PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders ready to give Mcdaniels full power? Reputable source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly? New stadium, city is a nice place to live, full control, historic franchise. Not a bad gig.

I've said before, I think it'd need to be a golden opportunity for Josh to leave. This may be such an opportunity. The Raiders are not a crap team - they made the postseason and were competitive with the Bengals in the wild card game. The Raiders may give him full control. And, he may be able to get Jimmy if he wants him and thinks he's a better fit than Carr, and then trade Carr who has 1 year left on his deal.

Pretty golden opportunity though I'd be sad to see him go because I think it would hurt Mac's development. At the same time, it's been said that Bill O'Brien would come back as the OC, so it might not be the end of the world. O'Brien did a great job utilizing two tight ends in Gronk/Hernandez and could do so again with Henry/Smith. Not two players of the same caliber, but still. Additionally, BOB is currently the OC at Alabama, so I'm sure that helps in working with Mac also.
@DropKickFlutie’s reaction reading this post:

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

RIGHT. Josh is SO likely to want to work for the ONLY owner dumber than Irsay and then move his family to the only town more despicable than Indy. Now THAT makes a ton of sense. :rolleyes:
:
Gotta say, Davis gave Gruden a 10y contract, full control and, if not for the WFT storm, he would probably be leading a good team, built by him, into the play-offs, with all of his people in commanding positions. Kinda feels like, at the very least, Mark Davis is letting another captain steer the ship

if McDaniels is sure that this will continue... Kinda feels like a great opportunity for real. Carr was/is better than Mac, and like it was said, last year of contract, so he could start hauling picks from the getgo, at the very least, with Jimmy on the market.

I hope he takes it. Good luck Josh! I already miss you buddy!

IfJosh really really wants to be a HC there most likely will not be a better opportunity. It's not perfect but in the real world, it's close.
Anyone succeeding BB here in NE will be under intense pressure, q.v. see the nooses out to hang even BB after one year 2020. This market is truly the fellowship of the miserable, at least in football.

Plus...Tebow is available!!!

I've said before, I think it'd need to be a golden opportunity for Josh to leave. This may be such an opportunity. The Raiders are not a crap team - they made the postseason and were competitive with the Bengals in the wild card game. The Raiders may give him full control. And, he may be able to get Jimmy if he wants him and thinks he's a better fit than Carr, and then trade Carr who has 1 year left on his deal.

Pretty golden opportunity though I'd be sad to see him go because I think it would hurt Mac's development. At the same time, it's been said that Bill O'Brien would come back as the OC, so it might not be the end of the world. O'Brien did a great job utilizing two tight ends in Gronk/Hernandez and could do so again with Henry/Smith. Not two players of the same caliber, but still. Additionally, BOB is currently the OC at Alabama, so I'm sure that helps in working with Mac also.

The other equally as important thing is, not just full control, but does he get the time to clean out the bad culture? Raiders have been a fundamentally unsound football team for so long that a lot of players are beyond reforming.

This will take a good 3-4 years.

There is no choice worse than BOB to replace MacDaniels. He’s a piece of sh.t who destroyed the Texans. The one sure way to destroy Jones career is to hire that sack of sh.t to coach him.

There is no choice worse than BOB to replace MacDaniels. He’s a piece of sh.t who destroyed the Texans. The one sure way to destroy Jones career is to hire that sack of sh.t to coach him.

4 division titles by O'Brien before conman Easterby showed up and wrecked the team. BOB a thousand times better than what McD did in Denver or St Louis....

There are 10+ other candidate names on top of HC lists before McD's. Maybe his delusional agent should stop pumping fake media articles and realize his client has no leverage to demand more control. A guy who traded 4 picks to take Tim Tebow in the 1st round, got rid of Brandon Marshall and Tony Sheffler, wasted top picks on NKeal Harry, Chad Jackson, Laurence Maroney, Lance Kendricks, should be banished from participating in drafts.

MickeyD in Vegas? dudes the type of guy that stays on any 16+ hand in blackjack

Honestly? New stadium, city is a nice place to live, full control, historic franchise. Not a bad gig.
But he must answer to the HairCutMan…. He doesn’t strike me as “a good boss”.

But he must answer to the HairCutMan…. He doesn’t strike me as “a good boss”.

It's not like he has many options. Zero teams asked McD for HC jobs. He should recalibrate and realize he has no leverage. And when BB retires he's screwed in NE, no one to piggyback off anymore and would be shortly gone thereafter

Do patriots get compensatory picks if Josh leaves for a HC position?

I think McD takes the Raiders job, if it is offered to him. BOB would be a good choice to replace him. He flopped as a HC in Houston but has cred as an OC. I would also name Hoyer as the QB coach to mentor Mac.

What the hell is the fetish with BoB? He did an absolutely awful job as HC and has an ego the size of Montana. Anyone but O'Brien.

I've mentioned this before but I'd take a look at Ken Zampese, the Football Team's QB coach, if I was looking to promote from outside the organization. Love the work he did this year with Heineke. The Football Team had every excuse to collapse this year and they leveraged a very replaceable QB into a year where they were in with a chance for most of the season. I'd like to see what a guy who could get that kind of year out of Heineke could do with a real QB in a real offense.

I think McD takes the Raiders job, if it is offered to him. BOB would be a good choice to replace him. He flopped as a HC in Houston but has cred as an OC. I would also name Hoyer as the QB coach to mentor Mac.
we are not walking backward into the Brady era guys. Brady era coaches are irrelevant to what we're trying to do today. We have a different QB in town and if we try to squeeze him into the Brady playbook that WILL backfire.

I think our next QB coach will be a young up and comer, looking to prove something, not an old guy looking to wallow in what he's already accomplished.

we are not walking backward into the Brady era guys. Brady era coaches are irrelevant to what we're trying to do today. We have a different QB in town and if we try to squeeze him into the Brady playbook that WILL backfire.

I think our next QB coach will be a young up and comer, looking to prove something, not an old guy looking to wallow in what he's already accomplished.
Joe Brady?

Do patriots get compensatory picks if Josh leaves for a HC position?

I don't think the Raiders hiring someone mentally disabled will net the Pats two 3rds, no

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents