PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my thinking. They have a chance to win if:

1) The defense/ST plays a good game and gives the offense a short field or two.

2) Hoyer doesn't turn the ball over (and the WR's stop playing loose with the ball as well).

3) The run game can stay positive, even though GB will likely be in run first defenses most of the night. Keep the 3rd down's a manageable distance so Hoyer can keep it simple.

Doesn't guarantee anything, especially on the road. But that's the formula they'll need. Avoiding mental penalties would be a big plus too.
I agree with all your points. It's not like GB has been lighting it up on offense, so it's up to our D to keep their scoring down.

I'm also not as down on Hoyer as others are. Sure, he's not even close to being elite but he knows the Pats offense (the old one) well. The key will be for Patricia to call plays that suit Hoyer's strengths: play action, motions, short/intermediate passes. If he's going to ask Hoyer to chuck it down the field for 50/50 balls, then we'll probably get 3+ INTs again.

GB has a good defense. They can pressure the QB and provide good secondary coverage, but you can definitely dink and dunk them down the field with quick passes. We have the horses to do that. It's imperative that we bench Lil Jordan and play Bourne way more if we want a chance to pull off an upset win.

I agree with all your points. It's not like GB has been lighting it up on offense, so it's up to our D to keep their scoring down.

I'm also not as down on Hoyer as others are. Sure, he's not even close to being elite but he knows the Pats offense (the old one) well. The key will be for Patricia to call plays that suit Hoyer's strengths: play action, motions, short/intermediate passes. If he's going to ask Hoyer to chuck it down the field for 50/50 balls, then we'll probably get 3+ INTs again.

GB has a good defense. They can pressure the QB and provide good secondary coverage, but you can definitely dink and dunk them down the field with quick passes. We have the horses to do that. It's imperative that we bench Lil Jordan and play Bourne way more if we want a chance to pull off an upset win.

Yup. I don't know if imperative is the word I would use on your last point, but that's what I'd like to see for sure. Hoyer will need players who can catch the ball short and create big plays after the catch, because his strength isn't getting big plays with air yards. Agholor could do that too, but at some point he needs to pay some penance for the fumbles (though to be fair, Bourne fumbled too it just happened to bounce right back to him).

I'm fine with Humphrey still having a role, especially in short yardage situations where his size could help Hoyer out. But anything 7 yards or longer I want to start seeing more of Bourne.

This was his best play as a pro and an instant classic!!

It's really hilarious to me every time how HARD the Giants bite on that playaction. I think there's one guy who's even looking at Etling before he's 30 yards down the field.

What we can build off is Wise's sudden rise to a solid, disruptive DE who can set the edge and get to the QB. I told my kids that Wise looked a bit like Willie Mac on Sunday. He has the body type and power, and it seems he's finally putting together the mental aspect. He seems like a leader ready to lead. Also, having Parker (who I've been harsh on so far) do what he did will cause the D have to account for him as a #1. That should start to help Meyers, Bourne, Agholor even more.
I heard that Wise did cost us in the run game losing the edge a couple times, and also that he widened instead of compressing the puller on Lamar’s biggest run. But he certainly made a few impact plays, including the sacks.

We hear a lot about how the first 4 games each year are regarded in Patriot Land as an extension of the pre-season. To me, given that the games COUNT, that has always seemed a pretty dumb view. But in tnis case, given that we have no chance whatever of winning the game, that approach probably makes sense.

That said, until Bill get his head out of his butt and hires a few competent coaches, we're not likely to have much of a chance against any opponent, aside from a few (other?) loser teams.

I'm no genius, but I know c---p when I see it.

His press conference right now is...scary in how arrogant he’s being.

This is just as brave, inspiring, and heroic as the bunker scene in Downfall.

This doesn’t go over as well when you f.ucking suck Bill.
When the GOAT coach talks, everyone listens ahahahhaha

This is just as brave, inspiring, and heroic as the bunker scene in Downfall.

This doesn’t go over as well when you f.ucking suck Bill.

So now we're comparing him to Hitler? That's where we are now?

When the GOAT coach talks, everyone listens ahahahhaha

You know that scene in Billy Madison where the kid pisses his pants and Billy steps up to defend him by pretending pissing your pants is the coolest thing?

So now we're comparing him to Hitler? That's where we are now?

Clearly it’s a deep cut reference and not one of the most famous memes of all time often used by Pats fans making fun of other teams.

This Bill Belichick press conference

antonio-banderas-yas.gif

Clearly it’s a deep cut reference and not one of the most famous memes of all time often used by Pats fans making fun of other teams.

Okay, just making sure...

I think Belichick is being smart in not talking too much about the injury. He's just being protective of his players.

I think Belichick is being smart in not talking too much about the injury. He's just being protective of his players.

I could see being skeptical of it if he was normally very forthcoming about injuries, and suddenly was being cagey about Mac Jones. But this is literally how he responds to every injury. Unless the player is put in IR, then he shifts over to the, "We're focused on players who are currently on the roster" kind of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3