PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wynn got pushed back a lot in pass protection against the Ravens. After Andrews’s problems, Wynn was the second OL problem child

Think when you’re done showing Bourne who’s boss, Matty P, you can light a fire under his lackadaisical behind?

Seems like a pretty even matchup between two anemic offenses and two pretty good defenses.

Packers 3
Pats 5

Seems like a pretty even matchup between two anemic offenses and two pretty good defenses.

Packers 3
Pats 5
Yea, stats look pretty similar. Think Bakhtiari being back (only played 56%) will improve their QB pressures allowed and their running game (already top 10). Also, Rodgers was clicking with Dobbs (perfect passer rating). On the other side, we now have Hoyer instead of Mac. Not sure how that turns out (Hoyer is very familiar w/ offense) but would expect a drop simply based on lack of chemistry with receivers. I do expect a low scoring game, which benefits the Pats.

Just came over here from "The Athletic" and Graff, the new Pats beat writer, said that the Packers likely will just play a two safety high zone D vs. the Pats. He cited that the Packers did the same vs. the Bears...allowing rushes of 4ypc while limiting 20+ yard passing plays.

I like it...it fits what we want to do on offense...pound the ball...play complementary d/ST's.....and hope we steal a Dub in Lambeau!
Precisely.

The Pats have the horses to run the ball. Run it until GB stops it. There will be throws to be made. Run and play defense = WIN

LOL enough said

Hopefully we land the number 1 overall pick. Kraft makes some big changes to our coaching staff. And we can start our rebuild over again with real talent

The fact Belichick is trotting out an offense that has 37 year old Brian Hoyer leading it as a player and Matt Patricia leading it as a coach is a fireable offense

This team is unwatchable and I wouldn’t mind chasing the number 1 overall pick
Yada yada yada, don't you have anything BETTER to do than bash EVERY decision the Pats make? Go back to TomoaBay ****y forum and be happy.

We already KNOW the discussion...
IF the Pats win, they got lucky in spite of Matt, if we lose, Bill wasn't ready for post Tom, or someone missed an assignment...
It doesn't matter, At Least 1/2 on here will bash it.
Fk them, I'm ready to go, regardless of the outcome!
#LFGPats!

Actually making the trip up from Southern Illinois. Coached their starting RG Royce Newman in high school. First time to Lambeau and seeing him play in person.
Cool story. Let us know how it goes in fabled Lambeau.

Royce Newman, a starting guard taken in the fourth round of the NFL draft? That sounds about right.

Cool story. Let us know how it goes in fabled Lambeau.

Royce Newman, a starting guard taken in the fourth round of the NFL draft? That sounds about right.
More BULL SH IT DIGS, EVERYONE Complained about Mankins too, do you think he was perfect his 1st year, or was a crappy player?

You guys kill me, Onwenu was. 6TH rdr!
Your mother is calling you upstairs to take out the trash.

Just came over here from "The Athletic" and Graff, the new Pats beat writer, said that the Packers likely will just play a two safety high zone D vs. the Pats. He cited that the Packers did the same vs. the Bears...allowing rushes of 4ypc while limiting 20+ yard passing plays.

I like it...it fits what we want to do on offense...pound the ball...play complementary d/ST's.....and hope we steal a Dub in Lambeau!

Great strategy against a team with an ok run game, shotty pass protection an inexperienced OC, communication issues and a back up QB...not.

Good morning everyone, getting you ready for a Wednesday:

If we lose, it won’t be on Brian Hoyer. It will be on people like Dave Andrews, who stunk up the joint Sunday against the Ravens. Like WJH’s vocabulary in this forum.

Prepare for the epicly beautiful experience Sunday night.

Hoyer and Lambeau will go very well together.

Hoyer actually looked decent in preseason as well. So if he doesn't do the mental mistakes and we do some dinks and dunks , we could be competitive.

I am hoping Hoyer will not make the mental mistakes that Mac is making in dozens. Our tight ends, Rham and lil Jordan might be the x factor when Hoyer takes charge .

Last edited:
Hoyer actually looked decent in preseason as well. So if he doesn't do the mental mistakes and we do some drinks and dunks , we could be competitive.

I am hoping Hoyer will not make the mental mistakes that Mac is making in dozens

That's my thinking. They have a chance to win if:

1) The defense/ST plays a good game and gives the offense a short field or two.

2) Hoyer doesn't turn the ball over (and the WR's stop playing loose with the ball as well).

3) The run game can stay positive, even though GB will likely be in run first defenses most of the night. Keep the 3rd down's a manageable distance so Hoyer can keep it simple.

Doesn't guarantee anything, especially on the road. But that's the formula they'll need. Avoiding mental penalties would be a big plus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST