PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Hightower expected to sign deal with NE, NYJ, or PITT TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK now this is just getting stupid. Why would a guy consider leaving a place he's won 2 SBs with and has been with his whole career? Especially if their offer is the best.

People don't generally enjoy moving their family and leaving friends/teammates just for the hell of it.

Does he not like Belichick or Boston?

Both Hightower and BB have handled this the best way possible. I know fans are anxious because of course we want our best defensive player, who's also a class act, back.

But he's been the perfect Patriot all these years- busted his tail- and his big career payday comes along- which he earned the HARD way- and some of you want him to rush through the process?

That's not what BB told him- by not tagging him, BB basically told him-" High, you earned this- we want you back-and we want you to be happy with what you get paid- so YOU go through the process-see what other teams offer,take your time-just give us the last chance after everyone else has put their offers on the table".

So High is basically doing what his coach told him to - just like he always has. So what's anyone's beef? Calm down, get a life and let it play out.

Both Hightower and BB have handled this the best way possible. I know fans are anxious because of course we want our best defensive player, who's also a class act, back.

But he's been the perfect Patriot all these years- busted his tail- and his big career payday comes along- which he earned the HARD way- and some of you want him to rush through the process?

That's not what BB told him- by not tagging him, BB basically told him-" High, you earned this- we want you back-and we want you to be happy with what you get paid- so YOU go through the process-see what other teams offer,take your time-just give us the last chance after everyone else has put their offers on the table".

So High is basically doing what his coach told him to - just like he always has. So what's anyone's beef? Calm down, get a life and let it play out.

Not annoyed with Hightower. Hell, being a star player coming off your rookie deal is a unique situation that anyone should take advantage of.

Get to be wine-and-dined (cupcakes) and see the inside of other organizations. Probably make some connections that'll come in handy down the road... all good things.

It's more the reporting that was annoying.

"Pats have lowest offer."
"Jets offer 13mil and making strong push."
"Pitt gives ultimatum: take it now or gtfo."
"Jets dropped out immediately after Hightower left Jersey."
"Pats had highest offer all along."
"Jets messed up by having angel food cupcakes, because Hightower is more of a devil's cake kinda dude."

It was all made up hype for clicks. Dude was just enjoying an opportunity that probably won't come along again. He may be a free agent again, but not in his prime.

Looks like a done deal now. HT back to NE!!! Sweet

:D
Not annoyed with Hightower. Hell, being a star player coming off your rookie deal is a unique situation that anyone should take advantage of.

Get to be wine-and-dined (cupcakes) and see the inside of other organizations. Probably make some connections that'll come in handy down the road... all good things.

It's more the reporting that was annoying.

"Pats have lowest offer."
"Jets offer 13mil and making strong push."
"Pitt gives ultimatum: take it now or gtfo."
"Jets dropped out immediately after Hightower left Jersey."
"Pats had highest offer all along."
"Jets messed up by having angel food cupcakes, because Hightower is more of a devil's cake kinda dude."

It was all made up hype for clicks. Dude was just enjoying an opportunity that probably won't come along again. He may be a free agent again, but not in his prime.

I agree. I stopped paying close attention a couple days ago. Wasn't gonna let media clowns get under my skin. If I were a Jets fan(perish the thought), I'd take some consolation in the fact they at least made an effort-for the right kind of player who would improve their team.
Hey,it's something. I think.:D

But.... But..... How will they justify the cost of that cupcake birthday cake tower they gave Hightower?!?

They are saving the leftovers for use with other FA courtings, like Jay Cutler.

Hope they use High to Rush the Passer more from now on.

He needs to hurry up. I have to work out whether I will say he is great, or say he was average and always injured!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad High is back. a real patriot, and always plays through the pain battier...we salue you!

He DOES play hurt but missing time IS a black mark, since you can't help the team from the tub, and especially if you have a large salary.

We are watching the career of the most physically dominant TE of all time in Gronk, but what is the biggest criticism of him?

TEs are very different than ILBs. I can think of one ILB, Ray Lewis, that wasn't hurt much (though even he missed large parts of 2 seasons). Who are the others? Not Lee, Willis, Bowman, Kuechly, Wagner.

Excellentisimo.

When Mayo, Wilfork and Revis departed after the 2014 SB season I was concerned about veteran leadership and how Matt Patricia might do with a transitioning defense. The 2016 defense was imposing from the outset and got shaky (or so I thought) with Chandler Jones and Jamie Collins sent packing. They got better.

All three levels now have their veteran leadership in place - Mitchell up front, Hightower at LB, and McCourty in the secondary. The Patriots are just amazing at keeping things rolling along.

I sure hope Butler takes a hard look at what he's leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back