PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
o'brien should have went for it on 4th down..they win the game
I was shocked....paper bag defense....couldn’t stop them all day....get 1-2 more first downs.... you get a well deserved win....very impressed by their rook QB....just have to see if he can keep it going

It's awful still. If brady was still in his early 30s then it wouldn't be a problem. He's the franchise. We can't let him get hit like that game in and game out
I'd argue he's in better shape than he was in his 30s ;)

Texans got Bradyed, and tbh I was expecting it. Incredible throw and Catch for the game winner.. Cooks and Brady look to be syncing.. Good win but tons of room for improvement.
Texans outplayed pats all game..reminds me of last years super bowl.....Texans got gassed and O’Brien made a horrible decision not to go for it on 4th and 1.....but we will take the W....but Bill and his coaches and the entire team looked like crap for much of the game.....Luckily TFB was able to lead another great comeback and Texans D was pretty fried!!!

Good points

QUOTE="FreeTedWilliams, post: 5095384, member: 3042"]I don't think you can discount the job Gronk did chipping JJ Watt. On almost every pass play, Gronk would hit him first and then realease, giving Waddle plenty of time to set up to block Watt. Pass catching, unless you hold him, you can not stop him.

I think the defense was awful, the secondary was terrible, McCoutry was terrible. I can only hope that Hightower gets healthy quick.

Cooks was amazing, and once again for the 999th time, Danny Amendola came up with a huge catch in crunch time.

Only Tom Brady wins this game, any other QB in the history of the world, the Pat's lose this game.[/QUOTE]

I am so glad we didn't win like the Falcons did today. Every conspiracy theorist in the league would be jerking themselves raw over the whole "refs in the bag for the Pats!" narrative.

So Brady's now thrown TDs to 67 different players. That's the record for most while QB of a given team. The overall record is 70, by Vinny T. So what 4 players that haven't caught a TD ever from Brady have the best chance to get one this season?

Dude let’s be honest.....this team got its collective *** handed to them today and were totally outplayed on both sides of the ball and outcoached. A couple more completions by Texans , and yes a great comeback drive by the GOAT and we wouldn’t be celebrating....Pats will take the W and move on....but they all have a ton of holes to fill and areas to address.

Outcoached? BOBs calls might have cost this underperforming team another win.
All the bums blow it on the challenges.
And not going for it on that 4th down. I was happy Pats fgot the stop, D when they neede it, but I don't think they would have done it again.

The variable to me was Deshaun's passing. That had not been seen before. He hit some tight windows, in close coverage. Kid was really terrific. Escaped pressure, stayed cool. He is going to be a problem. Until he gets injured, like for example, Cam Newton now. Happens to them all.
I suspect Wilson is hurting.

This was a painful loss for Patriots West. You know they wanted this one, badly. They will remember it, as will our guys. Winning when everything is not perfect is a big deal. Kids onthe team have already been through a lot of crap, on the Patriots scale of things.

Wasn't long ago, before edelman's heartbreaking injury, most folks believed they were pretty much unbeatable. None of that nonsense now, everyone knows it, and everyone knows to hang in there. BB won't have to tell them, they already know. Good stuff.

Full disclosure, I had to consult my name lookupo list for Watsons spelling:

The De's:
DeAndre Smelter 49ers WR
DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR
DeAndrew White Waived by Hou
DeAngelo Hall Redskin S
De’Angelo Henderson Bronco RB
DeAngelo williams Former Steeler RB
DeAngelo Yancey Pack WR
Dede Westbrook Jag WR
Dejaun Butler Saint CB
Delvin Breaux NO CB
Demar Dotson Jag T
Demarco Murray Atl RB
Demarcus Robinson KC WR
DeMarcus Walker Bronco
De’Mard Llorens FA RB
Demario Davis Jet WR
Denard Robinson Cowboy RB
Denico Autry Raider DL
Deone Bucannon Card LB
Deonte Thompson Bear
DaQuan Jones
De’Quan Hampton Saint WR
Derron Smith Bengal CB
DeSean Jackson Buc WR
Deshaun Watson Texan 1st rd QB
DeShawn Shead Sea CB
DeShone Kizer, Cle QB
Desmond Trufant Falcon CB
DeVante Parker Mia WR
De’Vondre Campbell LB
Devonta Freeman Atl RB

I am so glad we didn't win like the Falcons did today. Every conspiracy theorist in the league would be jerking themselves raw over the whole "refs in the bag for the Pats!" narrative.
Don't worry, they still are.

Cool story, Breaux.

So Brady's now thrown TDs to 67 different players. That's the record for most while QB of a given team. The overall record is 70, by Vinny T. So what 4 players that haven't caught a TD ever from Brady have the best chance to get one this season?

Dwayne Allen, Mike Gillislee, Phillip Dorsett, Jacob Hollister would be my bet. Seems super doable, probably more likely than not that it'll happen this year.

I'm not sure I see the logic in claiming the Pats were outplayed and outcoached in every phase of a game that they won. If that were true, it kinda stands to reason that they would have lost the game, you know?

Dorsett, Allen, hollister, gilleslie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back