PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post mortem: stay or go?

Hunter Henry needs to go.

Pats save 10 million. 500 yards and 2 TDs is not what were looking for. Draft a big target TE

Jonnu cant go. 19 million in dead cap money if he is gone.
Post Jun 1st trade. Trade him back to TEN where they knew how to use him.
SmartSelect_20230111_092645_Firefox.jpg

Cap space down to $35.7M after PS signings.

NE is a graveyard for WRs. It's been for a while even back in the Brady days.

If I were a coveted WR I'd be pissed to be drafted by NE. Agents should be giving advice to FA WR's to look for other places unless it's the only offer they have. That doesn't mean Dobsons or Harry's of the world were poor wronged victims and were not garbage, but you know what I mean.

I'd keep Meyers even at a 12 Mi figure, in a well structured contract to give the team some way out in 2 years that's more or less the Mac window.

I dont think jacobi is gonna be worth what someone might pay him. Id lean towards gone unless hes in the 10m range somehow. Hopefully go after an upgrade to go with parker/bourne/thornton.

Jon jones hopefully isn’t too hard to retain at 30. Guessing the 10m per range… worth it.

Mcdermott , ekuale, and peppers on the cheap, solid depth / role players.

Myles is gonna be back, hes a rfa and bb seems to like him. He’ll tender low and pay him peanuts this year before the bidding war of ‘24.

Dmac and slater retire likely, but honestly would take either back if they please. Eliminates a need

Free Agents
D-Mac: Go :( I think he will retire though.
Slater: Stay but likewise.
J Jones: Go
Meyers: Go :( Will cost a lot IMO
Bryant: Go
Agholor: Go. Thank u next
Wynn: Go. Thank u next
McDermott: Go. I'm sure they can find depth that is better
Peppers: Stay
Ekuale: Stay
Cardona: Stay
Ferentz: Go
Cody Davis: Stay
McMillan: Go
M Wilson: Go
Harris: Go :( If there was a way he could guarantee he'd stay healthy then stay.
Cannon: Go. He done.
Cajuste: Stay
Carl Davis: Stay
Palardy: Go. Had a good game yesterday but he was terrible this season.
Slowjuan: Go. Thank u next
Wilkerson: Stay

Meyers & Jonathan Jones are the Only players on this list whom I would make a Major effort to re-sign;

I'd like to see Peppers after a full year of health, but not for Big bucks or more than a couple of years;

McMillan & Mack Wilson too, but for even Fewer bucks & only one year;

McDermott can stay to compete for a Swing Tackle spot, but only on a One-year, vet-minimum deal;

Same with Carl's Junior Davis for a backup 0/1-tech;

Pity that the Bad Omen is so unreliable, but there's always been plenty of fish in that sea;

Don't want Myles of Space, Agholor, Lose/Lose, Thanksdad, Cannonfodder, Cachoo, Palardy & SloJuan back UNDER ANY F UCKING CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.

Agree Meyers athleticism on jump balls showed a lot this last game . The FA WR class this year sucks . If it is below 12 million get Meyers in .

Problem was paying 25 million for Tight ends and not knowing how to gameplan with them . That's what killed this team along with swinging the fences for agholor and Wynn . 50 million of cap space on 4 players watered away.

The team didn't "swing for the fences" with Agholor and Wynn. Wynn was cheap regardless of which OT spot he played. Agholor was slightly over-paid but he it was McDaniels who wanted him. And it was McDaniels who couldn't get him acclimated and used properly.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back