Status
Not open for further replies.
Gameday Report for Sunday, November 20, 2022

Minnesota Vikings (8-2)

Did Not Participate

All Players on Offense
All Players on Defense
All Players on Special Teams

Man, what a complete lack of interest in competing against the Cowboys. They just beat the Bills and looked around at their division and said, hey, we can take a few weeks off. It wasn't just the offense, but the defense was incredibly soft. The Vikings don't have time to fix much of anything with such a short week. The Patriots know they have no margin for error and certainly are not overconfident going into this one on the road.

The Vikings that hosted Dallas remind me of that 11-1 Texans team that showed up in Foxboro in letterman jackets in 2018 and got back on the plane with a 42-14 L stitched on their coats.
That was my favorite idiot thing a team did before getting their as$es handed to them

There is no stadium tour for Gillette but they host various activities during the year that give some pretty good access. Father's day on the field, various parties for draft day, through Optum and putnum clubs, and credit card sponsors. And they usually include some cool access to various parts of the stadium.
Well that’s disappointing

So Wynn finally gets what he's probably wanted all season - gets moved back to LT - lasts about 2 drives and gets hurt on a play no one notices and is now out the next game.

Not sure what I expected.

There is no stadium tour for Gillette but they host various activities during the year that give some pretty good access. Father's day on the field, various parties for draft day, through Optum and putnum clubs, and credit card sponsors. And they usually include some cool access to various parts of the stadium.
How the beautiful people live!

So Wynn finally gets what he's probably wanted all season - gets moved back to LT - lasts about 2 drives and gets hurt on a play no one notices and is now out the next game.
Given his trajectory so far, frankly it pretty much held to historical norms for the guy.

And now Cajuste is hurt also... so... we've got Brown at LT, and a question mark at RT. So McDermott might play after being signed a few days ago... and there's no depth at all. Not a great spot. Hopefully Cannon can come back from IR after the Bills game...

No, no, pass game is fine. 0 1st Q TD's, no red zone offense, and 3 and outs to start the game from behind is where we want to be.
:D I like how everybody knows the answer and it's this one thing, and it would be so easy to fix. Mac's not the guy. We need a real OC. The OL is the worst OL anywhere evah. We need mo betta receivers.

I don't know what to guess happens next, but my guess is that a little of all of this needs fixing. Here's my dream... Patriots Nation drags its collective turkey-filled lardbottom over to the TV where it belongs on TG night, turns on the tube, and sees all the work we did on bye week rewarded as mad bomber Mac Jones lights up the Vikings for 40. #StuffYouCantDoAgainstSauce

Here's what I think does happen - a competitive game that is more Meyers and TEs show than flying circus, with however many run yards MN wants to allow, along with a good D really challenged to contain them. And remember you cannot stop Kirk Cousins, you can only hope to contain him.

Oddly feel good about this game. Watching the cowboys defense dominate the Vikings makes me think the Patriots defense can.

On offense, vikings have 31st ranked RedZone defense. (Pats have 31st ranked offense). One of them needs to break. Hopefully Mac continues his upward trajectory from last week

What great TEs have we faced?

And read my post again, I said they have a diverse offense, one that can give you trouble at any level, whether it's running game, pass to the backs in the flat with Cook, at TE, or their multiple good receivers. If we try to take away their best weapon by doubling him, we have problems everywhere else.

Hockenson is the real deal. Don't go by how the Lions played us, they're horrible.

We did badly against Andrews, we gave up 100 yards + to the 2 Jets TEs Conklin and Uzomah, we gave up 80 to Njoku and the other Browns TE. We've done better against all WRs except Miami's in the other games than we have against TEs.
There are like 8 notable TE’s as legit receiving threats in the current NFL. Let’s say kelce kittle andrews hock pitts njoku ertz goedert?
We’ve played three. I acknowledge Andrews was great against us, but that was with dugger out (and the whole defense scrambling to deal with Lamar).
Hock and njoku combined for like 65 yards and no tds in two games.
We certainly haven’t had significant TE issues this year. I don’t think this is the same defense as the last few years, either. So I don’t think there’s much evidence for it this year.

I’m having a recurring vision of Jefferson abusing Mills tonight. I’d rather see one of the Joneses take Jefferson with consistent safety help. The height differential scares me if Jon Jones is given that matchup.

And now Cajuste is hurt also... so... we've got Brown at LT, and a question mark at RT. So McDermott might play after being signed a few days ago... and there's no depth at all. Not a great spot. Hopefully Cannon can come back from IR after the Bills game...
Maybe McDermott ends up being good, we can hope, right?

(But it's everywhere... this must be like ketchup on the walls)

What happened to Miracle Whip? I buy that stuff once a year for turkey sandwiches. Dry turkey soaks it up like a sponge.

Miracle Whip > Hellmann’s

In our house growing up, Miracle Whip was the replacement for mayo. The Hellman’s traditionalists never want to hear this but MW tastes better and is not as heavy as “real mayonnaise“.

So Wynn, what even is he? When you need him, he is injured, when he is not injured, he is stinking up the place. How long will he last in the NFL? I give him 2 years after this year.
I'll say look, Wynn again, you'll say oh no, Wynn Wynn Wynn, I'm tired of Wynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes