PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

Do who is the best QB, Mac Jones?

Um, the best player last year was the guy who statistically matched Brady in most categories and won the super bowl.

You didn’t address anything I wrote. Brady wasn’t “easily” anything. As I showed above, Stafford’s stats were nearly identical to Brady AND he kicked Brady in the nuts twice en route to a title. “Best QB in the league” gets shut out by the Saints lol.
And yet Bill couldn't beat him head to head in his one and likely only chance he'll ever have.

Brady was the best QB in the league last year and he very likely will be again this season. You don't have to like it :)

Brady was the best QB in the league last year and he very likely will be again this season. You don't have to like it :)

Then why didn't he win the super bowl last year? Why didn't he win MVP? You don't have to like it.

You still haven't addressed my comparison between Stafford and Brady's stats. As I've proven to you, they are very similar. So no, Brady was not "easily" the best QB last year...especially considering he threw the ball over 700 times to pad his numbers. And I'm sure he'll try to do the same this year. Perhaps if they ran the ball more often last year they wouldn't have been so one-dimensional.

Last edited:
Then why didn't he win the super bowl last year? Why didn't he win MVP? You don't have to like it.

You still haven't addressed my comparison between Stafford and Brady's stats. As I've proven to you, they are very similar. So no, Brady was not "easily" the best QB last year...especially considering he threw the ball over 700 times to pile up numbers. And I'm sure he'll try to do the same this year. Perhaps if they ran the ball more often last year they wouldn't have been so one-dimensional.
He didn't win the Super Bowl because AB broke and Godwin's injury and the defense blitzed one too many times letting Kupp get behind them.

They'll make up for that this year. The greatest QB in the history of pro football and Belichick's daddy (can't argue with that... Bill hasn't beaten him) will lead his team to a second title in 3 years. Calling it now. How come I didn't see Stafford's name in the MVP voting results last year?

He didn't win the Super Bowl because AB broke and Godwin's injury and the defense blitzed one too many times letting Kupp get behind them.

They'll make up for that this year. The greatest QB in the history of pro football and Belichick's daddy (can't argue with that... Bill hasn't beaten him) will lead his team to a second title in 3 years. Calling it now. How come I didn't see Stafford's name in the MVP voting results last year?

No, he lost because he CHOKED against the Rams and didn't show up for the first 3 quarters of the game. And weren't you the one who said "Brady single handedly won the super bowl in 2020?" Ok, so why didn't he "single-handedly" win the super bowl in 2021? Now you are blaming injuries?

If we are going to say that Tom is Bill's daddy (despite playing like crap and his kicker doing all the work), can we say that Eli is Tommy's Daddy? You know, he hasn't beaten Eli in the Super Bowl. How about Nick Foles? Or Peyton, since Tommy is 1-3 vs him in AFCCGs, when it counts the most?

No, he lost because he CHOKED against the Rams and didn't show up for the first 3 quarters of the game. And weren't you the one who said "Brady single handedly won the super bowl in 2020?" Ok, so why didn't he "single-handedly" win the super bowl in 2021? Now you are blaming injuries?

If we are going to say that Tom is Bill's daddy (despite playing like crap and his kicker doing all the work), can we say that Eli is Tommy's Daddy? You know, he hasn't beaten Eli in the Super Bowl. How about Nick Foles? Or Peyton, since Tommy is 1-3 vs him in AFCCGs, when it counts the most?
You could call them that, if those players were on the field when Tom was but they weren't. Tom gave Bill's defense the lead both times, and Bill's defense failed to get the job done both times. Facts. Speaking of Foles, Bill's defense was also gashed by Nick freaking Foles and Brady played the SB game of his life. Can't blame Tom for any of that.

Last season Tom went head to head against his old coach and won that battle. Bill has never beaten him and very likely never will get another chance to do that.

And how did the Bucs do before Brady got there and how are they doing since? One player's arrival seemed to make all the difference, yes?

You don't win the Superbowl every year that's really unrealistic.

You could call them that, if those players were on the field when Tom was but they weren't. Tom gave Bill's defense the lead both times, and Bill's defense failed to get the job done both times. Facts. Speaking of Foles, Bill's defense was also gashed by Nick freaking Foles and Brady played the SB game of his life. Can't blame Tom for any of that.

LOL, one QB got the win, the other got the L...guess who is OWNED by the Manning Bros. and Foles when it counted the most? You can absolutely blame Tom for not showing up in SB 42, 46 and the AFCCGs vs the Broncos.

Last season Tom went head to head against his old coach and won that battle. Bill has never beaten him and very likely never will get another chance to do that.

When he signs with the Dolphins after this season he will.

And how did the Bucs do before Brady got there and how are they doing since? One player's arrival seemed to make all the difference, yes?

Actually, it was Brady, Gronk, Fournette, and Brown that turned the Bucs around. Funny how Brady folded last year when Brown and Goodwin didn't play.

LOL, one QB got the win, the other got the L...guess who is OWNED by the Manning Bros. and Foles when it counted the most? You can absolutely blame Tom for not showing up in SB 42, 46 and the AFCCGs vs the Broncos.
I'll give you 46 and fine you want to blame 42 on him thays cool too they should've scored more than 14 pts.

The Broncos losses had more to do with how good they were on defense in 2015 credit to them and still were an 2 point conversion away from tying the game
2015- 4 Sacks-18 QB hits

2013 Gronk was injured and the main receivers were Edelman-Dobson-Amendola-Collie and Hoomanawui as the TE lmao

And please you really don't want to mention the Eagles superbowl a team that puts up 30 points plus should win that game if the defense does their job.

Brady - 719 passing attempts, 67.4%, 43 TDs, 12 INTs, 5316 yards, 102.1 rating

Stafford - 601 passing attempts, 67.2%, 41 TDs, 17 INTs, 4886 yards, 102.9 rating

You tell me who had the better year. It seems pretty clear to me that the guy that won the super bowl was the best QB last year, including playoffs... the main difference is Brady had the second most passing attempts by any QB in the history of the NFL and just piled up stats. No way he was the best player in the league last year. And on top of that, Stafford beat Brady TWICE en route to a Super Bowl.
Brady topped Stafford in all of these regular season categories:

Wins
Completions
Completion Percentage
Yards
TDs
INTs (fewer)
INT% (lower)
1st Downs
QBR
Game-Winning Drives

Brady finished second in NFL MVP voting. Stafford wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team and he wasn't named to the pro bowl. He came in 27th on the top 100 player poll whereas Brady tops the list (at age 45). According to NFL players, Brady is the best player in the league. According to the AP, Brady had the better 2021 regular season.

You're making a false claim due to your obsessional hatred for Brady.

I think there's a disproportionate representation of Brady hatred on this forum... meaning there's a vocal group of the IBWT crowd in the forum membership who are embolden by the biases of the forum administration (particularly of the Mod(s)). This is my observation and experience. You shouldn't get dibs on freely expressing your opinion because it's in line with the Mod(s) and decidedly pro-Bill. You can't assume ownership of "it's my team and my head coach" through unwavering support. It's my team and my head coach too, I just have a different view, one that includes criticism.

I don't visit Red Sox forums, but are the Mods shutting down any criticism of Chaim Bloom and Alex Cora? Seems like both have done a miserable job this season. I'm pretty sure it's entirely reasonable that a Red Sox fan would be critical of the team, how it was constructed and coached. Do you lose your Red Sox fandom because you're critical of the GM, head coach and/or players? Obviously not. Somehow that doesn't apply on this forum. Criticize the team, or especially Bill, and you're accused of trolling and not being a true Patriots fan. It's ridiculous, especially when you get literally shut down (through bans and deleted posts).

Meanwhile, MAC10 lives on the Brady sub-forum, for the sole purpose of trolling Brady fans. Without consequence (other than making a grand fool of himself and getting beaten to a pulp in literally every discussion).

Brady topped Stafford in all of these regular season categories:

Wins
Completions
Completion Percentage
Yards
TDs
INTs (fewer)
INT% (lower)
1st Downs
QBR
Game-Winning Drives

Brady finished second in NFL MVP voting. Stafford wasn't even the most valuable player on his own team and he wasn't named to the pro bowl. He came in 27th on the top 100 player poll whereas Brady tops the list (at age 45). According to NFL players, Brady is the best player in the league. According to the AP, Brady had the better 2021 regular season.

You're making a false claim due to your obsessional hatred for Brady.

You are forgetting one important stat, which puts Stafford over the top;

Stafford - 4 playoff wins

Brady - 1 playoff win

All the stats you cited for the most part are volume stats, which is the result of a guy who threw the ball 720 times (stafford in contrast had 600 attempts). Add to the fact that most of Brady's stats have come at the expense of the worst teams in the league (31 out of 43 touchdowns vs teams with a combined record of 51-85), it's clear Stafford's 2021 season was better.

Brady still gave BB's defense the lead both times in the Giants Super Bowls and they didn't get the job done both times.

Also BB's defense gave Manning by far his best playoff game in 2018.

Facts.

When he signs with the Dolphins after this season he will.
He is not signing with the Dolphins at least as a player. This is his final season.
Actually, it was Brady, Gronk, Fournette, and Brown that turned the Bucs around. Funny how Brady folded last year when Brown and Goodwin didn't play.
And yet the Bucs were one defensive breakdown on one play away from a historic comeback and repeating. They won't make the same mistake this year. Health permitting I think they're winning it all this year.

Brady still gave BB's defense the lead both times in the Giants Super Bowls and they didn't get the job done both times.

Also BB's defense gave Manning by far his best playoff game in 2018.

If the Giants had scored all 17 of their points in the first half and the Pats scored all 14 of their points in the second half of SB42, we'd be blaming the offense for not showing up. Yet the score would still be 17-14 Giants. See how twisted your logic is? Greatest offense in the history of the game couldn't get it done. You can't fault Belichick for holding the Giants to 17 points, especially when his star QB laughed at the idea of the Pats only scoring 17 points. It's clear that the most important factor in the Giants winning was Tom laughing at Plaxico Burress (according to them)...all the Giants defensive players were pissed off after that. Facts.

And yet the Bucs were one defensive breakdown on one play away from a historic comeback and repeating. They won't make the same mistake this year. Health permitting I think they're winning it all this year.

No, they were one defensive breakdown away from going into OT when anything could have happened. What Stafford did was probably the greatest GW drive I've ever seen - taking his team down the field with 42 seconds and 1 TO and beating the Bucs on TWO throws. THis is something Brady has never done in his life (and probably doesn't have the ability to do so either given his dink-and-dunk nature).

Last edited:

Brady - 1 playoff win

All the stats you cited for the most part are volume stats, which is the result of a guy who threw the ball 720 times (stafford in contrast had 600 attempts). Add to the fact that most of Brady's stats have come at the expense of the worst teams in the league (31 out of 43 touchdowns vs teams with a combined record of 51-85), it's clear Stafford's 2021 season was better.
What are you talking about? Right, the quarterback who won the Super Bowl had the best postseason. That's true EVERY POSTSEASON. Pretty much winning the Super Bowl trumps everything else. Brady had the best postseason of any quarterback in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. Are you going to dispute that?

Brady had the better regular season last season. He carried his team at age 44. The Bucs were 7-1 in the second half of the regular season and the one loss came when they collapsed under a flurry of injuries to key players. They finished tied with the best record in the NFL. Brady was a (real) pro bowler, AP second team all-pro, PFF first team all-pro, AP OPoY (third, top QB), and AP MVP (second). Stafford didn't register on any of those lists.

If the Giants had scored all 17 of their points in the first half and the Pats scored all 14 of their points in the second half of SB42, we'd be blaming the offense for not showing up. Yet the score would still be 17-14 Giants. See how twisted your logic is?
The word "If" literally means you're talking about a fantasy which never happened. What actually happened is Brady did his job and the defense didn't do theirs in the moments that mattered the most.

Greatest offense in the history of the game couldn't get it done. You can't fault Belichick for holding the Giants to 17 points, especially when his star QB laughed at the idea of the Pats only scoring 17 points. It's clear that the most important factor in the Giants winning was Tom laughing at Plaxico Burress (according to them)...all the Giants defensive players were pissed off after that. Facts.
Sounds like an opinion not a fact :) Brady's defense stood in the way of him very likely winning 3 more rings with the Patriots. That's a fact.

If you're offended by what Brady said then I take it you feel the same way about Bill mocking Marv Levy back in the day or Mike Tomlin more recently or trashing the Panthers before Super Bowl 38 telling his team what a joke it was to think the Panthers were at the Patriots level.
No, they were one defensive breakdown away from going into OT when anything could have happened. What Stafford did was probably the greatest GW drive I've ever seen - taking his team down the field with 42 seconds and 1 TO and beating the Bucs on TWO throws. THis is something Brady has never done in his life (and probably doesn't have the ability to do so either given his dink-and-dunk nature).
I take it you didn't watch the last minute and a half of Super Bowl 36.

The word "If" literally means you're talking about a fantasy which never happened. What actually happened is Brady did his job and the defense didn't do theirs in the moments that mattered the most.

Perhaps if Brady had played better during the first three quarters he would have gotten to 19-0. Oh well. The guy won the MVP that season and played like ass in the most important game in NFL history. Even if the Pats won that game some how, it would have been a bad performance by him.

Sounds like an opinion not a fact :) Brady's defense stood in the way of him very likely winning 3 more rings with the Patriots. That's a fact.

Well, the D was responsible for 4 of his rings. So call it even?
I take it you didn't watch the last minute and a half of Super Bowl 36.

I said less than 1 minute. In this case, Stafford won the game with 42 seconds left. He out Bradyed Brady lol.

What are you talking about? Right, the quarterback who won the Super Bowl had the best postseason. That's true EVERY POSTSEASON. Pretty much winning the Super Bowl trumps everything else. Brady had the best postseason of any quarterback in 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016, 2018 and 2020. Are you going to dispute that?

Brady had the better regular season last season. He carried his team at age 44. The Bucs were 7-1 in the second half of the regular season and the one loss came when they collapsed under a flurry of injuries to key players. They finished tied with the best record in the NFL. Brady was a (real) pro bowler, AP second team all-pro, PFF first team all-pro, AP OPoY (third, top QB), and AP MVP (second). Stafford didn't register on any of those lists.
Calm down, we're only talking about last year. So you admit, Stafford overall was the better QB last year? That's good to know. And if Brady was AP second team all-pro, that means he wasn't the best QB last year or am I missing something?

Last edited:
Perhaps if Brady had played better during the first three quarters he would have gotten to 19-0. Oh well. The guy won the MVP that season and played like ass in the most important game in NFL history. Even if the Pats won that game some how, it would have been a bad performance by him.
Not his best games for sure but he was still fine in both of them. His rating btw was higher in both games than Mac Jones's rating in the wild card game.

Well, the D was responsible for 4 of his rings. So call it even?
No not really. Take Brady away and the Patriots probably lose all 4.
I said less than 1 minute. In this case, Stafford won the game with 42 seconds left. He out Bradyed Brady lol.
Brady did it on a much bigger stage and under a much brighter spotlight in Super Bowl 36. The sign of things to come.

Brady - 1 playoff win

Well the players say you are an idiot, and I agree with them, but what do they know. Brady was voted number 1 by his peers, thats a pretty strong assessment. Volume stats as you put them are based on need. The team needed Brady to throw that much. You trying to use it as a diminishing quality is pretty sad.

Um, the best player last year was the guy who statistically matched Brady in most categories and won the super bowl.
False. Sorry I got with the guys that play the game and not someone who brady ruined the life of in you so bad that he caused you to leave whatever team you rooted for before and come over to be a pats fan after he left so you could bash him.

Well the players say you are an idiot, and I agree with them, but what do they know. Brady was voted number 1 by his peers, thats a pretty strong assessment. Volume stats as you put them are based on need. The team needed Brady to throw that much. You trying to use it as a diminishing quality is pretty sad.

You do realize that only 25% of NFL players actually vote for NFL Top 100, don’t you? Most of the league doesn’t care.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back