PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prayers up for LB Harvey Langi & family: injured in auto accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little update- last two videos are Harvey... he's getting around. Cassie on the mend..the video of the two of em' made me cry. :(

Difficult to imagine that Harvey will ever play in the NFL again.. hopefully he had the foresight to invest in an insurance policy in the event of a career ending injury..

Cannot find anything about the person who hit them.. was he/she charged???

Disagree, because the first responders depend on public funding so public awareness of their activities and value is crucial. Especially in the absence of local newspapers and radio social media is an important tool. They would be remiss to not make such posts.
I disagree. Reporting is not part of their job and may be questionable in some instances. If there is a need to make the public aware then a different means needs to be explored.

Reporting is not part of their job ...

I'm glad that no one outside of our community/region has taken it upon themselves to decide that for us. Emergency responder reporting on social media has been very beneficial to us.

It's not just the immediate "heads up" factor, although a growing number of people have begun to pay attention to those feeds - which has already helped to get local alerts out more quickly. It's also the ongoing social media presence - which has helped more people to cultivate relationships with these guys. Fewer people think of them as faceless guys in uniform, and the first responders themselves have gotten to know more of the people they serve on a personal level.

Difficult to imagine that Harvey will ever play in the NFL again.. hopefully he had the foresight to invest in an insurance policy in the event of a career ending injury.

Why would he never play again? His wife sounds banged up badly, but it wouldn't be career ending if it were him.

How bad was this?

Hopefully they both recover 100% from this. When I got my driver license my father had a serious conversation with me and I remember his words pretty clear in my mind which I hope I can pass to my own someday "A car is a weapon".

Is he on IR already, at this point in the season and it looks like he is banged up specially his left knee, I don't expect him back this year.

Wow. That looks horrific. I’ve been rear ended before but that was at 20-30mph or so. And that hurt. This looks way worse. I hope they’re ok.

Yeah I got rear-ended at 50-55 while I was at a dead stop on I-95 and I've had problems from that. My car was crushed, but nowhere near what his car was.

Hopefully they both recover 100% from this. When I got my driver license my father had a serious conversation with me and I remember his words pretty clear in my mind which I hope I can pass to my own someday "A car is a weapon".

Is he on IR already, at this point in the season and it looks like he is banged up specially his left knee, I don't expect him back this year.

All the reports I've seen so far have used the non-specific terms, "head and neck" or "back" to describe Harvey's injuries, while the descriptions for Cassidy's injuries have been more specific.

I hadn't read anything about a "knee" injury for Harvey. Where did you see that?

Yeah I got rear-ended at 50-55 while I was at a dead stop on I-95 and I've had problems from that. My car was crushed, but nowhere near what his car was.

I was driving a pre-airbag '75 Impala and got myself T-boned on the passenger side (my fault, although I was stone-cold sober) by a car doing ~60 trying to beat the yellow light. My head hit the driver's side window hard enough to shatter it, but I walked away with a minor concussion. Didn't even get taken to the hospital.

Car was totaled, of course. Heavy frame probably saved me a world of hurt.

All the reports I've seen so far have used the non-specific terms, "head and neck" or "back" to describe Harvey's injuries, while the descriptions for Cassidy's injuries have been more specific.

I hadn't read anything about a "knee" injury for Harvey. Where did you see that?

First post on this page there is some instagram pictures and videos. His knee is wrapped, apparently he can't bend, must be pretty swollen.

First post on this page there is some instagram pictures and videos. His knee is wrapped, apparently he can't bend, must be pretty swollen.

Thanks!

I may not have seen those the first time through. My script-blocker is set to high security. Tweets and Instagram pics don't show up in posts unless I adjust it to temporarily allow those scripts to run - which I have to do after every reboot.

I disagree. Reporting is not part of their job and may be questionable in some instances. If there is a need to make the public aware then a different means needs to be explored.

You're free to disagree and disapprove of the practice and my comments about it all you want. Won't change the fact that the practice has had notable benefits for the citizens in my area.

Appears to be an effort to bring some sort of justice to the person who hit the Lang's...

Pats rookie visits wife in hospital as cops review crash

Foxboro police are weighing charges against the driver who triggered a violent, three-car collision last week when he rear-ended a New England Patriots rookie linebacker and his wife as they were stopped at a red light.

Chief William Baker said his department is hoping by the end of this week to have the results of an accident reconstruction performed by Walpole police before they decide with the Norfolk District Attorney’s Office whether to charge a 25-year-old Millis driver in connection with Friday’s crash.

You're free to disagree and disapprove of the practice and my comments about it all you want. Won't change the fact that the practice has had notable benefits for the citizens in my area.
Thanks for telling me I am free to disagree. I could care less if I know the faceless first responder assisting me. I want them to do their job and don't care about the social media aspect.

1983, my wife was rear ended while stopped to turn left. Car was doing 50+ and didn't brake at all. Pushed her into on coming traffic, which t boned her on passenger side. She was driving a big station wagon. They cut her out of the car. She was on the operating table for several hours; concussion, 6 broken ribs, 2 collapsed lungs, perforated liver and spleen, spleen was removed, 9 pints of blood used, 8 transverse processes broken (bones that stabilize the spine), numerous pieces of glass embedded in her, and lacerations to face and body. She was in intensive care for 3 weeks, and required home nursing care for several months. Her station wagon was totaled, and it didn't look as bad as langi s car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back