PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders ready to give Mcdaniels full power? Reputable source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no choice worse than BOB to replace MacDaniels. He’s a piece of sh.t who destroyed the Texans. The one sure way to destroy Jones career is to hire that sack of sh.t to coach him.
Did BOB have sex with your wife? Those two tight end O's were stellar

Just an FYI - without getting into specifics, I've removed DKF from this thread to help it stay a little more on topic given that this story regarding McDaniels will likely evolve. So please continue the thread with that in mind and refrain from any mentions/quotes of past posts since he's not able to reply.
Kinda feels like a missed opportunity not to at mention him meow

I hope not. I would like Josh to stay with the Pats
I do slightly agree with @DropKickFlutie on one thing, not using enough two tight end sets. They had two playmaker there. But I don't know if it was because JMD didn't know how to use them or because Smith just wasn't getting the offense that quickly. He never seems to be in the right position down the field and only really made plays when he got the ball behind the LOS

I do slightly agree with @DropKickFlutie on one thing, not using enough two tight end sets. They had two playmaker there. But I don't know if it was because JMD didn't know how to use them or because Smith just wasn't getting the offense that quickly. He never seems to be in the right position down the field and only really made plays when he got the ball behind the LOS

Personally I put it on Smith not McDaniels

The Raiders are a solid team. They will have the money to spend and they have a solid team that is young all around.

I am just not sure if Josh would be a good fit for them.

Personally I put it on Smith not McDaniels
On Jonnu Smith...
They may have gone to the well just one time too many during their spending spree. That extra12.5 mil/year would look good right about now.

@BaconGrundleCandy gave a good assessment of player personnel issues but the Patriots have fielded competent defenses in prior years with less talent. Greg Bedard speculated that BB took over running the defense after the Dallas debacle then turned control back to Mayo/Stevie after the bye. The problem could've been a combination of missing that strong coaching voice, mounting injuries and older players wearing down with the longer regular season. The defensive backfield was severely undermanned for the playoff game but that doesn't completely explain seven-straight scoring drives.
Either BB needs to be HC and DC or they need a new DC. He can’t hand it off to his son and Mayo. Too many cooks spoil the broth. That’s aside from the personnel issues, which have been catalogued here, but generally begin and end with insufficient talent.

The NFL has collectively grown reckless in its approach to prove it is evolving. Into what, isn't looking good. That said, I'm dubious about any team handing JM full control.

I don't mind him leaving, its not like he is the only coach in the league that can bring Mac/offense along or has any kind of smarts on offense, if he leaves, he leaves...

I don't mind him leaving, its not like he is the only coach in the league that can bring Mac/offense along or has any kind of smarts on offense, if he leaves, he leaves...
Yup. I'd miss Ivan Fears more.

Did BOB have sex with your wife? Those two tight end O's were stellar

BOB was the one OC who couldn’t win a Lombardi when he was here, and his relationship with Brady was the worst of the OC’sBrady played for. I completely believe the reports from Houston that the players hated his guts and considered him a racist, and that he was a snake who deliberately screwed the team to get out of there. I think he’s a true scumbag, and I don’t want him anywhere near this team. However, if he does end up back in N.E. I will let my opinion on be known when it happens, and then I will drop it, as I have no intention of beating it to death over and Iover and over and over ………… for as long as he is here, because I have absolutely no respect for people who do that. The NEM’s should be banned for abusing this site.

BOB was the one OC who couldn’t win a Lombardi when he was here, and his relationship with Brady was the worst of the OC’sBrady played for. I completely believe the reports from Houston that the players hated his guts and considered him a racist, and that he was a snake who deliberately screwed the team to get out of there. I think he’s a true scumbag, and I don’t want him anywhere near this team. However, if he does end up back in N.E. I will let my opinion on be known when it happens, and then I will drop it, as I have no intention of beating it to death over and Iover and over and over ………… for as long as he is here, because I have absolutely no respect for people who do that. The NEM’s should be banned for abusing this site.
Yea but BOB knows how to use 2TEs and Josh doesn't.;)

Last edited:
If McDaniels leaves, we’ll come to regret it. McDaniels will regret it too, I’m thinking. There’s a good chance Denver gets Watson or Rodgers once their ownership situation gets settled before free agency making Carr the 4th best QB in the division.

Personally, I’m hoping the Krafts and Bill sweeten McDaniels’ and Ziegler’s deals , give them a little more authority, and perhaps a firmer timeline for Bill’s retirement to keep them around.

If McDaniels leaves, we’ll come to regret it. McDaniels will regret it too, I’m thinking. There’s a good chance Denver gets Watson or Rodgers once their ownership situation gets settled before free agency making Carr the 4th best QB in the division.

Personally, I’m hoping the Krafts and Bill sweeten McDaniels’ and Ziegler’s deals , give them a little more authority, and perhaps a firmer timeline for Bill’s retirement to keep them around.
Wolf over Ziegler please.

Players he’s drafted in Green Bay and Cleveland and how we seemed to have our first great draft since Pioli since Wolf is here.
He didn't draft anyone at either franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST