PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction time: how many more titles will Brady and BB win together?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How many more titles will Brady and BB win together for the Pats?

• More than 2... maximum pliability!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • 2... Pats as SB kings of the hill! Suck it, Squealers!

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • 1... Pats tied for the top spot... not as satisfying, but hey, they've come a long way, baby!

Votes: 36 40.9%
  • 0... hard to complain about "only" 5 titles... but I might anyway

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • Contractually obligated option of "Ray Lews killed a guy"

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In baseball people use the quote "spring hopes eternal" so in football "autumn hopes eternal"...

Personally, I think SB 51 might have been the last time....but that is just because I was in attendance myself after missing the previous 6 BB/Brady Superbowls and forced myself to go to Houston (Yes, at half time and later down 28-3...I was seriously questioning my wisdom....)...

That being said...I think we will have at least 2-3 more play-off runs to at least the divisional round...beyond that we need a little luck here and there...I mean look at all of those 5 Superbowl seasons...you could pinpoint 3-4 plays that made all the difference...ditto for the 3 seasons we lost the big game...

Ah...football man....unlike basketball, baseball, hockey, and etc...where you have a best-of-7 series...you just have 60 minutes with 22 guys on the field...and if one of them misses an assignment......(like Mason on the strip sack in the SB...and a few other plays/players).

But PERSONALLY, I want 2 more....I want us to have 7 Lombardi's as a franchise...I am greedy!!!!

Assuming Brady's contract stays the same, the Pats have a 2 year window. I think the Pats can win one more but it won't be easy. If they are going to win another Super Bowl, they need some improvement from the defense. I'm not going to get into the stats argument which is weak on both ends (points per game vs. yards per game) because there are a lot of factors that come into play. Instead here are my thoughts and what I'd like to see happen on defense:

• I'd like to see the Pats get faster to help create turnovers.
  • The pass rush needs to improve. Wise Jr. has a good first step but he needs to develop other rush moves. Hopefully they can get something out of Rivers. Trey Flowers is what he is (solid but doesn't scare anybody).
  • I believe the secondary will be better with Gilmore solidifying himself as the top CB. I think Jason McCourty will be a good replacement for Malcolm Butler. Duke Dawson will push for the nickel spot. Safeties are solid as usual.
  • The run D needs to improve and hopefully Danny Shelton will do that.
  • I'd like to see better coverage from the LB's. The return of Hightower helps but I'd like to see him rush more on 3rd downs so hopefully we get something from one or both of the rookies.
As you can see, I'm saying the Pats have to be statistically good in a particular category. They just need to improve in certain areas to make it more difficult for opposing offenses to move the ball on them.

JimK - what is so funny about my post?

If everyone gets on the same page (it's clear they are not right now) then they have a good shot at one more. And it feels like this season may be that shot.

Even though I think sunset has arrived for traditional competitive rivals like Pitt, Denver and the Seahawks, the NFC is still very good, the AFC South looks like it might be turning into a powerhouse division and we might even see the Browns finally emerge with the talent that they have. The AFC East has at least 2 teams well coached in Buf and Mia. I think the Pats window in this era might be closing now, and if they're going to win it all at least one more time, it needs to be soon. Brady is 41.

Win the division and hopefully get a bye and anything can happen. We have a really good team.
In what universe is Miami well coached?

JimK looks like he's having a mental breakdown just rating posts for no reason.

You think it would be better to lose earlier?
Let’s be clear. No.

I just think it is ridiculous in how some seem to take away from a guy for having more SB losses on his record, despite winning 5 already.

Let’s be clear. No.

I just think it is ridiculous in how some seem to take away from a guy for having more SB losses on his record, despite winning 5 already.
@JimK want to share what’s funny? Since you know everything about everyone here, maybe I’m missing something

Joey - for some reason I can't quote you as the button disappeared but JimK is pissed about something and he's retaliating by trolling everyone.

I drank the Belichick/Patriot koolaid long ago so my response is simple:

How many more Super Bowl wins? I'm focused on rookie mini camp and getting better today. ;)

Joey - for some reason I can't quote you as the button disappeared but JimK is pissed about something and he's retaliating by trolling everyone.
Someone needs to call his parents and put him to bed early.

Someone needs to call his parents and put him to bed early.
I just looked at his recent activity and he's been on a ratings rampage for the past hour.

Something/someone pissed him off and now just trying to disrupt the board.

It's just a matter of time before he rates my post.

Update: Yep, there it is, he rated my post. Hopefully Mods or Ian see this and ban him.

Let’s be clear. No.

You can worry about what uninformed people think.
Montana lost no SBs. That’s because he lost in earlier rounds. Losing in the wild card round or divisional round 3 tines is not better than wining the cuff championship 3 times and losing the Sb.
Anyone arguing otherwise just has an unsupportable argument.

I am an optimist AND a homer and I voted 0. For some reason it feels like last season was their last good chance.

Then again I would have said the same thing in 2012 so WTF do I know?

You can worry about what uninformed people think.
Montana lost no SBs. That’s because he lost in earlier rounds. Losing in the wild card round or divisional round 3 tines is not better than wining the cuff championship 3 times and losing the Sb.
Anyone arguing otherwise just has an unsupportable argument.
Montana lost a playoff game 49-3 once. Interesting note people forget about

I’m just here to get a dislike from JimK, because I want to fit in, too.

Oh, and I voted “0” because I think time is running out and there seems to be a lot of uncertainty regarding the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back