PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for info I noted that the Packers have Quay Walker (Rookie LB) playing for them. He seems to be doing well in his first season.

I think he made a few lists for the Pats at last years draft
Yes. And we had multiple predraft meetings with Romeo Doubs, the WR from Nevada who is doing quite well. A fourth-round pick by GB.

He’s the anti-Davante Parker.

Against the Bucs he was targeted eight times. Eight completions. For 73 yards.

Yes. And we had multiple predraft meetings with Romeo Doubs, the WR from Nevada who is doing quite well. A fourth-round pick by GB.

He’s the anti-Davante Parker.

Against the Bucs he was targeted eight times. Eight completions. For 73 yards.
Please don't remind us.

Hoyer CAN win if he doesn’t puke on himself and the Pats defense can draw up something to slow down the Packers like the Vikings and Bucs did.

I said can not will. But it’s not impossible. At least Hoyer won’t be intimidated by the environment. If he sucks it’s just because he’s bad.
He doesn't get intimidated, but hopefully he doesn't do something silly like the below trying to ram into someone >100lbs again. Great block, though. With the Covid circus and that block no wonder he had a massive brain fart.

Green Bay didn't look good last night and Hoyer ,who is statistically due for a win since he has lost 11 in a row, is going to surprise Green Bay.

Patriots by 14.

I’m worried that the Packers coach might do something inappropriate. I am sure he, as an offensive-minded creative young guy, will have plays prepared if and when certain defenders from the Patriots are inserted.

Like Tavai at linebacker. That’s a guy who goes back in coverage at the speed of a receding glacier.

We may have the spectacle if Lafleur acting like Mark Wahlberg’s teddy bear on the sidelines when Slow Thigh is inevitably put in.

PFF #1 ranked CB set to play in this one

View attachment 45710

Can't wait until December 18 when Collinsworth gushes on and on about Jones to pump up his joke of a rating service. Other than Sunday Night Football which agreed to pump PFF in Collinsworth contract, I don't get why anyone in the NFL takes PFF seriously.

Is this a shot at the OL because he ain't taking a beating because of them.
It wasn't Andrews fault yesterday?
It wasn't Trent's responsibility week 1?

Agreed that Mac needs better pocket awareness.

Hey, don't forget Hoyer threw Meyers his first TD catch last year.
Hoyer is decently accurate and still as strong an arm as Mac. If they give him clean pockets in his passing attempts, he should do okay. But it'll all ride on whether they can be consistent in the run game.

Is that when we starting losing faculties??

70? Shyt, Bill has about 10 years until he is eligible to run for President, I think.

Hey, don't forget Hoyer threw Meyers his first TD catch last year.
Hoyer is decently accurate and still as strong an arm as Mac. If they give him clean pockets in his passing attempts, he should do okay. But it'll all ride on whether they can be consistent in the run game.

Mac has to go through the learning curve, no way to substitute that, but right now Hoyer could have a good game and be the better option than Mac. This might help us if it is short term - Hoyer has been good in bursts.

Going to be an interesting week. Not a lot of people will give us a chance, that's usually when BB and the Pats surprise!! Green Bay coming off a Tampa win and are 2-1. We'll need to play better and of course cut down on the turnovers which have killed us in both our losses.

I saw some of the Packers game yesterday and their defense was pretty impressive and they still have Rodgers on the offensive side so they are they are dangerous.

Also need to keep an eye on the injury front, Mac, how long is he out, do we get Meyers and Dugger back. Is Guy ok? Do we want to see Hoyer or Zappe if Mac can't go?

A lot to discuss, but getting to 2-2 with a weak stretch is imperative.
We are rightly the biggest underdog in the league this week.

This is indeed aa pre-season game.

I wonder how bad Guy's injury is. If he's out, we may see consensus binky Roberts active next week.

What we can build off is Wise's sudden rise to a solid, disruptive DE who can set the edge and get to the QB. I told my kids that Wise looked a bit like Willie Mac on Sunday. He has the body type and power, and it seems he's finally putting together the mental aspect. He seems like a leader ready to lead. Also, having Parker (who I've been harsh on so far) do what he did will cause the D have to account for him as a #1. That should start to help Meyers, Bourne, Agholor even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes