PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Hightower expected to sign deal with NE, NYJ, or PITT TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing HT should be deciding today. That way if he leaves we should be able to contact Zach Brown soon enough, unless he just flat out falls in love with Oakland.

Isn't causing friction a pretty big exaggeration?

Well, reports are he was expressing dissatisfaction about the number of touches he was getting, particularly after a blowout Saints win.

Why do you think the Saints were looking to trade him?

Right? Money doesn't buy happiness...MY ASS. It'll buy the **** out of happiness for me. @Fixit do you know how many more crunchwrap supremes and cheesy gordita crunches you can get with that extra $3 million a year?

Who gives a ****, Taco bell got rid of the only thing worth buying, the naked chicken chalupa.

Why are people so sure the jests have the best deal on the table? Because they told their media mouthpieces like Cimini and La Confora that they offered the best deal?

Ya jests would never lie and spin something to the media.

Why are people so sure the jests have the best deal on the table? Because they told their media mouthpieces like Cimini and La Confora that they offered the best deal?

Ya jests would never lie and spin something to the media.
I mean they'd kind of have to have the best deal on the table. Anything "close" to what NE is offering puts them out of the running

I'm obviously hoping he comes back here but at this point in your career you're a two time Super Bowl champion LB. Do you want to retire in 6-8 years wishing you had just taken more money? If it's my greedy ass I take the money and sign with NY.

If the difference was only 2-3 million more to go into the abyss equivalent of a football team who also happens to be the most hated rival of the Pats.....

I'd take the Pats deal in a second and I articulated the why in another thread, but to summarize.. 2-3 mill won't change your life in the slightest when you're talking in the scale of 40+ million and it could be argued that he would make at least 2-3 million with local endorsement deals, public appearances and autograph signings after his football career is over

Unless someone is from New York, to me it would say that a person has a pretty short sighted mind and is unable to see big picture stuff if they chose a $42 million dollar contract over a $40 million dollar one based solely on the black and white dollar amounts in the contract

Going to the Jets is also literally the only place he could go out of 30 other spots where he would immediately be hated by a lot of our fanbase, myself included

Zach Brown just got his first visit confirmed to Oakland, could be good news as told to move on possibly.

No one really should be talking about whether or not they would reject or take the Jets offer or even postulating whether or not money is worth it to change companies so to speak. Not a single person discussing this has ever been in a situation where they had a $13 million dollar job offer staring them in the face. Stop pretending like you know what his or anyone else's (whose faced with that much money) motivations are.

Who gives a ****, Taco bell got rid of the only thing worth buying, the naked chicken chalupa.

Ya bunch of assholes, they always get rid of the good new stuff. My once a week fast food splurge had become that.

There's a lot of assumptions there. I've never gotten the impression that High "loves" it here, nor would I say that living as a pro athlete in NYC is something universally seen as bad. We may hate and mock the Rats, but that's just us being fans.

And I presume you're aware that a large percentage of pro athletes are broke or worse about 10 years or so after they've retired, right? I'm not even mentioning the enormous risks and health issues that practically all of them suffer. Doesn't that factor in?
Yes, but as I've said, if he goes broke with $40M, he'll go broke with $50M.

More money is a big consideration, but it's not the only one for a lot of people.

If the difference was only 2-3 million more to go into the abyss equivalent of a football team who also happens to be the most hated rival of the Pats.....

I'd take the Pats deal in a second and I articulated the why in another thread, but to summarize.. 2-3 mill won't change your life in the slightest when you're talking in the scale of 40+ million and it could be argued that he would make at least 2-3 million with local endorsement deals, public appearances and autograph signings after his football career is over

Unless someone is from New York, to me it would say that a person has a pretty short sighted mind and is unable to see big picture stuff if they chose a $42 million dollar contract over a $40 million dollar one based solely on the black and white dollar amounts in the contract

Going to the Jets is also literally the only place he could go out of 30 other spots where he would immediately be hated by a lot of our fanbase, myself included

Its not 2-3 million over the life of the contract but 2-3 million more per year. Over a contact that could be an extra 10-12 million. Yes I'd say an extra 10 million makes a difference.

Eh I'll agree to disagree cause I don't want to derail the thread with "What would A Defiant Goose (the person not an actual defiant goose) do" and how much $12 million - $15million means to me. I just hope he is an honorable man and does the honorable thing: take the Pats offer and make funny commercials about the Jets offering him cupcakes

Its not 2-3 million over the life of the contract but 2-3 million more per year. Over a contact that could be an extra 10-12 million. Yes I'd say an extra 10 million makes a difference.

This is speculation though. We have no idea what the Jets offered, outside of $10m+cupcakes.

Well, reports are he was expressing dissatisfaction about the number of touches he was getting, particularly after a blowout Saints win.

Why do you think the Saints were looking to trade him?
There was a report after one game, not "many and particularly that one."
They were looking to trade him because he had value and they need defensive help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ahh.. that certainly changes things lol

I can't stand the Jets and I would take 12-15 million more to go there over the Pats if that was the dollar difference.. I thought it was a pretty small overall difference, similar to what happened with Branch... but that is not the case here

Since we are making up the numbers it could be 12 million more a year.

This is speculation though. We have no idea what the Jets offered, outside of $10m+cupcakes.

Obviously. All if it is speculation. No one knows what anyone has offered him. We can only go by what has been reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back