PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Hightower expected to sign deal with NE, NYJ, or PITT TODAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
12M$ yearly is some serious cash. I can't imagine being able to work for that amount.

I'd love for HT to return & I think we'd miss his play next season. But, one can understand 12M$ per being very enticing.

Getting close to decision time, I'd say.

This is pure misery. I hope bb matches the offer. Ive hit refresh so many times im getting stupid about it.

I have to think that we're offering at least 10.5 million, maybe even 11 mill.

So the question becomes- will HT really leave New England for a weak team like the Jets for that difference?

Well losing Long, HT, Butler hurts. Other than Gilmore at CB, who is our playmaker? D will be in trouble next year.

Really hope we get him back.

That being said, if I had to choose (not that it's a choice nor does one impact the other) I'd rather have Butler.

the cash is there. Just need to see if they have the love. that's a big outlay for the jets.

Better hope the muffins are deductible.

I have to think that we're offering at least 10.5 million, maybe even 11 mill.

So the question becomes- will HT really leave New England for a weak team like the Jets for that difference?

If he's looking at an 8 million difference who could blame him?

I really hope the Pats up their offer to be competitive with the Jets. They have plenty of cap space left and it would be tough to lose this guy.

Well losing Long, HT, Butler hurts. Other than Gilmore at CB, who is our playmaker? D will be in trouble next year.
Easy, friend. This is the same refrain used by some on here during 2014-15-16 seasons. Two championships & one near miss in 2015 later........

If the Jets truly offered more than 12M, they deserve to be stuck with that contract. Go ahead, spend like crazy and then misuse the player (you know they will).

If the Jets are really at 12.5 and the Pats at 10...I wonder if anyone has a sense what the GUARANTEED money amounts are?

Maybe the Pats could beat the guarantee money part and then have a lower back end, so his ego feels better

Cannot blame the man at all if he takes an extra 8 MILLION as someone above said, the Jets suck, but it is NY, which the wifes like, for shopping and all that * ducks*

Doesnt help fill our hole though other then Zack Brown what quality potential trade or otherwise is out there?

People need to stop being such ****ies.

This exactly. The continued worrying from the same batch of posters is pathetic. Like BB is not going to field the best team he can regardless of what a bunch of morons on a website think is best.

How would losing HT & Butler affect our chances at the east?

We will have quite a few contract year guys with Burkhead, Kony 2017, and if we bring Butler back. Those contract year guys are usually monsters (unless your Jamie Collins...). Team will be loaded with Hightower back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft