PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Some Patriots Players Have Doubts About Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK

There always seems to be a strong smell when I pass JAX on I95, and my trip to the Pats-Jags game a couple of years back was not so pleasant with all the drunk and obnoxious DUUUUUUUUUU-Vaaaaallllll idiots ragging on the 40% of the crowd that was Pats fans, including me. Plus I thought I could find somewhere to eat before the game and no luck, without fearing for my life anyway.
Meh, those lists take into account the cost of housing there. And guess what? The higher-priced housing is in places that are more appealing.

OK

There always seems to be a strong smell when I pass JAX on I95, and my trip to the Pats-Jags game a couple of years back was not so pleasant with all the drunk and obnoxious DUUUUUUUUUU-Vaaaaallllll idiots ragging on the 40% of the crowd that was Pats fans, including me. Plus I thought I could find somewhere to eat before the game and no luck, without fearing for my life anyway.
I didn’t have that problem. You probably need to start lifting weights and fans from opposing teams will leave you alone. They clearly thought that you were a weakling. FYI, I grew up down there. Unless you’re living where Epstein and Trump lived, which I highly doubt, Palm Beach is nothing to write home about. Clematis getting cleaned up helped for a little while, but it went right back to being a dump shortly after. Either way, our downtown is garbage. A wasted opportunity even though they’re building it up (with a Four Seasons… lmao). Want to know how bad the city planning was in downtown Jax? Our jail has waterfront property.

EDIT: By the way, if you ever go again, the Cowford Chophouse is right down the road. Best steaks and wine selection in the area.

Last edited:
In Florida maybe?
Not just in the 4th largest economy in the US. In the entire US, apparently. It beat Boston. Palm Beach was *checks list* nowhere to be found.

Unless you’re living where Epstein and Trump lived, which I highly doubt, Palm Beach is nothing to write home about.
Jupiter area is pretty amazing. Just ask Bill and Robert Kraft, when they drop in on Parcells. Except for Bob, since Orchids of Asia is now not a thing.

Not another ****ing Jacksonville vs West Palm Beach debate. Both are all-time greats, but I’ll take Jacksonville’s rings over West Palm Beach’s stats.

Jupiter area is pretty amazing. Just ask Bill and Robert Kraft, when they drop in on Parcells. Except for Bob, since Orchids of Asia is now not a thing.
LOVE me some Jupiter. My mom just retired from Scripps down in Abacoa. My wife and I eventually want to buy a condo down there and either rent it or Air BnB it until we retire.

“One of the teams, they weren’t interested at the very end,” Brady explained in the clip. “I was thinking, ‘You’re sticking with that motherf—–.'”

I'm pretty sure that was about Jimmy G, given the list of potential teams involved.
Ah ya. Jimmy popped in my mind too.

Not another ****ing Jacksonville vs West Palm Beach debate. Both are all-time greats, but I’ll take Jacksonville’s rings over West Palm Beach’s stats.
Nah I took an L in this pissing contest. Jax, Neptune, and Atlantic Beach don’t touch Jupiter. I can’t even hate on him anymore.

Look. We clearly disagree regarding the potential of this team. Moving on.

2 questions.....

In 2018-2019, who should Bill have had as the successor to TB12? How was that player to have been acquired? Draft trade? FA? Who?

I bring up Mariota as I want to know your answer to who Bill should have had QB the team in 2020 when the conscience choice was to load up on cap space for 2021
You are talking 3 years of drafts, FA periods and myriads of QBs. I am not a scout nor have time to pour over 100s of names. That's Bill's primary job as GM. I can assure you though there were numerous QBs that would have been better than broken Cam.

You are talking 3 years of drafts, FA periods and myriads of QBs. I am not a scout nor have time to pour over 100s of names. That's Bill's primary job as GM. I can assure you though there were numerous QBs that would have been better than broken Cam.
1. You are ignoring the context and the circumstances from 2017-2020.

2. If Mac Jones starts and becomes a top 10 Qb then every gripe you have is unfounded.

1. You are ignoring the context and the circumstances from 2017-2020.

2. If Mac Jones starts and becomes a top 10 Qb then every gripe you have is unfounded.
1) No I am not.

2) Nope. Not in the least.

So he should have made some mysterious move to get some unnamed QB and refuse to say which one?
It’s pretty simple. Look at the QBs who were drafted after our picks and argue they would have been a better pick and are better than Jones or find a qb that was traded or signed as a free agent that would be the solution.
I think if you actually try to back up your complaint you will be surprised.

So he should have made some mysterious move to get some unnamed QB and refuse to say which one?
It’s pretty simple. Look at the QBs who were drafted after our picks and argue they would have been a better pick and are better than Jones or find a qb that was traded or signed as a free agent that would be the solution.
I think if you actually try to back up your complaint you will be surprised.
Better than Jones? Jones has not played a down yet.

Are you seriously arguing that 3 years worth of QBs would have have yielded a Qb better than broken Cam?

Meh, those lists take into account the cost of housing there. And guess what? The higher-priced housing is in places that are more appealing.
you get what you pay for........there's a reason some locations and some regions cost more than others

Actually I will help you.
2017 we didn’t pick until round 3.
Here are the QBs drafted round 3 or later

5​
3​
23​
87​
Davis Webb​
Giants​
California​
6​
3​
40​
104​
C.J. Beathard​
49ers​
Iowa​
7​
4​
29​
135​
Joshua Dobbs​
Steelers​
Tennessee​
8​
5​
28​
171​
Nathan Peterman​
Bills​
Pittsburgh​
9​
6​
32​
215​
Brad Kaaya​
Lions​
Miami (FL)​
10​
7​
35​
253​
Chad Kelly​
Broncos​
Mississippi​
Nothing to discuss.

2018 we drafted 23 here are the QBs drafted after
Jackson could be a discussion. We instead chose a LT and RB in round 1 to support Brady

5​
1​
32​
32​
Lamar Jackson​
Ravens​
Louisville​
6​
3​
12​
76​
Mason Rudolph​
Steelers​
Oklahoma State​
7​
4​
8​
108​
Kyle Lauletta​
Giants​
Richmond​
8​
5​
34​
171​
Mike White​
Cowboys​
Western Kentucky​
9​
6​
25​
199​
Luke Falk​
Titans​
Washington State​
10​
6​
29​
203​
Tanner Lee​
Jaguars​
Nebraska​
11​
7​
1​
219​
Danny Etling​
Patriots​
Louisiana State​
12​
7​
2​
220​
Alex McGough​
Seahawks​
Florida International​
13​
7​
31​
249​
Logan Woodside​
Bengals​
Toled

2019 we drafted 32
Here are the QBs drafted after that.

4​
2​
10​
42​
Drew Lock​
Broncos​
Missouri​
5​
3​
36​
100​
Will Grier​
Panthers​
West Virginia​
6​
4​
2​
104​
Ryan Finley​
Bengals​
North Carolina State​
7​
4​
31​
133​
Jarrett Stidham​
Patriots​
Auburn​
8​
5​
28​
166​
Easton Stick​
Chargers​
North Dakota State​
9​
5​
29​
167​
Clayton Thorson​
Eagles​
Northwestern​
10​
6​
5​
178​
Gardner Minshew​
Jaguars​
Washington State​
11​
6​
24​
197​
Trace McSorley​
Ravens​
Penn State​

Nothing to discuss

2020 we traded out of 20-something and these are the QBs that came after.

no reason to think any of these are better than Jones

4​
1​
26​
26​
Jordan Love​
Packers​
Utah State​
5​
2​
21​
53​
Jalen Hurts​
Eagles​
Oklahoma​
6​
4​
16​
122​
Jacob Eason​
Colts​
Washington​
7​
4​
19​
125​
James Morgan​
Jets​
Florida International​
8​
5​
21​
167​
Jake Fromm​
Bills​
Georgia​
9​
6​
10​
189​
Jake Luton​
Jaguars​
Oregon State​
10​
7​
10​
224​
Cole McDonald​
Titans​
Hawaii​
11​
7​
17​
231​
Ben DiNucci​
Cowboys​
James Madison​
12​
7​
26​
240​
Tommy Stevens​
Saints​
Mississippi State​
13​
7​
30​
244​
Nate Stanley​
Vikings​
Iowa​

So unless you are saying we should have used a first round pick on Lamar Jackson, that you actually believe he will have long time success and that the best thing to do with a Sb contender is to draft a qb to play no sooner than 3 years from now instead of trying to improve your team that is coming off a Sb loss, their 3rd SB in 4 years (and 8th straight at least afccg season) the draft wasn’t getting it done.

Better than Jones? Jones has not played a down yet.

Are you seriously arguing that 3 years worth of QBs would have have yielded a Qb better than broken Cam?
Newton is a placeholder.
But yes I just posted all the QBs we could have drafted. Show me the ones better than Jones. Because aside from one they haven’t shown anything at all either.

Feel free to list the Free Agents or traded QBs that would have been the answer.

FYI I am not “arguing” anything. I am saying that I believe your premise is wrong and I am asking you to support it.

1) No I am not.

2) Nope. Not in the least.
Gotcha.

Your position is, "BB, do something and if you don't do something even though I don't know what you CAN do, you suck". Absurd.

BB lands a top 10 QB and you still say he sucks.

Of course you still have a gripe. Jesus.

Entitled much?

Gotcha.

Your position is, "BB, do something and if you don't do something even though I don't know what you CAN do, you suck". Absurd.

BB lands a top 10 QB and you still say he sucks.

Of course you still have a gripe. Jesus.

Entitled much?
Way to completely misrepresent my position.

Fyi - Mac was not picked in the top 10.

Newton is a placeholder.
But yes I just posted all the QBs we could have drafted. Show me the ones better than Jones. Because aside from one they haven’t shown anything at all either.

Feel free to list the Free Agents or traded QBs that would have been the answer.

FYI I am not “arguing” anything. I am saying that I believe your premise is wrong and I am asking you to support it.
A 2 year placeholder who can't play the position.

Again, Jones has not played a snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore