PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who will start at QB against Buffalo?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who will start at QB against Buffalo

• Cam should start, but Bill will go with Stidham

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stidham needs to start, period. We've found out Newton is not an nfl quarterback this season. But Bill the Coach will start Newton. I firmly believe before the season Bill got Newton to agree to a cheapy one year deal with the promise that Newton would start 16 games if healthy. With Newton wanting to get one last big contract, Bill gave him the chance. If Newton goes out these next 2 games and plays really well some idiot team is going to give him a big contract. I also really think when they signed Newton Krafty Bob thought he'd put fannies in the seats because at the time there was lots of "TALK" that stadiums might have up to 50% faNS across the league....

We had several key defenders opt out this year. They'll be back for 2021.
Say what?
Chung & High were the ONLY defenders to opt out. The rest were offensive players in every sense of the word.
Bet $$$ Chung will not be back in 2021 and High might not be.

Stidham needs to start, period. We've found out Newton is not an nfl quarterback this season.
Neither is Stidham.

You want rookie athletes to show progression from their first to second year. Stidham did not. He slipped from presumed QB1 to QB3 before the season started. That's not progression. Not a good sign if you think this guy is a starter and the heir to Brady and will give us the passing game we need badly. Compare that to Brady whose massive jump from 2000 to 2001 made Bill elevate him from QB4 to QB2 and the rest was history.

When people are pounding their chests about a 5/7 27 yard 2 sack performance when you're getting blown out, or a game where he threw 3 passes in a rout and people said he was great - the only thing that says is we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything to give us hope to see a competent NFL passing game. That is understandable but they won't find that on the roster right now. Hopefully that is coming next season.

Stid is nothing special. People are excited about this guy - why? I don't see it. I think the team can easily find another guy just like Stidham with their eyes closed. They're a dime a dozen. There's no reason other than wishful thinking to think if he's named starter next year the Pats would be a good offense. He's had no "wow" moments. Nothing about his game makes you think he's going to be good other than wishful thinking. With an actual promising QB prospect you'd see this. We haven't seen anything with Stid. Yes garbage time and limited reps but a 51 passer rating when other defenses have let their foot off the gas is nothing to brag about. There was nothing to remember about his career as a Patriot to date except his pick 6's. Nothing to look forward to. Has an ok arm but panics under pressure from an NFL pass rush. I disagree with the narrative about his decision making - it's nothing that distinguishes him from any other JAG. That's no different than almost all other late round QB draft picks that get sent packing after camp. And he's approaching 25 years old. If he doesn't have "it" by now - it's not happening.

If Bill starts him then he is playing out the string and nothing more. Maybe that's the sensible thing to do but Stid is not getting a "tryout" and the team does not owe the fans a showcase. That's been done already, and it seems Bill has already decided no thank you.

The Pats can do better than Stid in their search for the heir to Brady. Much, much better.

Last edited:
Neither is Stidham.

You want rookie athletes to show progression from their first to second year. Stidham did not. He slipped from presumed QB1 to QB3 before the season started. That's not progression. Not a good sign if you think this guy is a starter and the heir to Brady and will give us the passing game we need badly. Compare that to Brady whose massive jump from 2000 to 2001 made Bill elevate him from QB4 to QB2 and the rest was history.

When people are pounding their chests about a 5/7 27 yard 2 sack performance when you're getting blown out, or a game where he threw 3 passes in a rout and people said he was great - the only thing that says is we are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything to give us hope to see a competent NFL passing game. That is understandable but they won't find that on the roster right now. Hopefully that is coming next season.

Stid is nothing special. People are excited about this guy - why? I don't see it. I think the team can easily find another guy just like Stidham with their eyes closed. They're a dime a dozen. There's no reason other than wishful thinking to think if he's named starter next year the Pats would be a good offense. He's had no "wow" moments. Nothing about his game makes you think he's going to be good other than wishful thinking. With an actual promising QB prospect you'd see this. We haven't seen anything with Stid. Yes garbage time and limited reps but a 51 passer rating when other defenses have let their foot off the gas is nothing to brag about. There was nothing to remember about his career as a Patriot to date except his pick 6's. Nothing to look forward to. Has an ok arm but panics under pressure from an NFL pass rush. I disagree with the narrative about his decision making - it's nothing that distinguishes him from any other JAG. That's no different than almost all other late round QB draft picks that get sent packing after camp. And he's approaching 25 years old. If he doesn't have "it" by now - it's not happening.

If Bill starts him then he is playing out the string and nothing more. Maybe that's the sensible thing to do but Stid is not getting a "tryout" and the team does not owe the fans a showcase. That's been done already, and it seems Bill has already decided no thank you.

The Pats can do better than Stid in their search for the heir to Brady. Much, much better.
They have not showcased Stidham. Throwing him out there in garbage time does not constitute that. Showcasing him would be giving him 1st team reps in practice and starting him the last two games of the season. I don’t care if he’s not the guy, but you need to start Stidham because he could catch fire in these games and you’ll have a sucker team who will trade for him. There is zero reason why Cam should be playing. Zero.

They have not showcased Stidham. Throwing him out there in garbage time does not constitute that. Showcasing him would be giving him 1st team reps in practice and starting him the last two games of the season. I don’t care if he’s not the guy, but you need to start Stidham because he could catch fire in these games and you’ll have a sucker team who will trade for him. There is zero reason why Cam should be playing. Zero.
Maybe not worded great but I meant that they've already given him a "tryout". They don't owe the fans a showcase of anyone on the roster.

I don't think the Pats can convince any team in a trade to give us anything more than a refund of the 4th round pick they used to draft Stidham.

Maybe not worded great but I meant that they've already given him a "tryout". They don't owe the fans a showcase of anyone on the roster.

I don't think the Pats can convince any team in a trade to give us anything more than a refund of the 4th round pick they used to draft Stidham.
That’s at least something. If you weren’t starting him, you’d get nothing.

This isn't a freaking charity. Who cares that Cam wants his contract incentives, playing time %... since when does BB care about that?
The product on the field sucks at league worst levels! It's as clear as the cold sore on BB's lip that Cam can't run this offense, he can't throw, he can't make decisions. He gets a few yards rushing when he fails to see 3 open receivers, but so what? What does it do for this team now to give Cam the start when he has no part of the future? And you can't even work on the new/young guys in the passing game that will be your core next year? no amount of BB-worship can provide a reasonable argument to keep Cam at QB.

At this point with us not making the playoffs, I'd play Stidham. Let's see what he can or can't do. I think we all have a feeling of what we'll see, but no need in throwing Cam out there anymore.

Play stidham. Cams had all year to audition and has shown that he’s not the future here at QB. Who cares if Stid stinks these last 2 weeks.

He slipped from presumed QB1 to QB3 before the season started. That's not progression. Not a good sign if you think this guy is a starter and the heir to Brady and will give us the passing game we need badly. .
Drawing comparisons between this bizarre off-season and 2001 seems unwise.

just to avoid watching any other games with Cam under center I would take Stidham as a starter vs the Bills, hell I would even rather watch Meyers or Edelman throwing passes than whatever Cam is doing out there

Hopefully Stid

Who will start at WR? We can probably find better guys on other teams practice squads

Stidham needs to start, period. We've found out Newton is not an nfl quarterback this season. But Bill the Coach will start Newton. I firmly believe before the season Bill got Newton to agree to a cheapy one year deal with the promise that Newton would start 16 games if healthy. With Newton wanting to get one last big contract, Bill gave him the chance. If Newton goes out these next 2 games and plays really well some idiot team is going to give him a big contract. I also really think when they signed Newton Krafty Bob thought he'd put fannies in the seats because at the time there was lots of "TALK" that stadiums might have up to 50% faNS across the league....
No idiot team is going to sign Newton to a big contract. He hasn’t shown anything this year other than it doesn’t look like he can play anymore. But as long as we are not the idiot team and he is gone next year....I’m good and wish him well!

just to avoid watching any other games with Cam under center I would take Stidham as a starter vs the Bills, hell I would even rather watch Meyers or Edelman throwing passes than whatever Cam is doing out there
When I watched Cam overthrow Meyers in the end zone by a mile, I thought of Gisele and Welker. We know Meyers can drop it in the bucket.

As many people have said/hinted at... it really depends how they view Stidham internally.

If they think he has a chance to be a starter in this league, you need to give him the last two game and see what he has.

If they know he won't be more than a back-up, then, yeah, sure, stick with Cam.

To be honest, I think these last two games should be about evaluating players and see what you have for next year. Stidham is part of that... unless the decision to move on from him has already been made.

As many people have said/hinted at... it really depends how they view Stidham internally.

If they think he has a chance to be a starter in this league, you need to give him the last two game and see what he has.

If they know he won't be more than a back-up, then, yeah, sure, stick with Cam.

To be honest, I think these last two games should be about evaluating players and see what you have for next year. Stidham is part of that... unless the decision to move on from him has already been made.
Hope so. Pats can do so much better than Stidham if they're looking for a franchise QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back