PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bears @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone, getting you ready for a Tuesday:

BB in a funny mood this morning Harry Big Talented little kid.
Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

This should be an easy win. Justin fields and the bears are horrible.

Some BB quotes from his presser and some of these as you can imagine are absolutely priceless:

I agree with Belichick, Fields is a threat every time he touches the ball. Unfortunately for the Bears, it is usually a threat to them rather than the opponent.

I agree with Belichick, Fields is a threat every time he touches the ball. Unfortunately for the Bears, it is usually a threat to them rather than the opponent.
Rob let's hope Fields doesn't have a career game against us you know how those things go sometimes he's a running threat.:)

So with MJ back this week, we will see a return of our passing attack for the first time in 4 weeks. A few things I will be interested to see:

1. MJ has been an absolute monster in the deep passing game this season (most deep passes completed, most deep passing yards accumulated, etc) despite a shaky start to the season for the OL. Now that the OL has stabilized, as it always does in October, I'm excited to see just how dominant this deep passing attack will be. Chicago actually has a very good secondary, but I expect MJ will shred them mercilessly.

2. Tyquan Thornton has been getting open fairly consistently, even deep down the field, but has had no one with an arm who could take advantage of him. He could have a huge breakout game here with MJ back.

3. The running attack has been dominant these last 3 games even without the threat of a passing game. Now that we can have more balance, the running game should be even more potent.

4. Matt Patricia has been brilliant since week 2. He's already better than Josh McDaniels. Combine that with the stabilization of the OL and MJ's return, and I can't wait to see his creativity this week and what he has up his sleeve. He will no longer be handcuffed like he has been the last 3 games.

It's good to have our boy back. The sky is the limit for this team.

Last edited:
Fields is absolutely a threat every time he touches the ball. Just not necessarily against his opponent.

Some Bourne injury news and something we'll be monitoring here:

If it's turf toe, put the guy on IR and let him heal. Rest is really the only way to heal from Turf toe. With 6 - DFR slots remaining, it's best to use it on a guy who is the type of Catalyst Bourne was last year.

If he’s actually not close, then that really changes the dynamic.

Let’s say Mac is still not even 90% healthy for another 2 games and so he misses the Chicago and NYJ games, and Zappe wins both. At that point Zappe is 4-0 as a starter and took Green Bay to overtime with no preparation. That’s a tough situation… and then it’s just one game (Colts) and then a bye week so you’re kind of still inclined to play Zappe again and then use the bye week to figure out what you want to do.

At the same time, the Jets and Colts games are critical to securing playoff position.

I think we won't see Jones until after the BYE week.

So with MJ back this week, we will see a return of our passing attack for the first time in 4 weeks. A few things I will be interested to see:

1. MJ has been an absolute monster in the deep passing game this season (most deep passes completed, most deep passing yards accumulated, etc) despite a shaky start to the season for the OL. Now that the OL has stabilized, as it always does in October, I'm excited to see just how dominant this deep passing attack will be. Chicago actually has a very good secondary, but I expect MJ will shred them mercilessly.

2. Tyquan Thornton has been getting open fairly consistently, even deep down the field, but has had no one with an arm who could take advantage of him. He could have a huge breakout game here with MJ back.

3. The running attack has been dominant these last 3 games even without the threat of a passing game. Now that we can have more balance, the running game should be even potent.

4. Matt Patricia has been brilliant since week 2. He's already better than Josh McDaniels. Combine that with the stabilization of the OL and MJ's return, and I can't wait to see his creativity this week and what he has up his sleaze. He will no longer be handcuffed like he has been the last 3 games.

Are you Macs Agent?

3. The running attack has been dominant these last 3 games even without the threat of a passing game. Now that we can have more balance, the running game should be even potent.

4. Matt Patricia has been brilliant since week 2. He's already better than Josh McDaniels. Combine that with the stabilization of the OL and MJ's return, and I can't wait to see his creativity this week and what he has up his sleaze. He will no longer be handcuffed like he has been the last 3 games.

Michael Jordan is back? And he’s trying football now? Wow I must have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes