PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who will start at QB against Buffalo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will start at QB against Buffalo

• Cam should start, but Bill will go with Stidham

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so. Pats can do so much better than Stidham if they're looking for a franchise QB.
You have died maybe 1000 deaths on this hill so unnecessarily. It's mindblowing how stubborn you are

3 reasons stidham should start.

1) The team (we) will know more about his abilities before the draft.

2) it gets stidham more experience.

3) it saves cam from further injury... either running the ball or "blindly" taking front side sacks. He has nothing more he can prove this season. From his standpoint, it's the best thing for his career at this point.

The coaches already know what Stidham can do.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yeah, McDaniels is basically saying what Belichick has said, Cam gives the Pats the best chance to win. That being said, I think the Pats get killed by the Bills. Then maybe we see Stidham against the Jets.

The coaches already know what Stidham can do.

I don't know where a subset of this board got the idea that a coaching staff can have a player on their team for two years and not know how good he is came from, but it's pretty ridiculous. Especially this coaching staff.

too late to tank?
We should have done that when we were 2-5. Instead we beat two of the worst teams in the league, the Ravens in a freakin monsoon, and the Cardinals which was the only impressive win against a good team. If we tanked we were probably talking about drafting Fields, Lance or Jones. Now we are debating if we will have to draft the 5th ranked QB in the draft or praying one falls.

There is no downside to starting Stidham. We are out of the playoffs. What's the worse that can happen? We lose and get a better draft position? They could always replace him in game with Cam if he plays so badly.

There is no downside to starting Stidham. We are out of the playoffs. What's the worse that can happen? We lose and get a better draft position? They could always replace him in game with Cam if he plays so badly.
The downside is that he looks awful and we lose the minscule chance we had of flipping him for a 7th. Oh and also the team just takes it as waving the white flag and they all check out and now you have a bad layover into next year.

Really the bigger question is what is the upside to starting Stidham? And the only real upside is this weird notion that Bill doesn't know what he has and needs to start him to see what he has, which has very unsound foundation. Like I can't help but think it's nothing more than a desperate fanbase wanting to throw **** against the wall to see what works because an .500 level season is unconsionable.

Albert Einstein famously stated: "Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.”

The man who had his dog choose the team's draft has clearly decided to test this principal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side Note:
As a Panther, guess who said: Yeah we just lost a great player, but the Titanic still has to go

1609026709797.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Side Note 2.0:
I think I read somewhere Bill was recently spotted yelling at a tree: F*%k the GQ pretty boy, I don't need TDs to win

1609026758404.png

Last edited:
I don't know where a subset of this board got the idea that a coaching staff can have a player on their team for two years and not know how good he is came from, but it's pretty ridiculous. Especially this coaching staff.
They absolutely know how "good" he is, but how easily he reacts to managing the ups and downs of a full NFL game is different. You don't know about someone's fight or flight response until they are tested. Sometimes it crushes people, sometimes it elevates them.

Granted, he wouldn't be playing in the super bowl, but leading an NFL team as your audition to a possible career is still a big deal.

OTOH if some fans are saying that he shouldn't play because he isn't good enough to be an nfl qb, then why is he even on the roster after 2 years?

They absolutely know how "good" he is, but how easily he reacts to managing the ups and downs of a full NFL game is different. You don't know about someone's fight or flight response until they are tested. Sometimes it crushes people, sometimes it elevates them.

Granted, he wouldn't be playing in the super bowl, but leading an NFL team as your audition to a possible career is still a big deal.

OTOH if some fans are saying that he shouldn't play because he isn't good enough to be an nfl qb, then why is he even on the roster after 2 years?
I would agree if Bill Belichick thought that Stidham was still potentially a viable starter at this point and he needed to see how he did in the real thing. If he is already convinced that he's not, then it doesn't matter at this point.

Yeah, McDaniels is basically saying what Belichick has said, Cam gives the Pats the best chance to win. That being said, I think the Pats get killed by the Bills. Then maybe we see Stidham against the Jets.
The Belichick/McDaniels quote you bring up has been truncated. What they originally said was "Cam gives the Pats the best chance to win a better draft choice."

Last edited:
Stidham needs to start, period. We've found out Newton is not an nfl quarterback this season. But Bill the Coach will start Newton. I firmly believe before the season Bill got Newton to agree to a cheapy one year deal with the promise that Newton would start 16 games if healthy. With Newton wanting to get one last big contract, Bill gave him the chance. If Newton goes out these next 2 games and plays really well some idiot team is going to give him a big contract. I also really think when they signed Newton Krafty Bob thought he'd put fannies in the seats because at the time there was lots of "TALK" that stadiums might have up to 50% faNS across the league....
There is a many years long waiting list for season tickets. Putting fannies in the seats was already accomplished, no player added could have sold a single ticket.

That doesn’t sound like a rousing endorsement of Stidham.
Sounds pretty bad for Stidham. Clearly they are very very down on him if Cam is still starting.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
The same coaching staff that just this year wasn't giving their best receiver any snaps until an injury forced their hand? They aren't infallible.

The same coaching staff that just this year wasn't giving their best receiver any snaps until an injury forced their hand? They aren't infallible.
They gave him snaps last year. He wasn’t that great. They started him out on a low work load and gave him more and more responsibility as he earned it. People keep acting like letting a young guy earn his way to starting was bad. Stidham got opportunities too. He didn’t make the most of them

They gave him snaps last year. He wasn’t that great. They started him out on a low work load and gave him more and more responsibility as he earned it. People keep acting like letting a young guy earn his way to starting was bad. Stidham got opportunities too. He didn’t make the most of them
He was much better last year than the first round pick they kept trotting out in front of him in the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back