PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Who takes Edelman's spot on the roster?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who takes Julian Edelman's roster spot?

• Austin Carr

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • D.J. Foster

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • Devin Lucien

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • A veteran not currently on the roster

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Some other player currently on the Pats roster

Votes: 13 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dola can find quick holes in zones, and Mitchell has a great intermediate game. Those two will try to take over Jules' production (I think McD will find something for Burkhead and White to do as well) and the open roster spot will go to Lucien.

I don't think that Carr can step in and produce. I'm convinced Foster is just too small for the NFL.....get a hand on him, and he's getting spun around (James White has been running right through DL arm tackles).

Lucien knows what he's doing, has the most upside, and will fill in the back end of the roster.

If this had happened last year it would have been disastrous imo. This year we have cooks, malcom mitchell, dola and Austin car to take up the slack.

Yes four: Lewis, Burkhead, Gillislie, and White.

Foster would always be inactive, and a waste of a roster spot.
I honestly see D.J. taking from Lewis or Gillislie.
Can we dress 5? haha. Dress 2 TEs only and 5 WRs. Bolden may be on the way out if any of them can contribute on special teams.

I think it's going to be Slot WR by committee and not a straight up replacement for Edelman. Amendola, Hogan, Cooks, and Mitchell will all see reps in the slot, but overall I think Amendola and Mitchell will see more reps with Edelman out.

Dola seems to show up more in the superbowl than the regular season. Mitchell's gonna have to step up.

Excellent post DA is clutch but not built to take a pounding. This is why I find the Edelman injury very troubling. One more injury at that position and our Great dept just go to crap.:(

Unless Mitchell isn't ready to play (in which case add Carr), I see no reason for an additional WR or RB on the 53 (unless it is STer Bolden). The only other offensive player I could see would be an OG.

Well currently the WR group is Amendola, Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell.

You only want 4 WR on the 53?

I want either Carr or Lucien, my preference being Carr

I don't expect major contributions from the #5 WR.

I think we will see more 2TE sets and more 2 RB sets, frequently w/o a FB. Lots of motion to get the rb in the pattern.

Unless Mitchell isn't ready to play (in which case add Carr), I see no reason for an additional WR or RB on the 53 (unless it is STer Bolden). The only other offensive player I could see would be an OG.
I agree. With Gronk Allen white lewis burkhead we don't need more than 4 WRs and the 5th would be inactive.
WR5 should be on the practice squad.

I honestly see D.J. taking from Lewis or Gillislie.
Can we dress 5? haha. Dress 2 TEs only and 5 WRs. Bolden may be on the way out if any of them can contribute on special teams.

With no clue on Slater's return, that looks less likely by the day. Bolden had 22 ST snaps yesterday IIRC.

I agree. With Gronk Allen white lewis burkhead we don't need more than 4 WRs and the 5th would be inactive.
WR5 should be on the practice squad.

There are 7 game day inactives for a reason.

Yes. Usually because they are injured.

Hogan, Mitchell, and Amendola all missed time last year. If you have WR5 on the PS, then you only have three WRs dressed, or you have to release/IR another player to add WR5.

Well currently the WR group is Amendola, Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell.

You only want 4 WR on the 53?

I want either Carr or Lucien, my preference being Carr

As long as Gronk is healthy and we have a couple of healthy receiving RB's, I'm fine with 4 on the 53, and 2 on the PS.

Hogan, Mitchell, and Amendola all missed time last year. If you have WR5 on the PS, then you only have three WRs dressed, or you have to release/IR another player to add WR5.

I missed your point. I'm fine with 3 WR's active if there is an injury. After all, we have receiving TE's and RB's in addition to the 3 dressed WR's.

I missed your point. I'm fine with 3 WR's active if there is an injury. After all, we have receiving TE's and RB's in addition to the 3 dressed WR's.

You might be. But history says Bill and Josh aren't. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents