PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

How many times did New Orleans stop in the middle of a game to hold some ridiculous ceremony for Brees setting a record? Brees would eat it up every time too. Now Brady has blown by Brees in every meaningful category... all the while with limited fanfare. Brady's too busy planning on his next ring ceremony.

Well, if you play long enough, you are bound to get all the records...how come it took Timmy longer than Brees and Manning to do what they accomplished stats-wise ? How come it took him nearly 5 years longer than Montana to get to 4 rings? Perhaps if he played better in SB 42 and 46?

I hope Brady is prepared to go without his starting center (whom, as we found out today, will not be back unless the Bucs go on a deep playoff run), and starting LG. We saw how average he was over the past two seasons against good pass rushing teams like the Saints and Rams.

Last edited:
Well, if you play long enough, you are bound to get all the records...how come it took Timmy longer than Brees and Manning to do what they accomplished stats-wise ? How come it took him nearly 5 years longer than Montana to get to 4 rings? Perhaps if he played better in SB 42 and 46?
I don't think anyone considers Brady's longevity a negative. Well I suppose 31 other teams don't appreciate it.

It's not about who's the quickest to whatever milestone it's about who has the most. You know this, you're just choosing to be a contrarian. Brady's got the most everything... stats, wins, championships... his longevity and ability to sustain elite level quarterbacking into his mid-40's is only further evidence of his unique greatness.

I hope Brady is prepared to go without his starting center (whom, as we found out today, will not be back unless the Bucs go on a deep playoff run), and starting LG. We saw how average he was over the past two seasons against good pass rushing teams like the Saints and Rams.
Brady wasn't average against either of those opponents but that's beside the point. I agree with you on the getting up to speed with the reconfigured o-line. And I'm being critical of Brady for his mysterious absence from training camp. It's an odd situation with I think an unavoidably bad look for Brady. Whether it's a factor or not (which probably it actually wouldn't be), if the team struggles at the beginning of the season then he's going to take on a lot more grief for the absence.

Brady wasn't average against either of those opponents but that's beside the point. I agree with you on the getting up to speed with the reconfigured o-line. And I'm being critical of Brady for his mysterious absence from training camp. It's an odd situation with I think an unavoidably bad look for Brady. Whether it's a factor or not (which probably it actually wouldn't be), if the team struggles at the beginning of the season then he's going to take on a lot more grief for the absence.
I don't have a problem with his absence. He's earned the benefit of the doubt and I still think it was preplanned and something that had to be done for his marriage in exchange for playing at least another year.

If he was away for the Masked Singer then I'd have a much bigger problem with it and I suspect so would his teammates.

Perhaps if he played better in SB 42 and 46?
Wasn't Brady's best games but he played fine in both. Gave BB's defense the late lead twice and the defense didn't get it done both times.

The OL lost Super Bowl 42. Mankins in particular didn't play well. In Super Bowl 46 the defense gave up 114 yards rushing and a TD to a running attack literally ranked dead last in the NFL.

I don't have a problem with his absence. He's earned the benefit of the doubt and I still think it was preplanned and something that had to be done for his marriage in exchange for playing at least another year.

If he was away for the Masked Singer then I'd have a much bigger problem with it and I suspect so would his teammates.
OMG if he missed training camp to participate in the Masked Singer then that's next level douchebaginess. I find the he had to do it for his marriage excuse to be nauseating too. Seems likely there was a family vacation planned while he was "retired" and he just chose to keep it despite "unretiring." I don't like this excuse either but at least he's not a douchebag or a total ****y.

Reactions: sb1
Can't say ****y? Oh well.

Wasn't Brady's best games but he played fine in both. Gave BB's defense the late lead twice and the defense didn't get it done both times.

The OL lost Super Bowl 42. Mankins in particular didn't play well. In Super Bowl 46 the defense gave up 114 yards rushing and a TD to a running attack literally ranked dead last in the NFL.
Brady left the field in both games with the lead. I guess thats all he can really do. Oline was awful in the 2007 superbowl, 2011 we were beat up. Gronk was hurt, and Brady actually had a broke foot in that game, but again, left the field with a lead.

How come it took Montana.....oh wait he never got 7 superbowls in no amount of time. Montana might have got 4 quicker becuase you know, there is no cap so he got to keep his receivers every year instead of Bill giving Brady receivers off the garbage pile after free agency and changing them yearly. But since Brady has 7 superbowl wins, it kinda does not really matter. As far as stats goes. Bree and manning did something that Brady didnt do....play in domes, but even with that, Brees played 20 years and got 571 tds thats 28.55 per year. Manning played 17 years and got 539 that is 31.7 per year. Brady played 22 years and got 624 which is 28.3 per year....so...Maybe those not having to play in the cold windy NE gave Brees that .2 td's more per year and Manning that 2.8 td's per year advantage...But since you want to nitpick, Lets look at interceptions. Brady has played 22 years and has still not reached either of those guys totals in ints yet...

Brady left the field in both games with the lead. I guess thats all he can really do. Oline was awful in the 2007 superbowl, 2011 we were beat up. Gronk was hurt, and Brady actually had a broke foot in that game, but again, left the field with a lead.
Yup. Also if Shannon Sharpe who is not exactly a Patriots or Brady fan has said the Patriots would have undoubtedly won the Super Bowl in 11 if Gronk was healthy - that says a lot.

How come it took Montana.....oh wait he never got 7 superbowls in no amount of time. Montana might have got 4 quicker becuase you know, there is no cap so he got to keep his receivers every year instead of Bill giving Brady receivers off the garbage pile after free agency and changing them yearly. But since Brady has 7 superbowl wins, it kinda does not really matter.

WHat a dumb take. One guy plays to the equivalent of nearly a quarter of a century of football and you are thumping your chest about records? Well, as far as Montana is concerned, the league was not watered down back then like it is today - Montana took real hits and he never complained to the refs like Brady does (see last year's Saints game where he said to the ref "it's about F'in time you made a call"). Also, Montana had no free agency to benefit from as that was not implemented until 1993. If you'd like, I can go over all the free agents that have helped Brady win titles....

As far as stats goes. Bree and manning did something that Brady didnt do....play in domes, but even with that, Brees played 20 years and got 571 tds thats 28.55 per year. Manning played 17 years and got 539 that is 31.7 per year. Brady played 22 years and got 624 which is 28.3 per year....so...Maybe those not having to play in the cold windy NE gave Brees that .2 td's more per year and Manning that 2.8 td's per year advantage...But since you want to nitpick, Lets look at interceptions. Brady has played 22 years and has still not reached either of those guys totals in ints yet...

SO you admit that Brady is benefitting heavily now by playing in warm weather. Got it.

LOL, not he did not play "fine" in both.

SB42 - He fumbled the ball at the end of the first half while being close to field goal range. Think the team could have used those 3 points at the end? And when he DID have time to throw, he was throwing ducks. Go watch the game again. And on the Moss TD he should have audibled and called at least 1 run play to kill the clock. Three pass plays were called and just few second ticked off the clock, enough for the Giants to win the game. Just dumb.

No, that's not "all he could have done." He could have showed up for more than the first and last drives of SB 42. It's called "playing 60 minutes."

ANd he had the ball last in SB 46 with 57 seconds left and 1 TO and he couldn't engineer a TD drive. It just proves my point that Brady sucks at winning or tying games with 1 minute or less left to go....FYI he's never engineered a long GW or GT drive with 1 minute or less to go in his entire career.

LOL, not he did not play "fine" in both.
Yes he did especially knowing he was not getting protection and he was injured himself. Set the Super Bowl completions streak record in 46.
Also had a better passer rating both times than Mac Jones had in the wildcard game.
SB42 - He fumbled the ball at the end of the first half while being close to field goal range. Think the team could have used those 3 points at the end?
Sure they could have. Why did the coaches call an offensive play on 4th and 13 instead of kicking a 48 yard FG?
And when he DID have time to throw, he was throwing ducks. Go watch the game again. And on the Moss TD he should have audibled and called at least 1 run play to kill the clock. Three pass plays were called and just few second ticked off the clock, enough for the Giants to win the game. Just dumb.
Also not nearly as dumb as 4th and 13. The Patriots lost by 3 so that coaching brain fart kinda mattered.

BB's defense had the lead both times...and failed to get the job done both times. Facts.

Tom was not tgood in SB 46 after the 1st half.

I'm amazed that Giants team won the Super Bowl. Winning their terrible division with a 9-7 record, lost 4 games to losing teams, beat one winning team during the regular season which happened to be us, a MINUS 6 point differential, a broken down defense who couldn't stop anyone and a rushing attack ranked dead last in the league.

Has to be the worst champion ever.

He got his shoulder dislocated on a sack. IIRC he was like 20/23 for 2 TDs and 200 yards until that play when his stats then fell off a cliff.

Well, as far as Montana is concerned, the league was not watered down back then like it is today - Montana took real hits and he never complained to the refs like Brady does (see last year's Saints game where he said to the ref "it's about F'in time you made a call"). Also, Montana had no free agency to benefit from as that was not implemented until 1993. If you'd like, I can go over all the free agents that have helped Brady win titles....
You have it backwards... free agents came to New England to win Super Bowls with Tom Brady. Brady didn't necessarily need anyone in particular considering he's the only player to have played in all of his Super Bowl wins.

You also like to ignore the fact that the NFC was far superior to the AFC for the entirety of Montana's career. From Montana's first Super Bowl championship in1981 to 1996 (16 seasons), the NFC won 15 Super Bowls. So it's not extraordinary that he was 4-0 in Super Bowls during that lopsided era.

He got his shoulder dislocated on a sack. IIRC he was like 20/23 for 2 TDs and 200 yards until that play when his stats then fell off a cliff.
Yeah I know but there's no injury excuse if he's playing.

Look who’s number 5…

Last edited:
OMG if he missed training camp to participate in the Masked Singer then that's next level douchebaginess. I find the he had to do it for his marriage excuse to be nauseating too. Seems likely there was a family vacation planned while he was "retired" and he just chose to keep it despite "unretiring." I don't like this excuse either but at least he's not a douchebag or a total ****y.
It's odd that I don't really care about Brady's absence, but I don't. I wouldn't even if he was still with the Pats. It's kind of funny when I think of how Brady was criticized for having a child out of wedlock with his girlfriend. Meanwhile, the NYFL has worked things so that one of the worst predators in the league will be rewarded with hundreds of millions of guaranteed money.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back