PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offensive line will look better when Cannon is back, and even banged the **** up we still have a really potent receiving corps. Loooved what we got out of Cooks, this kid is something else.

I am not worried about the offense. Everyone has to stay healthy though including gronk. Defense should be the main concern. I am really surprised at how the secondary has looked at times.

Last edited:
The Texans are getting closer to us. They had secondary issues today also and they will iron those out. Their front seven is for real - we have not faced Clowney and Watt together before now.

So are the Texans the only one that are allowed to iron out their issues? Or can the Pats iron out their issues too?

There has not been much chatter about the heat. But I had thought it played for the texans, they live in this crap. I thought our guys looked like they were struggling. I went outside for about two minutes, ran back into the AC

Good hard fought win.
Looking forward to some blowouts. This one again, seemed to start out that way...
I think it means I am spoiled.
Just winning really isn't enough anymore, right?

Heh

Can't ever remember last 90 deg game at Gillette and I have been going since '99

Wow, what a comeback....Tom was amazing on that last drive along with Cooks and Danny making huge catches!!!!

Certainly wasn't perfect, but a win is a win!!!!

For all you posters saying Brady is done....

Mike Loyko‏ @NEPD_Loyko 1m1 minute ago
Just a hunch, not sure Jimmy Garoppolo could have orchestrated such a come back.

Let's discuss
Nice win for sure. Pats great Offensively. Defense took a knee though.

What we are seeing with Brady is a generational great, playing at a legendary level. We may never see anything like this ever again. I still can’t believe how honored I am to witness his greatness on a weekly basis. Just at a loss for words to describe him. 93 yard drive to win this game, sacked 5 times in the game, hit 8 times in the game, yet he never, ever gives up.

They used to say, the way to stop Brady is to beat him up, hit him, sack him, but even that doesn’t work anymore. It used to work, but not anymore. He just picks himself up and continues to attack. He’s like the Terminator, he will NEVER give up.

as I said elsewhere.....you really have to chalk this one up as a divisional game, these teams know each other so well.....everything kind of goes out the window in a game like this

if you've watched this team, you know how it works......the defense especially is a work in progress; every year is a new year - come december this staff will have mounds of tape on everyone else, and will have a good long look at our guys, and things will come together......personally i like what i've seen out of this team so far.....on the defensive side the secondary has a ways to go.....they have new bodies and have had some guys in and out; they seem to be not all on the same page all the time, but that will improve.....too many horses back there for it not to happen......LB play has been without their stud and their leader and their green dot guy for 2.5+ games, that whole unit will improve when he's there......and gotta like what we've seen out of some of the new pieces in the front........i've been frustrated with this D but not worried

offensively, cooks might be the most complete WR at the optimal time in his caree that TB12 has ever had.......Dola just makes big catches, Hogan is just a playmaker.....Gronk is pretty darn close to the GOAT, and the stable of running backs hasn't even hit their stride yet.......we know the OL has Scar and is going to be there in the end

2-1 with two more very winnable games coming up.......i'm a happy fan

Brady's next book "Redefining the word cliff- A Tom Brady story."

Forward by:

cliff-clavin.jpeg

What we are seeing with Brady is a generational great, playing at a legendary level. We may never see anything like this ever again. I still can’t believe how honored I am to witness his greatness on a weekly basis. Just at a loss for words to describe him. 93 yard drive to win this game, sacked 5 times in the game, hit 8 times in the game, yet he never, ever gives up.

They used to say, the way to stop Brady is to beat him up, hit him, sack him, but even that doesn’t work anymore. It used to work, but not anymore. He just picks himself up and continues to attack. He’s like the Terminator, he will NEVER give up.

I agree. Except on a generational limit. Can't think of anyone, from any sport, any era that compares to this? Nobody went this long. Crazy thing is, with some breaks on injuries...
A healthy Gronk gets them to two more Superbowls. No BS
Then, 3-4 more times knocking on the door, a play or player away.
Yankees, Canadiens, Celts had crazy runs, but there was not the personnel turnover.
We are not going to see this again.

Have watched every Brady game, most more than once.
Still shake my head in disbelief, in awe. Today was as toughed out, great win.
Same thing, closing of the game, cameras zoom on to the nervousness
of the opponent on the sideline.

They know they have no chance.
Watt banging his head.
They will lose sleep over this one.
Great win really.

Good point about him no longer shying to pressure.
That really is true. First time I have seen anyone mention it.
But you are right. A demon he has conquered, somehow as he got older.
Once in 3 lifetime man.

Too chatty today, but I am really on a buzz about this one.
And nobody here to pester about it.
This was a tough, great, character builder of a win.

I think our O is starting to gel but our D needs more time and players to step it up a notch. I think give them till game 8 to analyze the D more.

I did not get to finish the game, but looking at Cooks TD, it is clear that the ball hit the ground out of bounds. What did review say? I don't hear any noise on an issue I believe should be mentioned?

Last edited:
I agree. Except on a generational limit. Can't think of anyone, from any sport, any era that compares to this? Nobody went this long. Crazy thing is, with some breaks on injuries...
A healthy Gronk gets them to two more Superbowls. No BS
Then, 3-4 more times knocking on the door, a play or player away.
Yankees, Canadiens, Celts had crazy runs, but there was not the personnel turnover.
We are not going to see this again.

Have watched every Brady game, most more than once.
Still shake my head in disbelief, in awe. Today was as toughed out, great win.
Same thing, closing of the game, cameras zoom on to the nervousness
of the opponent on the sideline.

They know they have no chance.
Watt banging his head.
They will lose sleep over this one.
Great win really.

Good point about him no longer shying to pressure.
That really is true. First time I have seen anyone mention it.
But you are right. A demon he has conquered, somehow as he got older.
Once in 3 lifetime man.

Too chatty today, but I am really on a buzz about this one.
And nobody here to pester about it.
This was a tough, great, character builder of a win.

Is this like, song lyrics?

I did not get to finish the game, but looking at Cooks TD, it is clear that the ball hit the ground out of bounds. What did review say? I don't any noise on an issue I believe should be mentioned?

Ball can hit the ground all day as long as the receiver has control of it. We may have been lucky in that there was no camera angle to show it moving out of his grasp.

Short week coming. Gonna be interesting to see if they sit hightower. The panthers might play better but they're very limited on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back