PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Some Patriots Players Have Doubts About Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ability to be the dumbest person on patsfans is uncanny. It's a true gift.

After reading this, Kontradiction is sitting in a corner, drooling on himself and wondering how he could get to be this stupid.
I know I have hurt you in the past, my son. But you must move on. This kind of obsession is not healthy. Get an early night tonight. Wake up tomorrow and take a nice walk around Cleveland. Smell the cowshit. If that doesn’t clear your head, then we can safely conclude that you’re as useless in the real world as you are on here. Let me know and I’ll overnight a hose and some duct tape for you to attach to your exhaust pipe and feed through the window of your gold ‘91 Corolla. Since you won’t be alive to send the hose back, just have Carl’s Jr. make your final paycheck out to me and we will call it even on the hose.

No worries. Brady went to a supremely talented team and taught them how to win. That's not nothing - that's MVP leadership (and pretty great QB play, too, even in knowing how to set things pre-snap, with which he has no peer).

That's not exactly what happened, though, is it? I mean he went to the team before Gronk, Fournette, AB, and the rookie class got there. That was not a "supremely talented team" by any honest stretch of the imagination. It was a 7-9 team that might have been 9-7 or so with better QB play. And that's a big difference.

That's very different than taking a terrible team on your shoulders and carrying them to victory, which I really don't think Brady could have done with the Pats in 2020 - at all. Add to that, he was simply pissed off in 2019, and I can't say I disagreed with him leaving. I've made it clear, though, my preference would have been signing him in 2018 for as long as he wanted to play, even if that meant, as I'm pretty sure it would have meant, a crappy 2019, 20, 21 season with him, and at least one crappy season after he left.

Brady took the 2019 team to 12-4, despite his OL completely collapsing around him. Had that OL simply held up, that 2019 team would likely have been in the AFCCG, yet again. So the notion that he couldn't have done something similar with last year's team is just oddly hopeful projection used as a way to defend against criticism of the team having let him go.

I know I have hurt you in the past, my son. But you must move on. This kind of obsession is not healthy. Get an early night tonight. Wake up tomorrow and take a nice walk around Cleveland. Smell the cowshit. If that doesn’t clear your head, then we can safely conclude that you’re as useless in the real world as you are on here. Let me know and I’ll overnight a hose and some duct tape for you to attach to your exhaust pipe and feed through the window of your gold ‘91 Corolla. Since you won’t be alive to send the hose back, just have Carl’s Jr. make your final paycheck out to me and we will call it even on the hose.
shocked oh my GIF

I can't help but laugh hysterically about someone in Jacksonville ragging on someone from Cleveland about how crappy Cleveland is. Like one armpit telling the other that it stinks...

I can't help but laugh hysterically about someone in Jacksonville ragging on someone from Cleveland about how crappy Cleveland is. Like one armpit telling the other that it stinks...
Jax Beach, actually. Pipe down, Indiantown. We’re the 22nd ranked best place to live based on some list that US News just threw together.

RIP Desert Inn
patsfanincleveland smoked crystal meth and got a hand job from a tranny there back in December of ‘88.

Patience? LOL. You asked about this season. Do you believe we are a 10+ win team with Cam? I don't. Not in the least. I don't care who we picked up in FA. He flat out can't play the position anymore.
Look. We clearly disagree regarding the potential of this team. Moving on.
I should not have said elite, I should have said above average. We don't have anything close to that in Cam

I never mentioned Mariota.
2 questions.....

In 2018-2019, who should Bill have had as the successor to TB12? How was that player to have been acquired? Draft trade? FA? Who?

I bring up Mariota as I want to know your answer to who Bill should have had QB the team in 2020 when the conscience choice was to load up on cap space for 2021

I think we are actually on the same page. I do think both can be done. Most smart GMs ensure they have the QB of the future. It is not easy to find and I know Bill tried with Jimmy and Brady outlasted him. What is irksome to me and others is Bill had no plan at all. It would have seemed that Stidham might have been it but somewhere between Brady leaving and us signing Cam on June 28, Bill lost faith. Like I said, he is paid to make sure the most important position is secured and he did nothing at the position and did not extend Brady. In most people's minds he needed to do one or the other. I believe he really thought Brady was going to come back because of his close relationship with Kraft. There were reports that Bill was surprised when Brady told him and Kraft he was leaving for Tampa. But that is still on Bill for not making Brady a better offer to stay.

What is unacceptable is not our records or wins but how it all ended which has left us in a massive rebuild while Brady proved he can still win chips with a decent roster in year one literally.
It left us needing a successor and we drafted one.

It left us needing a successor and we drafted one.
Hopefully you’re right, but we should probably wait until he attempts his first pass at the pro level before concluding that he’s the successor. He could just as easily be a bust. I have high hopes, but we don’t know what the kid is yet (aside from probably better than Cam either way).

Hopefully you’re right, but we should probably wait until he attempts his first pass at the pro level before concluding that he’s the successor. He could just as easily be a bust. I have high hopes, but we don’t know what the kid is yet (aside from probably better than Cam either way).

i think he will be good……but first, we need the pink hats to lose their sh!t over Cam a few dozen times more

That's not exactly what happened, though, is it? I mean he went to the team before Gronk, Fournette, AB, and the rookie class got there. That was not a "supremely talented team" by any honest stretch of the imagination. It was a 7-9 team that might have been 9-7 or so with better QB play. And that's a big difference.

Brady took the 2019 team to 12-4, despite his OL completely collapsing around him. Had that OL simply held up, that 2019 team would likely have been in the AFCCG, yet again. So the notion that he couldn't have done something similar with last year's team is just oddly hopeful projection used as a way to defend against criticism of the team having let him go.
The 2019 team would have won 11 of those 12 with average qb play.
The defense was that good 11 times.
It wasn’t in 2020
In the last 8 games of 2019 Brady completed something like 55% of his passes for 216 ypg 10 td 4 int and a sub 80 QBs ratting.
The 2020 team resembled the second half of 2019 not the first.
That’s how successors go. You draft them and coach em up.

This thread is a cesspool and it reveals a lot that the mods let this trainwreck rumor thread continue whole closing any other Cam thread.

Jax Beach, actually. Pipe down, Indiantown. We’re the 22nd ranked best place to live based on some list that US News just threw together.
OK

There always seems to be a strong smell when I pass JAX on I95, and my trip to the Pats-Jags game a couple of years back was not so pleasant with all the drunk and obnoxious DUUUUUUUUUU-Vaaaaallllll idiots ragging on the 40% of the crowd that was Pats fans, including me. Plus I thought I could find somewhere to eat before the game and no luck, without fearing for my life anyway.

What shade? Remind me.
“One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end,” Brady explained in the clip. “I was thinking, ‘You’re sticking with that motherf—–.'”

I'm pretty sure that was about Jimmy G, given the list of potential teams involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes