PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poll: Is Gronk really retired or is he coming back?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Gronk stay retired or come back?

• He's done. Once you're retired, you're retired.

Votes: 65 36.7%
  • He'll come back. He's only 29, just wasn't up to the grind of the full season.

Votes: 80 45.2%
  • I can't decide, who knows, pass.

Votes: 32 18.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is andleman?

Our bye is after week 9. I say he comes back for last 7. A cool 1m per game

If I see an Instagram of Gronk having a beer with Favre, I'll know he's coming back.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen Gronk in public recently?
He attended a Bruins game. No?
Has he gained or lost a serious amount of weight?
It’s a bit early yet, Sammy. Taking it one step further, it’s going to be different than judging an OL. Gronk is 6’6” or maybe 6’7,” so he’s probably more likely to carry 260 lbs. I’d have a hard time seeing him change too much, at least for awhile. I’m sure he’ll likely continue working out.

Ray Lewis killed someone

I guess if he never intended to retire, but said that to get the media off his *** then I wouldn't blame him one bit if he comes out of retirement for another year.

Have the retirement papers been filed with the NFL?

Will anyone be allowed to take # 87? NKH? Jenkins or Thomas.

Seems like Gronk would be promoting his big time wresting career by now.

Did Gronk sell his house and move? No sales or income tax in Florida. WTF, live in Mass?

I think he comes back, think he wants more money and doesn’t want to play elsewhere. He hasn’t seemed to have left the area if he’s at the Bruins...?

Leading up to the draft I was a definite, "No, he is not coming back." but now I don't know. We all know how important the tight end position is to our offense, and yet except for signing/keeping a couple of JAGs, we've done nothing to replace him.

I think he comes back when he wants and the Pats know it.

Can someone inform me why this is even a question? From my understanding, he just retired and it wasn't surprising he did. As in, he's gonna stay retired. But I don't stay up to date in the liner notes:

What has suggested he's coming back? Genuinely wondering! As I'd love to have him haha.

Can someone inform me why this is even a question? From my understanding, he just retired and it wasn't surprising he did. As in, he's gonna stay retired. But I don't stay up to date in the liner notes:

What has suggested he's coming back? Genuinely wondering! As I'd love to have him haha.
A couple weeks before he announced his retirement Willie McGuiness thought Gronk would retire and come back mid to late season. So who knows

Leading up to the draft I was a definite, "No, he is not coming back." but now I don't know. We all know how important the tight end position is to our offense, and yet except for signing/keeping a couple of JAGs, we've done nothing to replace him.
The position WAS important to the Pats offense because Gronk was an exceptional talent. Now the emphasis will go to other areas and the tight end position once again will be like it was before Gronk. That part of it really is no big deal -- backs and WRs will compensate.

As for Gronk coming back, I'd be mildly surprised; I expect him to stay retired. I think he's physically pretty far past his prime from all the accumulated injuries taking a big toll. Every month that passes without him doing very specific football-oriented training puts him further behind. Then you have the questions of how he would be accommodated financially if he returned during the season, whose roster spot he'd claim, how quickly he could get up to speed, etc. It's not like he could just show up in November and be ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes