PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the days when the GDT used to be a great game day companion...

those-were-the-days.jpg

Going back to celebrate the win, have at er negative nancy's... :D

WHERE'S NEM?!?

So,hey, look what i found.

Pats Fan- 21 year season ticket holder - Might become a Texans fan - Houston Texans Message Boards

I think we should clean house. Any other "super patriotic" Pats fans wanna jump ship like this loser? All those precious Texans stood for the anthem. You should go root for that team.
I saw that too. Some people just want attention.

If players expressing their free speech rights in a calm, non violent manner somehow offends you enough to disown your favorite team, you were never really a fan.

Can't stand these look at me B's.

So you're going to believe someone on the internet who's probably not a Pats fan (but pretending to be one)?

I don't care if he's a real Pats fan or not, but I saw plenty annoying users sharing a similar opinion in the game thread and thought they'd like to go join a "real American team." Just trying to help out.

Put another 4th quarter comeback win on Brady's resume.

Lot of bad football in the NFL to go all around. Jets, Bills, Bears, Jags take certain defeat to victory. All this before the ball was even snapped on Sunday. Nothing is for certain and its only week 3 so there is plenty of time to get better.

Was very impressed with Houston's defense in the 2nd half. It seemed every time TFB extended his arm to make a pass, there was a Texan there to chop it out. They are very good and this oline needs to improve to a higher level for just these types of defenses come playoff time.

Watson came very close to becoming the first rookie to beat a Pats defense in the BB era. Color me impressed, he did well and whether or not you think this defense sucks, he deserves a ton of credit for extended the plays and creating the open receivers. Fantastic throw to their te on the one play that very few other rookies/seasoned vets could of made. Oh yeah, he's. slippery too. Looked to see if I could go back and find one hold on their oline that I could blame that first down on after 5 misses and it was clean blocking. Just a combination of a chicken with young legs with a ton of elusiveness and poor tackling by Pats.

Unlike some I'm not too worried by the secondary. Lot of dislike for McCourty in the game day thread, go figure. Imo, all can be corrected, the talent is enormous and you can't fix that if its broken.

Dline played pretty well, thought they handled the run decently. LB's are probably weak link on the team right now. It would be nice to have Hightower back in the lineup for next week.

Brady is a rockstar and they close out week 3 with a win. Cooks should be off the radar because I think this is what most imagined when they traded for him. League should consider itself lucky they aren't dealing with Edelman, Hogan, Cooks and Gronk.

Ot. Great catch by Amendola to set up the game winner to Cooks. No easy catch by any means.

Way for Hollister to hold onto to that one ball while getting destroyed. From what little I've seen, it seems like he may have a future if he keeps working at it.

Thought Obrien and coaches outcoached BB and coaches in 2nd half. Its so rare to see because it hardly ever happens. But when it does you take notice. However, Brady is the goat so it didn't matter in the end.

Good win. They will get better as the weeks go on. Hopefully to championship caliber by December.

Thought there should have been a penalty on the Hollister hit since Gilmore got flagged earlier.

Flag both or neither!

I saw that too. Some people just want attention.

If players expressing their free speech rights in a calm, non violent manner somehow offends you enough to disown your favorite team, you were never really a fan.

Can't stand these look at me B's.

Your post is both ridiculous and in the wrong thread.

I thought we could have pulled away and played from ahead making the game not nearly as close. But then Nate Solder totally shat the bed against Mercilus.

Once the pressure was on our defense wasn't rising to the occasion.

I thought we could have pulled away and played from ahead making the game not nearly as close. But then Nate Solder totally shat the bed against Mercilus.

Once the pressure was on our defense wasn't rising to the occasion.

Yup, Nate whiffed badly on that one.

Is hitting a WR in the head with your arm when he's trying to catch the ball illegal?

HTyCzvh.jpg

So any Texans fans crying saying it wasn't a catch. OK. Give the Pats the 15 yard penalty and 4 cracks from the 10 with 1 timeout and 24 seconds left.

Quick hitters:

1. Brady: G.O.A.T., another day at the office
  2. Cooks is really dictating coverage. Having him and Gronk out there is almost too much for opponents. If only Edelman....
  3. Without Hightower, this LB corps is a steaming pile
  4. Without Branch playing up to his level, the DL isn't much better than the LB corps without Hightower
  5. Dear Marcus, get well soon immediately
  6. Anyone know when Nate Solder will be back and ready to play football this season?
  7. Dear Josh, use the double 3dRB sets more, please
  8. This OL sucks at run blocking right now (several times not helped by play calling)

That's good enough for a start, I think

I will never see an athlete in my lifetime who is as clutch as tom brady

Maybe you should have limited to the NFL because in other sports there are similar greats as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes