PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ras-I Dowling placed on Injured Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who are convinced they can judge talent better than BB et al get really tiresome.

LOLpalooza. No one here actually believes that so don't kill the messenger(s) when they point out the injured elephant in the living room. BB is 100x smarter than all of us but by NFL standards his secondary personnel selections have proven far below average.

Last edited:
Re: Ras-IR-Dowling officially on IR

They should just cut this waste of space.....another blown BB secondary pick is right!!! This guy is the most injury prone pats player that we have ever had isn't he? I am sure they will just dump him at this stage...

BB should be fired right now!!!!!

(This site needs a really good "shakes head" smilie)

LOLpalooza. No one here actually believes that so don't kill the messenger(s) when they point out the injured elephant in the living room. BB is 100x smarter than all of us but by NFL standards his secondary personnel selections have proven far below average.

Then maybe the messengers should show a little humility ( it doesn't matter what round they think a player should have been drafted in), a little reality ( the draft is an inexact science, and ALL teams miss on picks), and a little perspective ( who knows what trade options were available to the Pats after a night of discussions?)

No Pats fan can be happy about this development, or ANY negative personnel development, but too many fans seem to just be waiting for their opportunity to have their opinion of a pick validated by his failure.

I wasn't thrilled about the Ron Brace pick, and history is looking likely to prove me right at this point, but I won't be posting in glee or thumping my chest when he gets cut.

It would be a bad development for the team, and I take no pleasure in having my opinion validated. This team is far too successful, and given me too much pleasure, for me to look to have my ego gratified at their failures.

At this point as crazy as it sounds I would give old timers a chance to see if they have anything left in the tank. Ty Law could be no worse at this point than any practice squad player or jag off the street. What he has lost in age would be gained by experience. Just having him on the sideline as an extra coach wouldn't hurt and maybe he could teach guys to turn their heads once in awhile.

I must be going insane to even to be thinking these thoughts. either that or our secondary reeks that bad that I'm that desperate.

Then maybe the messengers should show a little humility ( it doesn't matter what round they think a player should have been drafted in), a little reality ( the draft is an inexact science, and ALL teams miss on picks), and a little perspective ( who knows what trade options were available to the Pats after a night of discussions?)

No Pats fan can be happy about this development, or ANY negative personnel development, but too many fans seem to just be waiting for their opportunity to have their opinion of a pick validated by his failure.

I wasn't thrilled about the Ron Brace pick, and history is looking likely to prove me right at this point, but I won't be posting in glee or thumping my chest when he gets cut.

It would be a bad development for the team, and I take no pleasure in having my opinion validated. This team is far too successful, and given me too much pleasure, for me to look to have my ego gratified at their failures.

When people question the moves of the team, they get hammered by the homers. When the homers are right, they make posts and threads gloating about it. How's that any different?

At this point as crazy as it sounds I would give old timers a chance to see if they have anything left in the tank. Ty Law could be no worse at this point than any practice squad player or jag off the street. What he has lost in age would be gained by experience. Just having him on the sideline as an extra coach wouldn't hurt and maybe he could teach guys to turn their heads once in awhile.

I must be going insane to even to be thinking these thoughts. either that or our secondary reeks that bad that I'm that desperate.

Yes, you are.

He's just a frustrating player at this point.

When people question the moves of the team, they get hammered by the homers. When the homers are right, they make posts and threads gloating about it. How's that any different?

For example:

Where are all the threads with people whining and complaining? Oh wait, the Pats won...:rocker:

I like it when the forums are quiet, it's usually a great sign...:D

Last edited:
For the Record i hope we never see another Post on IR-Dowling ever again. He will be known as the guy that never lived up to his Draft position. IR-Dowling we never knew you.:mad:

He was considered possibly a top 10 pick after his junior year at Virginia but injuries have gotten in the way. He has the talent but like Ron Brace you can't be of any value if you don't play. Can't see Dowling as a legitimate starter and at best a reserve which may be the only way to keep him healthy.....Suggestion to Pats for future "project" picks like Dowlling. Pick STARTERS in the 2nd round and go after "projects" (hint dbs: Tryrann Mathieu- LSU, Bacarri Rambo - Georgia) in the 4th, 5th or 6th.

Dont suppose anyone has the numbers to back up my theory that Ras-ir on Ir = a better defensive performance?

Dont suppose anyone has the numbers to back up my theory that Ras-ir on Ir = a better defensive performance?

He didn't even see the field enough to make an assumption like that.

Belichick took a flyer on an injured player with tremendous upside. It didn't work out. Case closed. Yes, Dowling might come back next year and be an adequate dime back; we always need inexpensive bottom of the roster defensive backs, certainly for camp. I don't think that we should expect him to be a starter or even our nickel )almost as many reps as many defensive starters).

He was considered possibly a top 10 pick after his junior year at Virginia but injuries have gotten in the way. He has the talent but like Ron Brace you can't be of any value if you don't play. Can't see Dowling as a legitimate starter and at best a reserve which may be the only way to keep him healthy.....Suggestion to Pats for future "project" picks like Dowlling. Pick STARTERS in the 2nd round and go after "projects" (hint dbs: Tryrann Mathieu- LSU, Bacarri Rambo - Georgia) in the 4th, 5th or 6th.

Belichick took a flyer on an injured player with tremendous upside. It didn't work out. Case closed. Yes, Dowling might come back next year and be an adequate dime back; we always need inexpensive bottom of the roster defensive backs, certainly for camp. I don't think that we should expect him to be a starter or even our nickel )almost as many reps as many defensive starters).

I doubt that and think they will part ways after the season...i think BB like us have seen enough. Just think who they could have had instead of him *really stomach* churning.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
For example:

I think the funniest one was "LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE HOMERS" a week before the 2010 AFC Divisional game happened and all of the issues that had been noted throughout the year combined in one, big embarrassment.

I doubt that and think they will part ways after the season...i think BB like us have seen enough. Just think who they could have had instead of him *really stomach* churning.:rolleyes:

Meh. The kids been hurt. They've kept no-so-good DBs around longer (see Jonathan Willhite.).

On a side note it just shows you just how injured or a malcontent that Leigh Bodden was that they cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down