PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The O-Line DOES NOT suck!!! We went against one of the best Defenses in the league that consisted of Watt, Clowney, Mercilus & others. Also, we were missing our best O-Lineman.

Next week will be yet another challenge. Looking forward to it.

Did Watt get a sack today?
I believe he is still shut out vs Pats, right?
Clowney gives us trouble, maybe as a result of focus on Watt.
Like having 2 #1 quality WR. One is gonna have a day.

I haven't read all 10 pages, but an interesting visual just before the go-ahead score was a gassed JJ Watt taking off his helmet.

First choice is always pooping all over the other team like Jax did with Balmer. Second choice is, if you're in an ugly game, win as ugly as necessary. That's just football, most teams, most years.

We won turnovers, they won time of possession. We gave up yards in chunks. They shut us down on the ground. We had TFB.

Yeah this team needs to gel. This is the September edition. In years past, the delta between September and December has been decidedly better in New England than elsewhere. I hope that's the case this year.

Not to be too much of a polyanna, but everybody whining about Cooks being only on pace for 1000 receiving yards through two games? (Worst bust evah, etc.)? I think he might be a bit better than you were giving him credit for. What can I say, I like silver linings... even when it's the WORST WIN OF ALL TIME.

Xanax for everybody!

Did Watt get a sack today?
I believe he is still shut out vs Pats, right?
Clowney gives us trouble, maybe as a result of focus on Watt.
Like having 2 #1 quality WR. One is gonna have a day.
Watt has got to be sick right now after that one.. You could see he really wanted/thought they had it. Lol

Should have worn the varsity jackets, would have put them over the top.

Is hitting a WR in the head with your arm when he's trying to catch the ball illegal?

Thankfully for NE that DB was a dope. He should have shoved or bodychecked Cooks so he'd have landed OOB. The NFL eliminated the forceout a number of years ago, so it would have been an incomplete pass had he done so.

It was a reply to a post in this thread, so yea, right thread.. but thanks for your input.

My opinion is just as valid as those who are offended by the players, so yea, thanks again for your input.

Your post was ****, and it didn't belong in this thread. The other post was also ****, and it didn't belong in this thread either. I'd posted that separately, but the post didn't go through and I didn't catch that. There's a thread for that nonsense, and the politics don't belong in this thread.

I was extremely impressed with Watson today. I fully expected him to be inaccurate (like the early pass that he bounced) but that was not the case at all. Both TD passes were exceptional and fit into tight windows. The threat of the QB option made it difficult to key on the RB and that seemed to cause of some of their 2nd half running success but that's just my uneducated guess. Hightower would definitely have helped. Most frustrating issue on D was inability to take advantage of long yardage situations after a penalty.

I was extremely impressed with Watson today. I fully expected him to be inaccurate (like the early pass that he bounced) but that was not the case at all. Both TD passes were exceptional and fit into tight windows. The threat of the QB option made it difficult to key on the RB and that seemed to cause of some of their 2nd half running success but that's just my uneducated guess. Hightower would definitely have helped. Most frustrating issue on D was inability to take advantage of long yardage situations after a penalty.
Watson was not easily rattled, poised and in control. The Texans have their QB.

Just in awe.

Our kids will tell the tales, and the new kiddos will say
Mom tell Grandpa to shaddap with all his BS.

Heh

Please name the last "mobile" QB prior to Watson that was a problem for the Patriots.. Thanks.. I'll wait..

I agree with his point, from the way the games feel.
Probably just amounts to moments of stress, as they have this habit of winning.

Ben makes me nervous in the same way. Introduces Random. I don't prefer that.
Heh.

Quick hitters:
  1. Anyone know when Nate Solder will be back and ready to play football this season?

1. Nate Solder is done after this year. The Pats will pick a LT with their 1 or 2 next draft.

Your post was ****, and it didn't belong in this thread. The other post was also ****, and it didn't belong in this thread either. I'd posted that separately, but the post didn't go through and I didn't catch that. There's a thread for that nonsense, and the politics don't belong in this thread.
Once again, thanks for your input. Still DGAF.

We need cannon back next week. I can't stomach seeing our 40 year old QB getting drilled left and right. 5 sacks. Our line play has to get better

Another quick note:

For various reasons, obviously, I was happy with the w/l outcome of every 1 o'clock game save the Falcons/Lions

Pats still look terrible considering, let's not sugarcoat it. Defense BLOWS and Oline sucks.
Perfect summary ....oh and I would add piss poor coaching!!!.....we have nowhere to go but UP!!! Take hat off to Texans ....they played really well and deserved the W.....just can’t EVER count out the GOAT TFB!!!! The legend continues....time for them all to get back to work tho....a lot of issues to deal with.....GO PATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST