PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyFooda
Hah, I just got banned there because I said Dungy was arguably not a good dad if he didn't accept his son for being gay, in a thread that was about Dungy's book where he gives advice on how to live. You guys are all a bunch of ****is, just like Polian and Dungy. Go back too indystar, you pompous ass.

Seriously...you wonder why you got banned?

MightyFooda is actually correct in addressing Dungy's issue's with homosexuality...and the more important issue of his own son's homosexuality. Any father who can't accept his own son being gay can NOT be a good man. That's just common sense FACT.

If I knew a man who rejected his own son for his sexual orientation, I would know that man was without an ounce of doubt, a sorry definition of a human being.

Good job MightyFooda!

As we all know, religious doctrine do not define a culture's progress. It is the laws of the land that show the true nature of a culture and in the United States of America, our Bill of Rights and due process of our laws show we are by nature compassionate with all people. That is not my opinion, but fact that was created by our forefathers and celebrated by our people!

Dues Arae is WAAAAaaaayyyyyyy off base and blatantly wrong.

And no...I am not gay.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyFooda
Hah, I just got banned there because I said Dungy was arguably not a good dad if he didn't accept his son for being gay, in a thread that was about Dungy's book where he gives advice on how to live. You guys are all a bunch of ****is, just like Polian and Dungy. Go back too indystar, you pompous ass.

MightyFooda is actually correct in addressing Dungy's issue's with homosexuality...and the more important issue of his own son's homosexuality. Any father who can't accept his own son being gay can NOT be a good man. That's just common sense FACT.

Good job MightyFooda!

That may be a valid point except that Dungy's son wasn't gay.

BTW, just because you believe something and state it does not make something FACT, it's still just your opinion regardless of the topic.

I can save some time,

"Please STFU, if Indystar banned you you were obviously going above and beyond troll status because we have more than our share of Pats trolls that still get to post there freely"

But MightyFooda was correct in that he should not have been banned for bringing up the fact that Dungy contributed to the cause of his own son's suicide. He's obviously in denial and is suffering terribly because of it...as he should be. It just blows my mind that a father would reject his own son because he was gay.:cool:

BTW, just because you believe something and state it does not make something FACT, it's still just your opinion regardless of the topic.

But what I stated regarding our culture and our laws IS fact. Religious doctrine are very dangerous and the cause of much violence & conflict...and that too is fact.

You do agree with the fact that any father who rejects his own son for being gay can not be a good many, don't you?

In debate, there are 3 realities, my opinion, your opinion and, the truth. A son is a son, that is surely fact & truth. And the TRUTH regarding any father that rejects his own son for being gay is that he is wrong. Any worthwhile faith will confirm that.

Last edited:

Again, you weren't in that thread, when it was presented it was as a hypothetical, that if his son was gay.. etc etc, and Colt in Iraq, I didn't bring this up someone did when mentioning people getting banned from indystar, so bite me.

The fact is that all 3 major western religions consider homosexuality to be a bad thing. So, in essence, you're attacking any Jew, Christian or Muslim who actually believes the tenets of their faith. How nice for you. Furthermore, going to another person's, or team's, website and deliberately inciting an argument is exactly what being a troll is. Congratulations! You're as bad a troll as any Colts poster here has been.

And, for the record, your postings are more bigoted, by definition, than anything I've ever seen Dungy do or say.

I am attacking religion because I am criticizing them attacking other peoples way of life?
That's the numbest thing you could have said...

If I knew a man who rejected his own son for his sexual orientation, I would know that man was without an ounce of doubt, a sorry definition of a human being.

Really? And, under your own arguments, who are you to judge? Oh, that's right.... a hypocrite. The reality is that you have simply replaced one set of "intolerant thoughts" with another. You're not being better than that "sorry definition of a human being", you're being worse, because you claim to know better.

As we all know, religious doctrine do not define a culture's progress. It is the laws of the land that show the true nature of a culture and in the United States of America, our Bill of Rights and due process of our laws show we are by nature compassionate with all people. That is not my opinion, but fact that was created by our forefathers and celebrated by our people!

Dues Arae is WAAAAaaaayyyyyyy off base and blatantly wrong.

And no...I am not gay.

Wow, you know this little about our founding fathers and you pop off about them anyway? Seriously? Well, let's play "fun with Quotes"

George Washington:
Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.

William Penn:
If we will not be governed by God, we must be governed by tyrants.

Benjamin Franklin:
Whatever makes men good Christians, makes them good citizens.

John Adams:
We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion...Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

George Washington:
It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.

James Madison:
We have staked the whole future of America's civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all our political institutions ...upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God.

Last edited:
But what I stated regarding our culture and our laws IS fact. Religious doctrine are very dangerous and the cause of much violence & conflict...and that too is fact.

You do agree with the fact that any father who rejects his own son for being gay can not be a good many, don't you?

My comment about facts has nothing to do with this topic. I am saying that just because you believe something does not make it a fact.

Example...

Wes Welker is a Patriot. Fact.

Wes Welker is the Patriots most valuable receiver. Opinion. But some would say it's a fact.

Now that this thread has been highjacked, can it be brought back in line or taken to a political forum.

Really? And, under your own arguments, who are you to judge? Oh, that's right.... a hypocrite. The reality is that you have simply replaced one set of "intolerant thoughts" with another. You're not being better than that "sorry definition of a human being", you're being worse, because you claim to know better.

Wow, you know this little about our founding fathers and you pop off about them anyway? Seriously? Well, let's play "fun with Quotes"

And when you think about ALLLLLLL those religious quotes from American history, KNOW one thing...

"SEPARATION OF CHURCH & STATE"

Without the above, this country would be dead. So praise God and celebrate this great separation.

Use your common sense and think about your own child if he were gay. You KNOW FOR A FACT you could not call yourself a good man if you could not accept and love him.

You may think your knowledge of American history is good, except you forget about Jefferson's letter to the ministers which contained perhaps the greatest interpretation of religion & government in the history of mankind.

"...so as to build a wall between church and state...."

Shame on you!

Last edited:
My comment about facts has nothing to do with this topic. I am saying that just because you believe something does not make it a fact.

Example...

Wes Welker is a Patriot. Fact.

Wes Welker is the Patriots most valuable receiver. Opinion. But some would say it's a fact.

Now that this thread has been highjacked, can it be brought back in line or taken to a political forum.

Good point...I'm done!

Hah, I just got banned there because I said Dungy was arguably not a good dad if he didn't accept his son for being gay, in a thread that was about Dungy's book where he gives advice on how to live.

As you can see I said IF and ARGUABLY not for a fact and definetly.
I never said he was or wasn't. And please, to say that I think it's wrong to attack people for their lifestyle is an attack on religous freedom, then you sir need to move to Iran. They might have laws that are more to your liking.
Other than that, I'm done with this.

And when you think about ALLLLLLL those religious quotes from American history, KNOW one thing...

This revisionist separation interpretation dogma was somehow missing when the Founders simply wrote "Congress shall make no law..."

Thomas Jefferson's religious beliefs or lack of same (a complicated guy and tortured intellectual, he was well known for expressing multiple, conflicting opinions on many issues) would be best discussed in the political or religious forum.

Without the above, this country would be dead. So praise God and celebrate this great separation.

Use your common sense and think about your own child if he were gay. You KNOW FOR A FACT you could not call yourself a good man if you could not accept and love him.

You may think your knowledge of American history is good, except you forget about Jefferson's letter to the ministers which contained perhaps the greatest interpretation of religion & government in the history of mankind.

Shame on you!

The myth of "separation of church and state" is nothing more than that, and was not put in place by the founding fathers. It's misapplication has been a deliberate twisting of the first amendment, and it was put in place by the Supreme Court in the 1900's. Feel free to read Jefferson's second inaugural speech, or to look to his position on the use of federal funds to build churches and support Christian missionaries.

As for shame, learn your history. Justice Black was not a 'founding father'.

The myth of "separation of church and state" is nothing more than that, and was not put in place by the founding fathers. It's misapplication has been a deliberate twisting of the first amendment, and it was put in place by the Supreme Court in the 1900's. Feel free to read Jefferson's second inaugural speech, or to look to his position on the use of federal funds to build churches and support Christian missionaries.

What people who used wooden teeth and owned slaves think is irrelevant to me. Funny, also, that you left out most of the quotes where Franklin made it clear he was about as close to an atheist as you could be back then...

What people who used wooden teeth and owned slaves think is irrelevant to me. Funny, also, that you left out most of the quotes where Franklin made it clear he was about as close to an atheist as you could be back then...

I'm not the one who used the "founding fathers" argument, Patriots Reign was and I merely responded to it, so your opinion here means less than nothing in context. As for Franklin, he is widely considered to have been a deist, not an atheist.

Last edited:

It would seem you would recognize and learn not to argue with those that might be a little smarter than you.

I see this thread has gone downhill

Well, isn't it strange that OUR COUNTRY just "happened" to adopt Jefferson's view?:D Again, this is FACT and will never change. Separation of Church & State is praised by free nations around the world. Thankfully, we as Americans cherish is and hold it near & dear to our hearts. Ask any American Jew or Muslim!:D Hallalua & Amen!

Personally, I'm Jewish and my family cherishes this aspect of American culture & government. People like me fight wars for America to protect such laws as this. We would never fight for a Christian nation and thankfully, we are not one!

Thank GOD this country will never be run by religion...otherwise we'd be just like Iran.:D

For further discussion, you should visit Perspectives.com/forums. Otherwise, get back to staying on-point!

Well, isn't it strange that OUR COUNTRY just "happened" to adopt Jefferson's view?:D Again, this is FACT and will never change. Separation of Church & State is praised by free nations around the world. Thankfully, we as Americans cherish is and hold it near & dear to our hearts. Ask any American Jew or Muslim!:D Hallalua & Amen!

Personally, I'm Jewish and my family cherishes this aspect of American culture & government. People like me fight wars for America to protect such laws as this. We would never fight for a Christian nation and thankfully, we are not one!

Thank GOD this country will never be run by religion...otherwise we'd be just like Iran.:D

For further discussion, you should visit Perspectives.com/forums. Otherwise, get back to staying on-point!

Europe was "ruled by religion" for much of its history, and was not "just like Iran". America didn't "happen" to adopt Jefferson's view, since a: 'Jefferson's view' was deliberately taken out of context and twisted by Black, and b: The Supreme Court decreeing by judicial fiat is not the same as America adopting a view (abortion should prove that to you rather decisively). Finally, as for the "Christian nation" argument, I'll not debate that with you. It's a political issue. Instead, I'll simply refer you to Church of The Holy Trinity vs. The United States for you to start your research. How you choose to take the words there is completely up to you.

Last edited:
So.... IMO, Polian's whining about the schedule so close to their game with us is simply a way to create an excuse when they lose. Another plausible reason for the whining is that it is just the character of that organization to cry all the time and that this specific whine has nothing to do with the upcoming Pats game. Are there other explanations? If so, I'd like to hear them. If not, which of the above do you think holds more water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents