PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the Pats will rally together and beat GB.

I like this game as a win now. There is so much talent on this team.

Sounds like the start last year. Turnovers and sloppy play . Hope they settle in
Yeah Patsy, I was thinking that 2020 as well with Cam, so close in many games, just the untimely turnovers and "un clutch" performances.

This is stupid as all hell. He’s not playing any time soon, this isn’t gamesmenship it’s insane paranoia.

This will be a fascinating battle between Bill Belichick and ARod. The key to a matchup against a great QB like Rodgers will be to give him a variety of different pre-snap looks. You have to make him as confused as Bruce Jenner's taint has been these last 5 years. That's not easy to do. It's going to take a great effort from Bill's defense, because achieving that level of confusion is nearly impossible. However, we've seen Bill do it to other all-time greats in the past.

No shocker here:

I think if we can play close to a mistake free game on Offense and hang in there anything can happen. Just don't fall behind two scores and make the most of our opportunities if we get some.

I think if we can play close to a mistake free game on Offense and hang in there anything can happen. Just don't fall behind two scores and make the most of our opportunities if we get some.

Yeah, Packers have been giving up a fair clip on the ground this year (and mostly by RB's, with the exception of the Tampa game). Get a couple short fields with turnovers or punt returns and let Harris/Stevenson punch it in, then you've got a decent shot at the upset. If Hoyer has to march 75+ yards every drive, I don't think they score enough points to win, even if the D has a good game.

This will be a fascinating battle between Bill Belichick and ARod. The key to a matchup against a great QB like Rodgers will be to give him a variety of different pre-snap looks. You have to make him as confused as Bruce Jenner's taint has been these last 5 years. That's not easy to do. It's going to take a great effort from Bill's defense, because achieving that level of confusion is nearly impossible. However, we've seen Bill do it to other all-time greats in the past.
Yeah, should be very interesting. If we can limit the turnovers, I'm hoping we can stay in the game. After GB, the other games are highly winnable.

Yeah, Packers have been giving up a fair clip on the ground this year (and mostly by RB's, with the exception of the Tampa game). Get a couple short fields with turnovers or punt returns and let Harris/Stevenson punch it in, then you've got a decent shot at the upset. If Hoyer has to march 75+ yards every drive, I don't think they score enough points to win, even if the D has a good game.
Tough place to play Green bay is on a streak but anything can happen...that's why they play the games. :)

Getting everyone ready for Tuesday:

Some Jonathan Jones love: He's been playing extremely well:

JC who??
Confused Alvin Kamara GIF by New Orleans Saints

What we can build off is Wise's sudden rise to a solid, disruptive DE who can set the edge and get to the QB. I told my kids that Wise looked a bit like Willie Mac on Sunday. He has the body type and power, and it seems he's finally putting together the mental aspect. He seems like a leader ready to lead. Also, having Parker (who I've been harsh on so far) do what he did will cause the D have to account for him as a #1. That should start to help Meyers, Bourne, Agholor even more.
I like Wise, but he was able to feast on a 2nd and then 3rd string left tackle this past week. Fallelle is a stiff. He did his job and exploited an O line weakness, but don't expect him to look like a monster and have multiple sack games week in and week out.

I like Wise, but he was able to feast on a 2nd and then 3rd string left tackle this past week. Fallelle is a stiff. He did his job and exploited an O line weakness, but don't expect him to look like a monster and have multiple sack games week in and week out.
Thought we missed Three sure sacks on Lamar Sunday he has some esacape ability.:(

Wise had a good camp and I think is underrated and overlooked at times, but I want to be realistic...I don't think he's the second coming of Parsons, Von Miller etc. I think he benefitted this past week from going against a weak tackle, same against Miami.

He did his job, which is what BB always preaches which is good, but I want to keep my expectations in check.

Last edited:
Wise has had a good camp and I think is underrated and overlooked at times, but I want to be realistic...I don't think he's the second coming of Parsons, Von Miller etc. I think he benefitted this past week from going against a weak tackle, same against Miami.

He did he job, which is what BB always preaches which is good, but I want to keep my expectations in check.
We'll see what you say when gets two poatato sacks against Rodgers.:cool:

The packers defense is good.

I don't trust Hoyer.

Rodgers will manage the game and score on 2 scripted drives, and 2 other mon-scripted drives.

That's my assessment. I'm done with the "belichick will draw up a master gameplan" talk. We couldn't even stop basic design runs against Lamar, and haven't forced a punt against Josh Allen in the last 2 meetings.

Against a bad QB? I'll trust Bill this year. But against an elite one. Yes I know Rodgers is struggling statistically but he was fine in week 2, and in week 3 that Tampa defense seems legit. He do just enough against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back