PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roger Goodell writes letter in support of criminal justice reform

"I wholeheartedly support the right of every person in America, of every race and ethnicity, to be tried, judged, and have his appeals heard by the same man who is accusing them."

"If Texas/North Carolina/Xstate passes that law, we'll stop holding Super Bowls in that state"

"How dare the politicians interfere with our football games!"

"We're going to be interfering in politics even more!"

- Logic, NFL style

a truly magnificent example of the Peter Principle gone intergalactically wrong...

tenor.gif

What a useless letter. It's full of slogans & banal platitudes.

c6813b295118df2356a1404fd7c45f53--funny-sports-pictures-sports-photos.jpg

>>
When the hometowns of our players or the 32 communities<<

So the Jets and Giants play in the same stadium but different communities???

well done by the commish.....awesome of him to advocate on such an important issue

a true statesman

he could make a great senator or governor when he is done with football

Is this going to be a weekly thing now or at some point will we go back to keeping politics off the main forum?

Because aside from confirming my suspicion that all my least favorite posters here--for totally unrelated reasons--align very closely with each other one the political spectrum, I'm not sure what any of this is accomplishing anymore.

Yes, Goodell sucks, and I think anyone could've easily guessed who here is for and against criminal justice reform, and actually having that debate here is a Pandora's Box that I can't imagine many of us have any interest in opening.

Is this going to be a weekly thing now or at some point will we go back to keeping politics off the main forum?

Because aside from confirming my suspicion that all my least favorite posters here--for totally unrelated reasons--align very closely with each other one the political spectrum, I'm not sure what any of this is accomplishing anymore.

Yes, Goodell sucks, and I think anyone could've easily guessed who here is for and against criminal justice reform, and actually having that debate here is a Pandora's Box that I can't imagine many of us have any interest in opening.

I see this more as a "hypocrisy of Goodell" post than a political one. Lighten up!

Will he please just go away and go to Maine and never be seen again.

So a guy who was the judge, jury, executioner, and appealant for a draconian punishment for a crime that science says didn't happen, against a completely innocent man, penned a letter in support of criminal justice reform?

What's next? Are Woody Allen and Roman Polanski going to criticize Harvey Wienstien's actions? Opps, my bad (cue the Al Michael's apology)

Will he please just go away and go to Maine and never be seen again.
Not to Maine! Keep him in Jersey where he belongs!

Smart move by the owners. They must really want this kneeling thing to go away.

From that letter, there is nothing honorable about the sender and it's receipients.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back