeated season. 17-2, here we come! Or is it 18-2 if Phins win the division :/

A thread mostly full of people who either didn't read the article or think something other than going into a fetal position when asked about the Patriots is the height of disrespect.

Psssh...easy and cheap statement to make.

He knows no one believes him, so if/when the Pats sweep the Lolphins, everyone will say the expectation was met; if the Lolphins somehow sweep the Pats, he looks like a Florida Joe Namath.

Offseason...meh...

You can be sure his response to his failed guarantee will include all of the following:

-I don't believe in or have any regrets...
-You all were the ones who made it into a big story...
-We've made a lot of improvements and feel like we're really close...
-You gotta believe in yourself...
-Our guys should be proud of their effort...
-No, I won't make another guarantee for next year, but I really like where we're at right now
-We're so close...
-We're improving every day...
-We're almost there...

A thread mostly full of people who either didn't read the article or think something other than going into a fetal position when asked about the Patriots is the height of disrespect.
His views are more unpatriotic than Brady's unknown politics.

Landry either needs to be drug tested or has had one too many concussions!

Thats funny, but seriously what else is he going to say? Its like when people point out how silly a guy is for saying that they like the QB they have, What else are they going to say? "Well Alex Smith is okay but we would really like a QB who is capable of winning games for us"

I don't like or hate this talk. It will not motivate the Pats to win more and will not stir up the dolphins cause even they know a split is their best case scenario.

No one cares cause everyone knows it won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents