PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miracle Whip > Hellmann’s

In our house growing up, Miracle Whip was the replacement for mayo. The Hellman’s traditionalists never want to hear this but MW tastes better and is not as heavy as “real mayonnaise“.
Mrs. P is as Midwestern as the day was long back when it was longer, and she will NOT eat real Mayo. MW only, This from a woman who thinks only Peter Pan creamy is peanut butter, and things have to be potato based or meat based. Okay not true, for some reason Salmon Loaf is also a thing (don't ask.) I have a salmon loaf in for her as we speak lol.

Agree. I'll either make it an open face w/ gravy or put 1/2 cup of mayo on both pieces of bread.
Mayo or miracle whip (damn that’s what I forgot to buy!) on one side, cranberry on the other. I prefer whole berry sauce (sometimes homemade, canned is acceptable).

open face with gravy is good too, but doesn’t travel as well if packing lunch.

I’m having a recurring vision of Jefferson abusing Mills tonight. I’d rather see one of the Joneses take Jefferson with consistent safety help. The height differential scares me if Jon Jones is given that matchup.

So wait. You don't want Mills on him and you don't want Jones on him?

The height differential scares me if Jon Jones

Jonathan Jones is 5'10". Jefferson is 6'1' That scares you? Man the doom-and-gloomers concern troll about everything nowadays

In our house growing up, Miracle Whip was the replacement for mayo. The Hellman’s traditionalists never want to hear this but MW tastes better and is not as heavy as “real mayonnaise“.
Why settle for Hellman’s or MW when you can have Duke’s?

:D I like how everybody knows the answer and it's this one thing, and it would be so easy to fix. Mac's not the guy. We need a real OC. The OL is the worst OL anywhere evah. We need mo betta receivers.

I don't know what to guess happens next, but my guess is that a little of all of this needs fixing. Here's my dream... Patriots Nation drags its collective turkey-filled lardbottom over to the TV where it belongs on TG night, turns on the tube, and sees all the work we did on bye week rewarded as mad bomber Mac Jones lights up the Vikings for 40. #StuffYouCantDoAgainstSauce

I’d be okay with that, but my dream is a little different. I’m with you through the bye week work being rewarded. But my dream is that the real work got done with BB sitting down with the coaching staff and clarifying that “offensive” is an attacking role, not an unpleasant aesthetic. Maybe telling Judge it’s his turn and if the results aren’t better than Matt’s his Christmas bonus will be straight out of ****ens. The real reward being an OL performance that physically abuses the Vikings as a stellar run game sets up effective play action and an unstoppable dink and dunk passing game.

Here's what I think does happen - a competitive game that is more Meyers and TEs show than flying circus, with however many many more run yards MN than wants to allow, along with a good D really challenged to contain them. And remember you cannot stop Kirk Cousins, you can only hope to contain him.
FIFY. I’m thinking the OL does a better job of run blocking because they’ve gotten it together during the bye week, plus the Vikings D isn‘t as good as our most recent opponent. We Rham it down their throats whether they want to allow it or not.

I’m having a recurring vision of Jefferson abusing Mills tonight. I’d rather see one of the Joneses take Jefferson with consistent safety help. The height differential scares me if Jon Jones is given that matchup.

Jonathan Jones is 5'10". Jefferson is 6'1' That scares you? Man the doom-and-gloomers concern troll about everything nowadays
What about Jack Jones? Could this be his coming out party?

The real reward being an OL performance that physically abuses the Vikings as a stellar run game sets up effective play action and an unstoppable dink and dunk passing game.
As much as I'd like the same, the current trend defensive alignment is 8-9 men in the box vs the Pats. I fear they're going to have to pass the defense out of that even today to have sustained ability to run the ball.

I would absolutely love a first play of the game play action pass...even a shot downfield...I know it likely wouldn't work, but it's a trend breaker in a TON of ways and will at least make the Vikes DC think.

As much as I'd like the same, the current trend defensive alignment is 8-9 men in the box vs the Pats. I fear they're going to have to pass the defense out of that even today to have sustained ability to run the ball.

I would absolutely love a first play of the game play action pass...even a shot downfield...I know it likely wouldn't work, but it's a trend breaker in a TON of ways and will at least make the Vikes DC think.
I would love to see that first play hit Thornton downfield. That might open things up a bit.

Za'Darius Smith and Danielle Hunter have 15 sacks and nearly 100 pressures between the two of them. That's a worrying stat given the sorry state of our OL.

Time for some 12 sets and more play action.

I’d be okay with that, but my dream is a little different. I’m with you through the bye week work being rewarded. But my dream is that the real work got done with BB sitting down with the coaching staff and clarifying that “offensive” is an attacking role, not an unpleasant aesthetic. Maybe telling Judge it’s his turn and if the results aren’t better than Matt’s his Christmas bonus will be straight out of ****ens. The real reward being an OL performance that physically abuses the Vikings as a stellar run game sets up effective play action and an unstoppable dink and dunk passing game.

FIFY. I’m thinking the OL does a better job of run blocking because they’ve gotten it together during the bye week, plus the Vikings D isn‘t as good as our most recent opponent. We Rham it down their throats whether they want to allow it or not.
Quoth the Good Playbook,

"Judge not, lest ye be Judged." I actually don't have a preference among the hot stove villains league, especially since we don't even really know who does what. I mean, we know that Patricia is fatter. If it were the other way around we'd probably be spitting venom about pudgy Judgy or Joe Pudge or something. I'm surprised that our savants haven't lighted on Belly Check or Smelly Czech or something, even if he is Croatian. Or whatever he is. Shlitzposting is shlitzposting whether in grade school, on some crazy hate bulletin board, or in here. Rule one, do not name your son Benjamin if your last name is Dover, unless you plan to be saddled with 12 years of home schooling. A rhyming nickname is much easier to establish than compelling commentary on capabilities.

But you didn't say any of that, you just wanted more Judge, less Patricia, okay, I neither agree nor vehemently disgree.

I like the idea of Rhamming until they can stop Rham, but I also like the idea of taking our opportunities to beat a secondary that can be had, no scratch that, can be victimized.

In Dingleberry's place, I picked the TEs to score TDs, seeing as we will look 9 feet tall and bulletproof to MN, and they are going to try not to look TOO bad getting beat downfield... they are less sus against the run than the pass.

So I think this is really a game tailor-made for a good Mac Jones showing. But it takes a LOT this season to make him really look good. I think the gift of yardage will be a simple enough matter, but the gift of red zone scoring will be harder to secure. I'd love 8 pinpoint accurat back corner fades into the end zone for Mac, but being realistic, if I'm him I want a big target who carries the ball and my stats over the goal line.

He just got hired to be a HC.
And they say there's no Belichick coaching tree.
Cliff kingsbury
Mike Vrablel
Kevin O'Connell

... we just do it through players, not our coaches. They flame out then come back to the staff.

Mrs. P is as Midwestern as the day was long back when it was longer, and she will NOT eat real Mayo.
Do tell which state. I’m a Michigan boy. St Mary’s Street, Detroit. Then four other places.

I’m thinking if David Andrews plays, that might make the difference. The warrior ethos is contagious. Onwenu playing like the All Pro he is, Strange shpowing off his elite athleticism, and Trent Brown playing up on his up and down season. RT? Who knows?

David Andrews will bring victory!

So I think this is really a game tailor-made for a good Mac Jones showing. But it takes a LOT this season to make him really look good. I think the gift of yardage will be a simple enough matter, but the gift of red zone scoring will be harder to secure. I'd love 8 pinpoint accurat back corner fades into the end zone for Mac, but being realistic, if I'm him I want a big target who carries the ball and my stats over the goal line.
sounds like Jonnu or Hunter. Although they seem to have lost Henry somewhere between last season and this one. Maybe we only get one good TE these days and this is Jonnu’s year?

You really haven’t been paying attention if you think that I’m a gloom-and-doomer.

John Jones is not 5 foot 10. He’s 5 foot 9 (and 1/8th)….feel free to check it. That’s a significant difference.

How exactly is voicing concern about the height difference between him and Jefferson gloom-and-doom? That should be at least a small concern to anyone with a brain. That is not to say that he couldn’t handle the job but it is also one argument favoring lining up Jack vs. Jefferson. Jack Jones is close to 5 foot 11 (5 10 3/4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back