PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers up for LB Harvey Langi & family: injured in auto accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sickened to see this. Prayers to the Langis.

Harvey seems like one of the most balanced and generally poised young men to come into Foxborough in a long time. I was very much taken with this guy as a person this summer. Very impressive.

According to the tweet, it was a 3-car MVA. So, where's the 3rd vehicle?

If it was a 3-car rear-ender (chain reaction), do we know for certain which vehicle the Langi's were in?

It looks like they were rearended into a car with a higher clearance, hence the damage up high with a relatively unscathed. It's possible that they had to peel that vehicle off to get to (assuming) the Langis.

Scary and definitely wish them a speedy recovery.

God that looks scary. Hope they both get well soon.

Looks like they used the jaws to take off the roof. That jibes with reported back injury, probably backboard and lift up through the top where the roof was removed. Hopefully it's not a serious back injury, they would treat any back pain with the same level of care and then let the ER sort it out.

Praying and lending some quickness to their recovery.

As someone who thoroughly believes in the power of prayer, I think when we pray for professional athletes, we should take the opportunity to also pray for someone we don't know in similar circumstances to the celebrity. It just seems fair for all those countless others who don't have the benefit of celebrity status to attract prayers in their time of need.

Langi is out of the hospital. No word on his wife yet.

That's great news. Thanks for posting, Tony. Let us know if you hear any updates about his wife or any other injured members.

Positive thoughts for the Langi's hope they both recover and their lives return to normal..

Do not understand why the Foxborough Firefighters posted pix of the accident on Facebook??.. Have we been reduced to this medium for information and news?? It seems to be more about the Fire Fighters and less about the Langi's...

Do not understand why the Foxborough Firefighters posted pix of the accident on Facebook??.. Have we been reduced to this medium for information and news?? It seems to be more about the Fire Fighters and less about the Langi's...

Firemen posting pictures on social media is unprofessional. Its a thankless job being a first responder. But they need to stay away from the journalism or social media aspect of the situation.

Firemen posting pictures on social media is unprofessional. Its a thankless job being a first responder. But they need to stay away from the journalism or social media aspect of the situation.

Once upon a time, and not all that long ago, there were a lot of small, locally-owned radio stations that were staffed by real, live humans who would "get the word out" to the local community about things like this. Virtually all those station are now owned and operated by one large network or other that's headquartered somewhere else in the country, and they all broadcast some pre-recorded robo-format with occasional breaks for pre-recorded, regional news.

For those of us who live in rural areas or even in smaller burgs on the outskirts of large cities, social media has begun to assume much of that news-and-information function. And a lot of my local friends and neighbors very much appreciate it.

It's had a further benefit where I live in that the FB posts by our local emergency repsonders, as well of those from nearby towns, have helped a lot more people get to know these folks a bit better as actual human beings. The result has been steadily-improving and more cooperative communication among residents, first-responders and local government officials.

I think this is a very, very good thing.

prayers to Harvey and his wife, get well soon bro

Wow...neck & head injuries smh. Not good. Praying for a full & swift recovery to all involved.

Jeeze she sounds badly injured two broken Hips? Internal injuries? Sitting at a stop light and get plowed? That happened to my wife, I wanted to kill the driver that hit her. Dont believe in suing for every little thing, best believe I sued the ****er for that.

Disagree, because the first responders depend on public funding so public awareness of their activities and value is crucial. Especially in the absence of local newspapers and radio social media is an important tool. They would be remiss to not make such posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back