PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bears @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the debate on whether we should trade up for Fields? Good times…
Agreed. Some people still think we should have drafted Fields, even after all of the evidence that supports this Bill's decision to take the vastly superior QB decision. I can't believe that Mac vs Fields is the big QB controversy that's taking over the this week.

Forgot to mention Jennings with all that is happening with the Pats now, but thought he had a really good game against the Browns: Probably the best of his career

Ash Shhhhhh he might get hurt I didn't notice.

Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce

Ash Shhhhhh he might get hurt I didn't notice.

Eddie Murphy Shut Up GIF by Bounce
Don't jinx him lol, he's coming off his best game of his career.... I have liked what I've seen so far from him...doesn't have the explosive pass rushing potential that Uche has, but he is really good at setting the edge and is an underrated pass rusher.

Chicago is a great city, other than the corrupt and/or incompetent Dem politicians and the high risk of being car-jacked and/or murdered.
Sounds a lot like Boston in the "good old days", or at least parts of it...

Don't jinx him lol, he's coming off his best game of his career.... I have liked what I've seen so far from him...doesn't have the explosive pass rushing potential that Uche has, but he is really good at setting the edge and is an underrated pass rusher.
About time one or two of those young boys step up.

We are going to humiliate the Bears in primetime. Their offense might not get past midfield all night. Thank God Fields didn't fall to 15th. Their defense blows against the run so another big night for Stevenson as he charges up the NFL leader board in rushing yards. The only question for this game is who starts at quarterback for the Patriots. The score isn't in doubt... 34-3 Patriots.

I like Lazar's analyses after the game, but I hate that he relies on Pro Football Focus for any of his analysis. Football Outsiders and their DVOA is ok even though I don't really buy into advanced analytics, but PFF is trash even if they get things right some of the time.
The following made me chortle:

According to Pro Football Focus, Zappe has yet to hit a "big-time throw" downfield.

WTF?

The part I found most interesting:

Until we can ask Jack Jones, we don't know if the occasional coverage bust is him jumping routes too aggressively or a mental breakdown. Based on the film, it looks like both instances were Jones thinking he had the flat when he had the deep-third, so mental errors. Physically, his coverage is excellent. Reads routes well, closes in a flash, and suffocates verticals (ask Amari Cooper). He just has to cut down on one or two mental mistakes a game.

Indeed, and I bet the coaches are working with him on that.

I guess what I'd say about the last two wins is that at least the opposing coaches are seeing some things they're going to have to deal with on game day from our offense. A great running game with Rham, an offense that can/does spread the ball around, game-breaking speed from Thornton. They will have a lot of things to be concerned about.

Last edited:
Should we consider it good news that Barmore''s injury status hasn't been announced yet?

Last edited:
Not for nothin'. I happened to check out a tweet from the social media section of the site. It was about the McCourty twins annual charity Bowling thing (they raised over 400k) Of course the tweet including over 40 pictures. They were a LOT of the players there., including Mac.

What was interesting to me was the NONE of them show Mac bowling. Last year they did show him bowling, Granted this is a LOT of inference, but I'm thinking if he can't bowl on monday he will be limited in practice all week and not play.

On the other hand, Lawrence Guy WAS pictured bowling, so hopefully he will be back this week and we will need him, especially given that Barmore will likely miss this game. Remember for as bad a team as the Bears are, they are SECOND in the league in rushing. (dead last in passing), so we will need all hands on deck in the front 7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference