PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers up for LB Harvey Langi & family: injured in auto accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the reports I've seen so far have used the non-specific terms, "head and neck" or "back" to describe Harvey's injuries, while the descriptions for Cassidy's injuries have been more specific.

I hadn't read anything about a "knee" injury for Harvey. Where did you see that?

They got a call from 1 Patriot Pl detailing their injury policy;)
Its “back“ on injury report.

Of course at the moment football is secondary..

Just heard on the news that Langi is most likely out for the year ...

hopefully Cassie and Harvey get 100% health return.

And here we have McClellins spot once Langi is on NFI.

Just heard on the news that Langi is most likely out for the year ...

hopefully Cassie and Harvey get 100% health return.
Not meaning to sound pessimistic, but I didn't think there was much question on that front. He can barely walk from what we've seen on the video. I'm guessing that there's a chance that he may not see the field again, period. Who knows if he'll be able to heal enough to get back the kind of speed that made him a fringe ST player to begin with? Head, neck, back issues can be limiting. I'm just glad that they aren't life threatening.

Not meaning to sound pessimistic, but I didn't think there was much question on that front. He can barely walk from what we've seen on the video. I'm guessing that there's a chance that he may not see the field again, period. Who knows if he'll be able to heal enough to get back the kind of speed that made him a fringe ST player to begin with? Head, neck, back issues can be limiting. I'm just glad that they aren't life threatening.

Yeah I mean how many days before he could even walk to see his wife -

From the Boston Herald:

"Foxboro police say Kevin M. Conroy, 25, of Millis was behind the wheel of the Jeep, and yesterday said Conroy faces charges including possession of a Class E substance, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, a marked lane violation, and possession of an open container of alcohol.

Conroy had unknown dosages of Gabapentin, Quetipine, and Baclofen on him at the time of the crash, according to Foxboro police Chief William Baker."

Gabapetin is an anti-seizure med that's often prescribed for bi-polar disorder (off-label).
Quetiapine (Seroquel) is an antipsychotic used to treat bi-polar disorder.
Baclofen (Lioresal) is used to treat spasticity and also acts as a muscle relaxant.

All three have a sedative effect. Mixing them with alcohol is probably not the most brilliant idea.

From the Boston Herald:

"Foxboro police say Kevin M. Conroy, 25, of Millis was behind the wheel of the Jeep, and yesterday said Conroy faces charges including possession of a Class E substance, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, a marked lane violation, and possession of an open container of alcohol.

Conroy had unknown dosages of Gabapentin, Quetipine, and Baclofen on him at the time of the crash, according to Foxboro police Chief William Baker."

Gabapetin is an anti-seizure med that's often prescribed for bi-polar disorder (off-label).
Quetiapine (Seroquel) is an antipsychotic used to treat bi-polar disorder.
Baclofen (Lioresal) is used to treat spasticity and also acts as a muscle relaxant.

All three have a sedative effect. Mixing them with alcohol is probably not the most brilliant idea.

If hes taking those drugs because he has legit medical conditions then I'm Batman.

If hes taking those drugs because he has legit medical conditions then I'm Batman.

Define "legit medical conditions". We live in a way overmedicated society and there are certainly doctors who will prescribe such ****tails rather carelessly for legitimately-diagnosed symptoms.

Define "legit medical conditions". We live in a way overmedicated society and there are certainly doctors who will prescribe such ****tails rather carelessly for legitimately-diagnosed symptoms.
My suspicion is he was getting them from a sketchy source and not to treat the actual medical conditions you mention.

Is the sketchy a doctor or a pharmacist? Maybe....

My suspicion is he was getting them from a sketchy source and not to treat the actual medical conditions you mention.

They don't charge people with prescriptions for possession of drugs, so I would say, no they were not prescribed by a doctor.

Although, who would steal bi-polar drugs?

The type of criminal who's willing (desperate enough) to break in to any vulnerable home will often take every prescription pill bottle they find, regardless whether or not they know wft it is, and then resell them to unsuspecting rubes as a great way to get a buzz. Could have been something like that.

OTOH, except maybe for the Seroquel, those are relatively obscure meds to "the street" and that wouldn't be particularly useful for getting a buzz. Also, that specific ****tail sounds more like a set of prescriptions from one source. They could even have been legitimately prescribed to treat a legitimate condition, but 25-year-olds tend to think they're bullet-proof and often ignore the warnings that come with medications, such as "don't mix with alcohol" and "don't operate motor vehicles or heavy machinery" .

They don't charge people with prescriptions for possession of drugs, so I would say, no they were not prescribed by a doctor.

Although, who would steal bi-polar drugs?

Who knows these days. Lotta shady doctors and drug stores out there

The type of criminal who's willing (desperate enough) to break in to any vulnerable home will often take every prescription pill bottle they find, regardless whether or not they know wft it is, and then resell them to unsuspecting rubes as a great way to get a buzz. Could have been something like that.

OTOH, except maybe for the Seroquel, those are relatively obscure meds to "the street" and that wouldn't be particularly useful for getting a buzz. Also, that specific ****tail sounds more like a set of prescriptions from one source. They could even have been legitimately prescribed to treat a legitimate condition, but 25-year-olds tend to think they're bullet-proof and often ignore the warnings that come with medications, such as "don't mix with alcohol" and "don't operate motor vehicles or heavy machinery" .
Maybe. Reading so much about opioids these days as I have teenagers....

I read that kids and those addicted will mix on purpose.

Maybe. Reading so much about opioids these days as I have teenagers....

I read that kids and those addicted will mix on purpose.

I definitely understand that.

Not that it would be impossible, but it would be kinda weird for a kid or typical addict to hit on that specific combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back