PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was born and raised in New England, and you shouldn't be lumping in Central/Northern New Hampshire and rural Vermont with "New England". I haven't 'thumped' here, I've just exposed your nonsense for the drivel that it was. On the other hand, your "little tolerance" part is precisely the point I was making earlier about people such as yourself. Thanks for backing me on that by admitting it and adding the irony of a claim of being 'moderate' to boot. Now, enough already, this belongs in the political forum.

than stop replying, I am guilty too though, on the count of 3, we all stop okay?

I was born and raised in New England, and you shouldn't be lumping in Central/Northern New Hampshire and rural Vermont with "New England". I haven't 'thumped' here, I've just exposed your nonsense for the drivel that it was. On the other hand, your "little tolerance" part is precisely the point I was making earlier about people such as yourself. Thanks for backing me on that by admitting it and adding the irony of a claim of being 'moderate' to boot. Now, enough already, this belongs in the political forum.

Finally! I was just waiting for you to concede. you're right, we should move on:cool:

Well, this time the claim is backed up by some data.
Teams in that situation have gone 12-12 in that second game, well below average, identifying the disadvantage.
Wait a minute.

what's so bad about good teams going 12-12 on the road?

Jeez, they've got us at home, the league spotted them 6 points when they scheduled this game.

Actually they beat them twice the next year, once in the regualr season and in the AFC championship game, your off by a year, Bro. Try naming another team or GM that does that though. The only thing I have ever seen BB ask for was a goal line camera, which would benefit everyone.

You are joking right? The league gets tapes and calls every Monday and Tuesday lobbying to get some sort of call. That would indicate it isn't just for Polian. Get real.

You are joking right? The league gets tapes and calls every Monday and Tuesday lobbying to get some sort of call. That would indicate it isn't just for Polian. Get real.

Yeah, but they don't b!tch to the media the way that Polian does. Keep it quiet, no need to make a production out of it.

OK let's be serious here for a minute. Of course he's doing it for a reason. Of course he's lobbying for some calls. Didn't it work with the mugging games in New England. You haven't beaten us since.
You're wrong, as usual. The no contact (after five yards) emphasis went into effect during the 2004 NFL season. The Patriots beat the Colts twice in 2004.

what's so bad about good teams going 12-12 on the road?

I thought you were talking about teams after they played the Pats, aka after the y had been filmed. I missed what "situation" you were talking about.

You're wrong, as usual. The no contact (after five yards) emphasis went into effect during the 2004 NFL season. The Patriots beat the Colts twice in 2004.

I can't believe I'm going to do this but here goes... Technically ColtinIraq is wrong as you astutely point out. But technicality aside, I am willing to concede the point based on the spirit broader ramifications of the rules emphasis/change brought about as a result of said whining after the 2003 AFCCG. :eek:

Change generally happens slowly and IMO the effect of this rules emphasis change took a few years to get BB's attention and counter. It is clear to me now that the kind of football team the Pats were a few years ago--even last year had been eclipsed by the Colts with their potent offense and just good enough defense. BB's answer has been taking the field, and the league by, storm this fall in the form of what may turn out to be the most potent offensive football team of all time! IMHO, Pats fans of every creed, color, and political stripe would do well to lay aside their differences and savor the delicious irony about to unfold on Nov. 4th as the pendulum once again swings back in favor of BB vs. naPolian & Co. :D

I can't believe I'm going to do this but here goes... Technically ColtinIraq is wrong as you astutely point out. But technicality aside, I am willing to concede the point based on the spirit broader ramifications of the rules emphasis/change brought about as a result of said whining after the 2003 AFCCG.

Change generally happens slowly and IMO the effect of this rules emphasis change took a few years to get BB's attention and counter.

Wrong!

It is clear to me now that the kind of football team the Pats were a few years ago--even last year had been eclipsed by the Colts with their potent offense and just good enough defense. BB's answer has been taking the field, and the league by, storm this fall in the form of what may turn out to be the most potent offensive football team of all time! IMHO, Pats fans of every creed, color, and political stripe would do well to lay aside their differences and savor the delicious irony about to unfold on Nov. 4th as the pendulum once again swings back in favor of BB vs. naPolian & Co. :D
The issue last year for the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game was not the lack of offense but injuries. Let's review the New England Patriots injured reserve list prior to the aforementioned game:

2006 Patriots Injured Reserves
Eugene Wilson
Rodney Harrison
Randall Gay
Junior Seau

Notice that three of four players who were on the injured reserve list are currently starters on the 2007 New England Patriots defense. Notice that Randall Gay is currently the nickel cornerback for the 2007 New England Patriots defense. Ever notice in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, Richard Seymour was wearing a huge wrap on his elbow and that he required knee surgery in the off-season. Did you realize that Laurence Maroney required shoulder surgery in the off-season was limited throughout the aforementioned game? How about Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk AWOL in the fourth quarter as the Patriots were reduced to fourth string Heath Evans at running back?

all excellent points that ANY rational football fan would concede

all excellent points that ANY rational football fan would concede
Except for the Colts trolls because if the Colts offense was reduced to their fourth string running back in the fourth quarter, no way the Colts offense scores 17 points.

Wrong!

The issue last year for the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship Game was not the lack of offense but injuries. Let's review the New England Patriots injured reserve list prior to the aforementioned game:

2006 Patriots Injured Reserves
Eugene Wilson
Rodney Harrison
Randall Gay
Junior Seau

Notice that three of four players who were on the injured reserve list are currently starters on the 2007 New England Patriots defense. Notice that Randall Gay is currently the nickel cornerback for the 2007 New England Patriots defense. Ever notice in the 2006 AFC Championship Game, Richard Seymour was wearing a huge wrap on his elbow and that he required knee surgery in the off-season. Did you realize that Laurence Maroney required shoulder surgery in the off-season was limited throughout the aforementioned game? How about Corey Dillon and Kevin Faulk AWOL in the fourth quarter as the Patriots were reduced to fourth string Heath Evans at running back?

Can you honestly tell me that watching Pats vs. Colts the last couple seasons you got the same feeling of confidence you always had? In 2003-2004 I knew (it was truly beyond doubt for me) that we were going to shut them down. IMO, there has been a gradual changing of the guard since then though. Somewhere along the line I became apprehensive (still hopeful and full of bravado despite my uneasiness) because it appeared we no longer had the answers when it came to stopping Payton & Co. It felt like we needed to be able to score EVERY time we had the ball just to play with them. Last January I again was confident that if anyone could stop them in their dome it was a BB defense. When we went up 21-3 that old ****iness was back in full force. You know the rest of the story. Injuries or not they came out in the second half and walked all over us. I am confident of a better showing defensively with all of our starters on the field and AD in there to shut down those wicked TE routes over the middle (man do I HATE Dallas Clark). But I am more confident that this time it will be Colts fans with the uneasy feeling that they must score EVERY time on offense just to stay with us. Payback is a b*tch!!

Except for the Colts trolls because if the Colts offense was reduced to their fourth string running back in the fourth quarter, no way the Colts offense scores 17 points.

Well, we won't ever know that now will we. The fourth string running back wasn't playing defense. And if you want to rationalize, what would have happened a few years ago if your DBs hadn't been mugging and tackling the receivers. No way you would have held us to 3 points. Those games are over and done with. Nothing is going to change them.

Can you honestly tell me that watching Pats vs. Colts the last couple seasons you got the same feeling of confidence you always had?
Honestly, I have never seen so many Patriots defensive players affected by injuries and the flu as was the case in the second half of the 2006 AFC Championship Game.

And if you want to rationalize, what would have happened a few years ago if your DBs hadn't been mugging and tackling the receivers. No way you would have held us to 3 points. Those games are over and done with. Nothing is going to change them.
Hey moron, the rule was in effect during the 2004 NFL season. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE POSTING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

Hey moron, the rule was in effect during the 2004 NFL season. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE POSTING ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD!

I believe calling me a moron is inflammatory and cause for being banned. And no, the rule was in effect before then - just not enforced. Certainly got enforced after that game. YOU get the story right.

Last edited:
I believe calling me a moron is inflammatory and cause for being banned. And no, the rule was in effect before then - just not enforced. Certainly got enforced after that game. YOU get the story right.

You yourself said those games were in the past, so stop whining about them.

What is so right about you, is that you're always WRONG! Besides, this is Patriots message board for Patriots fans not Colts fans. You've just registered this month for the sole purpose of trolling and flame-baiting as evident by posting your own thread.

It actually was brought up several weeks ago in Polian's weekly interview on Colts.com. You can see it in the last post on this page...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=63555&page=2

It's just your local guy who is bringing it up now.

Polian likes to hear himself talk. He has a weekly interview on the Colts website and he has his own weekly TV show and radio show. It's the opposite with the Pats, you have to pry any type of info out of Belichick. Most here prefer the Patriot way, but even though I think Polian is too public, it is nice to get info on a variety of things at times. With Dungy, if you ask him about something he will give you an answer especially if Polian has already commented on it.

Dude that is seriously out of line. Why would you ever wish harm on someone who is just a fan of another team even if you don't like them? BTW, why the name calling with me? I have been civil with everyone on this board you may not agree with my point of view, but let talk about football and the things that go along with it and not stupe to name calling and pot shots.

I seriously can't believe that this got this big. It's really a non-issue.

I realize you are one of the good Colt posters...so you are always welcome. However, you shoul be a politician or defense attorney. You are very careful in your answers and never quite answer the point of previous posts. Are you not embarrassed by the comments and antics of your GM? This calls for a yes or no answer...The point is why is it always Napolian and Dungy whining about something? Compare them to BB and Pioli. Would you ever picture them whining about the schedule or assaulting a Jet employee or wishing a broken leg on someone? Again, this calls for a simple yes or no answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes