PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Texans @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Texans are getting closer to us. They had secondary issues today also and they will iron those out. Their front seven is for real - we have not faced Clowney and Watt together before now.

Yeah, the boost in QB play can't be overstated. Watson is nowhere near a finished product, and I wouldn't even call him a league-average starter yet, but he's an enormous upgrade from the likes of Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler. If one of those stiffs had been QBing today, we'd have won 40-14 or something.

I was shocked....paper bag defense....couldn’t stop them all day....get 1-2 more first downs.... you get a well deserved win....very impressed by their rook QB....just have to see if he can keep it going
Yeah I was actually fearing that they would go for it and I think they should have. Pats defense was struggling mightily. Of course the logical decision in that spot is to take the FG but I wouldn't have bet on Brady not scoring the TD. Could have sealed it right there and then.

Yeah, the boost in QB play can't be overstated. Watson is nowhere near a finished product, and I wouldn't even call him a league-average starter yet, but he's an enormous upgrade from the likes of Tom Savage and Brock Osweiler. If one of those stiffs had been QBing today, we'd have won 40-14 or something.

I think watson's overrated but we will see.

OT: Watching Pack/Bungles OT
Romo is great. Like watching Watson today, a bit of shock and disbelief.
Natural.
Hope he can keep it up, ignore the critics and complaints.

Reminds me how lousy whoever did the Pats game today was.
Guy did no homework at all, the convo had shifted to the Pats ever changing personnel.
Dude struggled to name TB and BB.
Nothin.

Romo has already changed the deal.
No more Dan Dierdorfs thanks.
Good.

Outcoached? BOBs calls might have cost this underperforming team another win.
All the bums blow it on the challenges.
And not going for it on that 4th down. I was happy Pats fgot the stop, D when they neede it, but I don't think they would have done it again.

The variable to me was Deshaun's passing. That had not been seen before. He hit some tight windows, in close coverage. Kid was really terrific. Escaped pressure, stayed cool. He is going to be a problem. Until he gets injured, like for example, Cam Newton now. Happens to them all.
I suspect Wilson is hurting.

This was a painful loss for Patriots West. You know they wanted this one, badly. They will remember it, as will our guys. Winning when everything is not perfect is a big deal. Kids onthe team have already been through a lot of crap, on the Patriots scale of things.

Wasn't long ago, before edelman's heartbreaking injury, most folks believed they were pretty much unbeatable. None of that nonsense now, everyone knows it, and everyone knows to hang in there. BB won't have to tell them, they already know. Good stuff.

Full disclosure, I had to consult my name lookupo list for Watsons spelling:

The De's:
DeAndre Smelter 49ers WR
DeAndre Hopkins HOU WR
DeAndrew White Waived by Hou
DeAngelo Hall Redskin S
De’Angelo Henderson Bronco RB
DeAngelo williams Former Steeler RB
DeAngelo Yancey Pack WR
Dede Westbrook Jag WR
Dejaun Butler Saint CB
Delvin Breaux NO CB
Demar Dotson Jag T
Demarco Murray Atl RB
Demarcus Robinson KC WR
DeMarcus Walker Bronco
De’Mard Llorens FA RB
Demario Davis Jet WR
Denard Robinson Cowboy RB
Denico Autry Raider DL
Deone Bucannon Card LB
Deonte Thompson Bear
DaQuan Jones
De’Quan Hampton Saint WR
Derron Smith Bengal CB
DeSean Jackson Buc WR
Deshaun Watson Texan 1st rd QB
DeShawn Shead Sea CB
DeShone Kizer, Cle QB
Desmond Trufant Falcon CB
DeVante Parker Mia WR
De’Vondre Campbell LB
Devonta Freeman Atl RB
I didn't realize that there were so many players of French DeScent in the NFL.

What Igot from this game is the 100% confirmation that Brady has not yet declined and is stillelite for the 2017 season. I don't want to hear "8-8" or "Brady has regressed" anymore! We'd be 1-2 or 0-3 without Brady and at times he is carrying this team on his shoulders.

Brady is the best 40 year old QB in NFL history and I am convinced he can play at a high level at 41 as well.

What Igot from this game is the 100% confirmation that Brady has not yet declined and is stillelite for the 2017 season. I don't want to hear "8-8" or "Brady has regressed" anymore! We'd be 1-2 or 0-3 without Brady and at times he is carrying this team on his shoulders.

Brady is the best 40 year old QB in NFL history and I am convinced he can play at a high level at 41 as well.

Really, going back 10 years now I have reminded myself to be thankful the man is still around.
Feel lucky to be here to see it. At this point, there is nothing to compare him to, from any sport. I can't think of one. Mario Andretti went a long time, but wasn't dominating. Gordie Howe played forever, but again, he wasn't the best player in the darn league.

who compares? I can't think of one.

What a comeback by Brady. But the defense has to improve vastly. I think the defense is last in points allowed. Too many big plays are given up.

What a comeback by Brady. But the defense has to improve vastly. I think the defense is last in points allowed. Too many big plays are given up.
The big plays are a big issue

Deep painful chunks, since pre-season.
I have the habit of holding my breath on the deep passes.
Then if incomplete, holding a few more waiting for a flag.

They really do have some work to do there.

Just got home...may have been the hottest game I have been to...90 felt like 92...I am so dehydrated right now..but that throw and catch by cooks...WOW

Cooks has his coming out party today. Hogan and Gronk were all studs on O

Didn't see the game thread, were people seriously blaming politics for the defense being bad?

People have lost their minds. I was working with the public, walked away last February.
It is some sort of mania, collective panic attack.

I would tell people, hey, see, the sky is still blue, not falling on your head.
Look, trees, birds, Brady Super Bowls...

They seem determined to be miserable, to find things to be angy about and react disproportionately.

Be careful out there, it really is nutty.

This defense, man. It is really pissing me off.

I was keeping notes throughout the game and I think I started complaining about not spying on Watson by like, the 10 minute mark of the 1st quarter.

1st down, run for 3-5.
2nd down, run or pass for 3-4 more yards.
3rd down, Watson scrambles for a first down.

If I wasn't losing hair I'd tear it out.

The D really needs to do something about playing against option qb's. That seems to be BB Achilles heel.

Offensive line will look better when Cannon is back, and even banged the **** up we still have a really potent receiving corps. Loooved what we got out of Cooks, this kid is something else.

Just got home...may have been the hottest game I have been to...90 felt like 92...I am so dehydrated right now..but that throw and catch by cooks...WOW

Cooks has his coming out party today. Hogan and Gronk were all studs on O

There has not been much chatter about the heat. But I had thought it played for the texans, they live in this crap. I thought our guys looked like they were struggling. I went outside for about two minutes, ran back into the AC

Good hard fought win.
Looking forward to some blowouts. This one again, seemed to start out that way...
I think it means I am spoiled.
Just winning really isn't enough anymore, right?

Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST