PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

No, you need to learn to write. Your original quote...

They = Patriots. If you were referring to the Patriots passing offense, you should have used "it" the third time.

It's choking if you are beaten at home and by an opponent who played on fewer rest days...and it was the Rams fumbling the ball that got the Bucs back into the game, not Brady
So the fumbles were ran in for td's?

sure ill admit that… but you can’t argue it’s a players game and take credit only for the wins.
I have looked and I cannot find a single play on the field Bill made. When a coach calls a play, if the players execute it, he is a genius, if they dont he is a clown. Luckily Bill had a Qb for 19 years that could execute those players that made him look like a genius. Now he just looks like a coach with a 17-15 record since Brady left.

.and it was the Rams fumbling the ball that got the Bucs back into the game, not Brady
You sure? Brady had a 106 rating in that 4th quarter.

The only reason the Rams broke the tie was the Bucs left time on the clock for them and there was a blown coverage. No. Stafford delivered. Lol, see how an actual accomplishment turns into luck for some people?

How many of today's young mobile QBs would've taken off running?

Mahomes would’ve ran backwards thrown with his left hand got it picked off and would’ve landed on top 10 plays

The only reason the Rams broke the tie was the Bucs left time on the clock for them and there was a blown coverage. No. Stafford delivered. Lol, see how an actual accomplishment turns into luck for some people?

Man coverage on Kupp with a safety has to be the worst defensive call of all time let alone Stafford being the best WB in the league be the blitz. How the **** do you make that call

You sure? Brady had a 106 rating in that 4th quarter.

The Bucs had 17 points off Rams turnovers...without which the Bucs would not have been able to mount a comeback. It's called a momentum swing. Just think - if Brady showed up in quarters 1-3 the Bucs would have won the game. Even one additional FG drive would probably have done it.

Man coverage on Kupp with a safety has to be the worst defensive call of all time let alone Stafford being the best WB in the league be the blitz. How the **** do you make that call

The guy is your HC now...

The Bucs left 45 seconds left on the clock. Very difficult for any QB to bring his team back with that much time reamining. Yet Stafford did it on two throws. 45 seconds is too little time on the clock for Brady but not for Stafford apparently

Last edited:
Quoting myself to clarify what I was trying to say. I was being facetious. I responding to the notion that the only reason the Bucs came back to tie the Rams was because of fumbles. No it isn't the only reason. Brady had to deliver a number of times with the opportunities he got. It wasn't luck or only because the Rams fumbled. So I made the same kind of dumb argument that the only reason the Rams won was because the Bucs left too much time on the clock. Stafford had to deliver with the opportunity he got. Neither quarterback was lucky. They both delivered. You can't say one did and the other didn't. In both cases they accomplished their mission

The Bucs had 17 points off Rams turnovers...without which the Bucs would not have been able to mount a comeback. It's called a momentum swing. Just think - if Brady showed up in quarters 1-3 the Bucs would have won the game. Even one additional FG drive would probably have done it.
You said the comeback wasn't because of Brady. A 106 rating during that comeback disagrees with that take. The Rams gave them the opportunity to come back and Brady and his offense took it. Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

You said the comeback wasn't because of Brady. A 106 rating during that comeback disagrees with that take. The Rams gave them the opportunity to come back and Brady and his offense took it. Not sure why that would be a bad thing.

Since when do you care about passer ratings? Want me to compare Brady's super bowl passer ratings to Montana's again?

The most important factor in the Bucs coming back was the turnovers created by the D as well as that stupid botched snap that went over Stafford's head.

Since when do you care about passer ratings? Want me to compare Brady's super bowl passer ratings to Montana's again?

The most important factor in the Bucs coming back was the turnovers created by the D as well as that stupid botched snap that went over Stafford's head.
Rating tells a good story. Like I said, the Rams gave them the opportunity and Brady took full advantage. 106 rating. Proves that the comeback didn't happen by accident, Brady made it happen.

Tom Brady Regular Season Records:

Wins (243)
Division Titles (18)
Pro Bowls (15)
Completions (7263)
Passing Yards (84,520)
Passing TDs (624)
Three-TD Games (101)
Four-TD Games (39)
TDs Thrown to Different Receivers (82)
Only Player to Beat All 32 Teams
Oldest Player to Win NFL MVP (age 40)

Tom Brady Postseason Records:

Wins (35)
Consecutive Wins (10)
Completions (1165)
Passing Yards (13,049)
Passing TDs (86)
Multi-TD Passing Games (27)
Conference Championship Appearances (14)
Conference Championship Wins (10)
Game-Winning Drives (14)
Fourth-Quarter Comebacks (9)

Tom Brady Super Bowl Records:

Wins (7, more than any NFL franchise)
MVPs (5)
Completions (277)
Completions Single Game (43)
Passing Yards (3039)
Passing Yards Single Game (505)
Passing TDs (21)
Game-Winning Drives (6)

If you really want to be impressed then look up second place in all of those.

Rating tells a good story. Like I said, the Rams gave them the opportunity and Brady took full advantage. 106 rating. Proves that the comeback didn't happen by accident, Brady made it happen.

No, Brady had more to do with the comeback in SB 51 than he did with last year's loss to the Rams. In fact, Brady had only led two FG drives prior to the first Rams turnover in the second half. That basically proves that the defense had more to do with the comeback than Brady did.

Tom Brady Regular Season Records:

Wins (243)
Division Titles (18)
Pro Bowls (15)
Completions (7263)
Passing Yards (84,520)
Passing TDs (624)
Three-TD Games (101)
Four-TD Games (39)
TDs Thrown to Different Receivers (82)
Only Player to Beat All 32 Teams
Oldest Player to Win NFL MVP (age 40)

Tom Brady Postseason Records:

Wins (35)
Consecutive Wins (10)
Completions (1165)
Passing Yards (13,049)
Passing TDs (86)
Multi-TD Passing Games (27)
Conference Championship Appearances (14)
Conference Championship Wins (10)
Game-Winning Drives (14)
Fourth-Quarter Comebacks (9)

Tom Brady Super Bowl Records:

Wins (7, more than any NFL franchise)
MVPs (5)
Completions (277)
Completions Single Game (43)
Passing Yards (3039)
Passing Yards Single Game (505)
Passing TDs (21)
Game-Winning Drives (6)

If you really want to be impressed then look up second place in all of those.

If you are a good QB who plays for a quarter of a century, you're bound to get records. Besides, I don't see super bowl winning % or super bowl rating on this list...

proof records are meaningless…

Last edited:
I'd say it's year 2. Hard for me to call 2020 a real rebuild year. They had no QB.

Agreed that the clock is ticking. No way Bill is ever fired, but I think the finish line is in view and he knows it. He is 70. I don't think it's a lock that he takes the wins records from Shula. Maybe the combined playoff and regular season one and that's it.

I think there's a decent chance the team has a new HC to kick off the 2024 season and hopefully the Patriots window is open to compete for a championship by then.
There isn't much noise about replacing BB yet, but it seems whispering is starting to happen. If the 2022 season doesn't go well, fans might start to openly wonder if a coaching change is needed. So yeah 2024 might be the year of a coaching change. Irregardless, I don't think BB coaches past 2025 so Shula's record appears to be safe.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
I still can't believe there was a 10 year drought. Brady had his fair share of chokes during that time, but Bill played a role in that as well with some really awful roster moves that weakened those teams. Lots of opportunities were wasted.
It's not enough to just have a talented team. A SB winning team needs fortune on their side ie injury luck, favourable calls, clutch plays. If you look at it over a 20 year period, the law of averages works out. A simple clutch catch by Welker could have resulted in a SB. Conversely, if Edelman's catch in Atlanta dropped another inch, it would have touched the ground and the Pats would have likely lost.

Brees deserves to keep some records. Lots of those yards came as a result of shoot outs and playing from behind.

I'm sure Timmy will catch him eventually. What Brees did in 20 years, Brady can do in 24.

I'm sure Timmy will catch him eventually. What Brees did in 20 years, Brady can do in 24.
How many times did New Orleans stop in the middle of a game to hold some ridiculous ceremony for Brees setting a record? Brees would eat it up every time too. Now Brady has blown by Brees in every meaningful category... all the while with limited fanfare. Brady's too busy planning on his next ring ceremony.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back