PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Polian & Dungy Whining To The League Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdly Metro

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Didn't see this posted yet. It's by Felger in today's Herald. Looks like they're already lining up their excuse over in Indy for the impending beatdown at the hands of team Belichick. Whiney little b*tches!!

"Indianapolis general manager Bill Polian and the Colts are complaining, again. This time, it’s about a schedule that has them playing a road game this Sunday at Carolina on a short week following a road Monday night game in Jacksonville. After the Panthers, of course, the Colts return home for Armageddon Day against the Patriots on Nov. 4.

Research conducted by the Indianapolis Star showed that over the past decade, 24 teams have played road games on a short week following a road Monday night game. Those teams are 12-12 in the second game and have lost seven of the past 10. The Colts are further chafed because the Panthers are coming off a bye. The Star pointed out that that scenario has presented itself just three times since 1997.

Coach Tony Dungy said the team lodged a complaint with the league. Shocker!

“It’s harder, it definitely is,” said Dungy.

Of course, fans in New England are well aware of this routine by now. They’ve seen Polian go to the league over injury timeouts (Willie McGinest in 2003), illegal contact in the secondary (2003 AFC title game) and poor field conditions (divisional round in 2004). Just add another log to the fire.

Meanwhile, the Patriots are no stranger to the above schedule quirk. The Pats were asked to do it in 2004, playing Monday night at Miami on Dec. 20 (a 29-28 loss) and then traveling to the division rival Jets six days later (a 23-7 win).

The Pats had a similar case last year where the schedule had them on the road for a Monday night game on Oct. 30 (a blowout win at Minnesota) and then returning home to face the toughest team on their schedule six days later, the Colts. The Colts ran over the Pats in that game, 27-20.

If the Patriots publicly complained about any of those instances, there’s no record of it."

Polian again. This whining by Polian is, I believe, a sort of pressure on the NFL refs, when the pats and Indy play in Nov.4. Go Pats:bricks:

This is one of the big reasons I hate Indy. They always hold their hands to their chest and sigh in piety, but they are the biggest whiners around. I am sure TMQ and Peter King will come out with "rumors" next week that a BB spy was actually the schedule maker this year.

God, I hope we crush them (but I'm terrified we won't).

Didn't see this posted yet. It's by Felger in today's Herald. Looks like they're already lining up their excuse over in Indy for the impending beatdown at the hands of team Belichick. Whiney little b*tches!!

"Indianapolis general manager Bill Polian and the Colts are complaining, again. This time, it’s about a schedule that has them playing a road game this Sunday at Carolina on a short week following a road Monday night game in Jacksonville. After the Panthers, of course, the Colts return home for Armageddon Day against the Patriots on Nov. 4.

Research conducted by the Indianapolis Star showed that over the past decade, 24 teams have played road games on a short week following a road Monday night game. Those teams are 12-12 in the second game and have lost seven of the past 10. The Colts are further chafed because the Panthers are coming off a bye. The Star pointed out that that scenario has presented itself just three times since 1997.

Of course, fans in New England are well aware of this routine by now. They’ve seen Polian go to the league over injury timeouts (Willie McGinest in 2003), illegal contact in the secondary (2003 AFC title game) and poor field conditions (divisional round in 2004). Just add another log to the fire.

Meanwhile, the Patriots are no stranger to the above schedule quirk. The Pats were asked to do it in 2004, playing Monday night at Miami on Dec. 20 (a 29-28 loss) and then traveling to the division rival Jets six days later (a 23-7 win).

The Pats had a similar case last year where the schedule had them on the road for a Monday night game on Oct. 30 (a blowout win at Minnesota) and then returning home to face the toughest team on their schedule six days later, the Colts. The Colts ran over the Pats in that game, 27-20.

If the Patriots publicly complained about any of those instances, there’s no record of it."
This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time. But, it is what it is. I'm sure they will strap it on and go play.

SOOOO ****ing typical of Polian,and the dolts. They can never just PLAY THE GAME. They always have to try and get things tilted in their favor. Its why I loath him and his team. :mad:

This is old news. Spoke of earlier in the week. But what you fail to see, is that there is nothing "similar" to last year. Coming home after a Monday Nighter, and staying home is a much different animal than going back out on the road again for a Sunday 1 O'Clocker. The kicker (which no one alludes to in these conversations) is that we then TRAVEL to San Diego the next week. Toughest 4 game stretch, in terms of travel and opponents, that the Colts will have had in quite some time. But, it is what it is. I'm sure they will strap it on and go play.
HBM, If the shoe were on the other foot polian would be fine with it. If it were brought up to him HE would say well thats the schedual,we all have to play by the schedual. When I posted to you before on why I hate Polian this is an example. BB would never say a thing,other than I don't make the schedual,thats the way it is.

Last edited:
OMFG! Do any of them have testicles? ****ies doesn't even begin to describle them. I guess we can look forward to THAT schedule change next season. :rolleyes:

yet their class wont be questioned. Imagine the widespread outrage if kraft and belichick did such a thing. we wouldnt hear the end of it, but saint dungy and the godly polian will recieve no criticism outside of boston. things that make you go hmmmmmm.

The schedule makers better get security at their house before Polian comes over and jacks them up against a wall.

Just paly the games on your schedule and shut up.

The champs are supposed to have a tough road post superbowl. Just another example of the drunken press box jerk off whining and crying.

Waaaaa Waaaaaaaa my poor colts. Waaa Waaaa lets change the rules.

Good to see Dungy took some time away from gay bashing to whine also.

Last edited:
HBM because you are a Colts homer I can see why you are defending this but what good does it do for Polian and Dungy to coplain to the league about the schedule they were given?

ALL teams at some point or another have to face a challenge like this. TRUE cahmpions would take this in stride and NOT complain to the league about it. This is where we as Pat fans loathe the Colts! You won't see BB or Kraft or anyone else inside the organization that matters complaining to the league about a schedule that was predetermined years in advance. THAT'S what champions do, this just continues to make the Colts look like whiny little b*tches.

Your team may have a hack "reporter" on their side (who by the way is bordering on slander with his articles) but even he looks like a little baby.

Keep crying, we love the taste of your tears!

HBM because you are a Colts homer I can see why you are defending this but what good does it do for Polian and Dungy to complain to the league about the schedule they were given?

ALL teams at some point or another have to face a challenge like this. TRUE champions would take this in stride and NOT complain to the league about it. This is where we as Pat fans loathe the Colts! You won't see BB or Kraft or anyone else inside the organization that matters complaining to the league about a schedule that was predetermined years in advance. THAT'S what champions do, this just continues to make the Colts look like whiny little b*tches.

Your team may have a hack "reporter" on their side (who by the way is bordering on slander with his articles) but even he looks like a little baby.

Keep crying, we love the taste of your tears!

Newsflash: when you're the defending SB champs, your schedule is tough on purpose. From 2001 to 2005, the league continually made the Pats schedule tougher and tougher every year. I don't remember there being any whining about it by us. You also had an early bye. Every team that doesn't have to go to London this should STFU because they have nothing to moan about.

HBM, If the shoe were on the other foot polian would be fine with it. If it were brought up to him HE would say well thats the schedual,we all have to play by the schedual. When I posted to you before on why I hate Polian this is an example. BB would never say a thing,other than I don't make the schedual,thats the way it is.

Bingo. Polian only feels that the sanctity of the game is threatened if something harms the Colts.

He is a complete deuche.

Newsflash: when you're the defending SB champs, your schedule is tough on purpose. From 2001 to 2005, the league continually made the Pats schedule tougher and tougher every year. I don't remember there being any whining about it by us. You also had an early bye. Every team that doesn't have to go to London this should STFU because they have nothing to moan about.
ten charecters :rocker: :ditto: :agree:

bill polian was the kid in the neighborhood that everyone hated because he always left prematurely with his football because the game wasnt going his way.

I hope we hire flutie to break his leg.

Coming soon to a tabloid near you: Schedulegate! dun dun duuun

It's the schedule. Play the schedule. If it were actually illegal or some kind of rule-violation that would be one thing. What the F difference does it make for them to b!tch about it now? Polian really is such an F-ing Jauron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes