PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch. He's our 3rd best defender after Judon and Jonathan Jones. He's gonna miss some key games. Need guys to step up.

No Barmore vs:

Jets
@ Vikings
Bills
@ Cardinals
assume he will also miss the Raiders game too since they'll likely stay for the week on the west coast...

I know we're down on Wynn, but he is better at RT than both Cannon and Cajuste.

I've gone over and over it, and they are both pretty bad (Cannon/Cajuste).
One thing about Wynn is it's not only his level of play. I think he's probably more talented than the other two (Cannon and Cajuste) but it's his costly penalties at the most inopportune times that kills drives and his costly pressures that he gives up. I have that image of him in my mind being pushed back while he trying to protect Mac like he was on ice. Never saw anything like it before.

Disagree - continuity is way more important, especially with the rookie to the LT's right and a very good Jets DL where the calls have to be on point first and the line having confidence on what the guy beside them is going to do. The time to make major OL switches, when NOT forced by injury, is camp.

I understand what you're saying, yet the possible caveat here is Brown and Wynn each have significant experience at both tackle spots. But who knows what the team has in mind. The real blessing is having Andrews back which should help everyone, Strange especially.

Disagree - continuity is way more important, especially with the rookie to the LT's right and a very good Jets DL where the calls have to be on point first and the line having confidence on what the guy beside them is going to do. The time to make major OL switches, when NOT forced by injury, is camp.
I understand and you could absolutely be right. I just look at it as trying to field your "best 5 players." Obviously they felt during camp that Brown was their best LT (he is) and that Wynn could be moved to the right side without a huge dropoff in performance but unfortunately that did not materialize. They tried Cannon, who seemed to do okay but obviously is up there in age and has durability concerns, and Cajuste who is still fairly raw despite being with the team for a few years now and also is kinda injury-prone himself.

I get what you mean when you say continuity but the guy at RT is changing constantly, so there really hasn't been any continuity there. The thought process here is to plug Wynn in at LT, the only position he probably has some ability to be decent at, and then shore up your RT issue by putting Mount Brown there. Wynn will probably also play motivated at LT since it'll give him a chance to get a decent contract next year if he is at least average.

You "fix" the right side by weakening the left side, the question is just whether you end up with an overall net gain in performance or not. I'm inclined to think you would, but indeed, you'd have shaken up the continuity. That said, there have been moving parts at every position except LT and RG over the past few games so how much continuity really is there right now?

Hope Bailey’s poor performance was mostly injury related.

More worried about who holds than who punts. Wouldn’t be surprised if a backup QB is holding. Hopefully Palardy has gotten some reps holding with Cardona and Folk.

Can Palardy kickoff?

Reporter: Zach, you were pretty emotional when you came off the field against them a couple of weeks ago. How do you put those emotions, keep those emotions out of the way this game?

Wilson: “Right, I thought they were good emotions. I mean I was frustrated and I still believe nobody outside of this building knows what they’re talking about.”

Reporter: Oh, well I do.

Wilson: “Yeah? Why’d you turn down a coaching position?”

Reporter: Who told you that? Are you in a good head space right now?

Wilson: “Yeah, great head space, we’re winning football games, we’re where we want to be, and there’s still so much to improve on, so from a team aspect, we’re excited with where we’re at, and it’s going to be a great challenge for us.”

Typical spoiled-jock type of response. One of the reasons why I hate so many QBs.

Hope Bailey’s poor performance was mostly injury related.

More worried about who holds than who punts. Wouldn’t be surprised if a backup QB is holding. Hopefully Palardy has gotten some reps holding with Cardona and Folk.

Can Palardy kickoff?
Joe Judge is drooling.

i(1).jpg

If Mac has to throw 3 times again to get a W then that’s what he should do.

Problem is, we haven't been able to run the ball well in over a month either.

I know we're down on Wynn, but he is better at RT than both Cannon and Cajuste.

I've gone over and over it, and they are both pretty bad (Cannon/Cajuste).

We really don't know about Cachoo yet, though I suspect we'll know more on Sunday night...

One thing about Wynn is it's not only his level of play. I think he's probably more talented than the other two (Cannon and Cajuste) but it's his costly penalties at the most inopportune times that kills drives and his costly pressures that he gives up. I have that image of him in my mind being pushed back while he trying to protect Mac like he was on ice. Never saw anything like it before.
But this is what I'm seeing from Cajuste. I saw him get abused a lot. He was the worst of the 3. Cannon can hold his own and doesn't get bull rushed, but he is on his last legs and simply can't move laterally. Of the 3, I'd trust Wynn the most. We're badly in need of not just one, but at least 2 tackles. And Trent Brown is frequently injured as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News